Free size on tokens?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
ziltmilt
Dragon

Free size on tokens?

Post by ziltmilt »

It doesn't look like this is an option. There's no way to free size our tokens is there? What I'm shooting for is sci-fi vehicles that are scaled to characters.

Alternately .. objects can have properties and macros still interact with them same as tokens, right? ie, my vehicle can be an object or a token for macros to update or read properties?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Free size on tokens?

Post by wolph42 »

not sure what you're aiming at, but freesize is possible on the background layer. Next to that you can use macros to size tokens to your liking.

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

Yes, your vehicle can be on the Object layer but still have properties that can be get/set by macros. I have this all over the place in my current project. Players exists on the Token layer, hazards exist on the Object layer...and hazards all have their own set of properties which change via macros.

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

Looks like the setSize() function only sets the token to a pre-defined size (large, medium, etc). I need to go way beyond Colossal. Free-sizing this vehicle as an object will work, but the disadvantage is having to switch between layers if combat is between characters and vehicles.

Another workaround: set the vehicle as an object, do free-size as desired, then change it back to a token. Any idea if this will cause problems with code that manipulates the token properties?

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Or, move token to object layer, freesize it, move back to the token layer.
-Jamz

Return to “MapTool”