OBS and Maptools?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
celestian
Dragon

OBS and Maptools?

Post by celestian »

Has anyone used OBS with maptools? It's a capture/streaming application. I'm wanting to use it to capture the maptools window and record the audio from discord for our games. I've been able to get it to record audio easily but for some reason the window for maptools is just black. I've been able to capture a few other things (not java) so I've seen it work but not sure how to get it to work with "maptools" or java.

Anyone had any experience with it?

taustinoc
Dragon

Re: OBS and Maptools?

Post by taustinoc »

Google tells me this is a common issue with Java games. Fortunately for you, there are some very popular games (like Minecraft) which run on Java, and people like to record their games. This seems to be on target:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/c ... aft_issue/

celestian
Dragon

Post by celestian »

taustinoc wrote:Google tells me this is a common issue with Java games. Fortunately for you, there are some very popular games (like Minecraft) which run on Java, and people like to record their games. This seems to be on target:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/c ... aft_issue/

Turns out I was using the wrong option. I was using "Game Capture" and selecting the window/java window. But, what you need to use is "window capture" (not Game Capture).

Thanks!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Doesn't window capture not capture all the windows opened in MT like dialog windows? I think I just have to do desktop capture to get everything.

celestian
Dragon

Post by celestian »

aliasmask wrote:Doesn't window capture not capture all the windows opened in MT like dialog windows? I think I just have to do desktop capture to get everything.
For me it captured all of them. Map, chat, library/etc. I don't pop them out of the main window so maybe that was the issue you had?

Return to “MapTool”