Token type ans some questions

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Luceed
Kobold

Token type ans some questions

Post by Luceed »

Hi again :)

I noticed that I can create new types of sets of properties for different kind of token.

In my case i would to make 3 kind of token:
  • -Pc: Everyone can see HP, MP, DEX, ect... By passing mouse over token.
    -Boss: Only Gm can see same informations.
    -Npc: Only Gm can see same informations.
But it seems I cant change a token type from "Base"...
Other weird thing, in Base type: I used the # in properties for "view GM only", but when I inspect the NPC token with "player view", It seems players can see hidden properties.

Moreover I want to implement an equipment panel.
If I understand correctly I need to add a new propertie to my PC's token called equipment for exemple, then use a macro to fill and display it ?

I'm using maptool 1.4.0.5

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Token type ans some questions

Post by aliasmask »

You can only use Basic. If you want different token types, you create those under preferences. You can separate data with labels, but they're still vars, just never used.

Code: Select all

----STATS----:
Str:
Dex:

Luceed
Kobold

Post by Luceed »

Thank you,

So if i understand well, i can just add a new propertie to Basic called "kind" and assign each token to his kind (NPC/PC/BOSS) then use this variable in macro ?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Not sure what you're trying for, but if you have property named "kind" and you assign it a string that represents what you want to do, then yeah. I wouldn't even focus on the property group named "Basic". You can't really change it. What you can do is assign different variable names to property types. You may have one for PCs, vehicles and stuff like that because they essentially may use different variables.

Luceed
Kobold

Post by Luceed »

Hi again dude,

I managed to do what i wanted to.
So now I have 3 Token type, it was simple but i think i'm stupid....
For these who have the same problem as me.

Campaign settings -> Create new token type with required properties.
In this campaign I have 3:
-Basic for non agressiv NPC (No need to statsheets them):

Physique (Phys):1
Social (Soc):1
Mental (Men):1
#Initative (Init):1
#HP:1
#Psy:1
-Monsters for aggresiv NPC:

*#Physique (Phys)
*#Social (Soc)
*#Mental (Men)
*#Initative (Init)
*#HP
*#Psy
-PC:

Physique (Phys)
Social (Soc)
Mental (Men)
*#Initative (Init)
*HP
*Psy
When you have saved your new token type and properties you can change token type by:
Edit token -> Config -> Properties -> select the required token type.

My mistake was that I was trying to change the token type in Edit token -> properties...

Now I have want I wanted: Players can only see statsheet of PCs and GM can see stasheets for all token moreovere with some properties hidden to Players. (for exemple a GM can see initiative on all token but a Player can see his own initiative...).
By the way one point is realy troubling using player view: it isnt really a player view (for exemple if you go player view and try to see the statsheet of a token maptool will show you the GM view... In order to test your statsheet you need start a local server as a GM and launch another MT session as a player, join your local server and now in the second session you have the real "playerview" on statsheets

Sorry for my terrible english :oops:

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

If you want to separate who can see what, then that is what the *@ is for before the variable name. Only the owner of the token can see those properties.

If you want to get fancy, you can put in some code:

*sheet.physicque (Phys):[r, if(isPC(),Physique,if(isFriendly,Physique,""))]
Physique
Social (Soc)
Mental (Men)
*#Initative (Init)
*#HP
*#Psy
isFriendly:0
I kind of use this with my statsheet where I put things visible to anyone for statsheet with a prefix of "sheet." to keep the variables separate. Here's a snippet of one of the token types I use:

sheet.currentXp:0
*sheet.monsterXp (XP Award):[R, if(isNPC()): am.getMonsterXp(eval( "" + getStrProp(getProperty("Levels"),"ECL")));""]
*sheet.distance (Distance):[r: distanceStatSheet(currentToken())]
*Public_Note
*@sheet.creature (Creature):[r: strformat("%{CreatureType} (%{LevelsInfo})")]
*@Languages:[R: json.get(getProperty("Race"), "notes")]
*@sheet.hpstatus (Hit Points):[r: strformat("%s/%s%s",HP+HPtemp-HPNonLethalDMG,HPmax+HPtemp,if(HPtemp || HPNonLethalDMG || Burn," ("+HP+"/+"+HPtemp+"/-"+HPNonLethalDMG+")" +if(Burn,"Burn "+Burn,""),""))]
*@sheet.lethalhp (Lethal HP):[r: if(LethalHP < LethalMaxHP,strformat("%{LethalHP}/%{LethalMaxHP}"),"")]
*Visible_Gear (Visible Gear):[r: ""]
*sheet.moveReach (Tactical):[r: strformat("Move:%{Movement} Reach:%{Reach} Elev:%{Elevation}")]
*@MoveRemain
*AC (AC/TH/FF [AR] (CMD/FF))
*@sheet.specialA (Attacks):[r, if(SpecialATK == "NA" || SpecialATK == ""): ""; substring(SpecialATK,0,min(length(SpecialATK),50))]
*@sheet.specialA2 (A -):[r, if(SpecialATK == "NA" || SpecialATK == "" || length(SpecialATK) <= 50): ""; substring(SpecialATK,50,min(length(SpecialATK),100))]
*@sheet.specialA3 (A --):[r, if(SpecialATK == "NA" || SpecialATK == "" || length(SpecialATK) <= 100): ""; substring(SpecialATK,100,min(length(SpecialATK),150))]
*@sheet.specialD (Defenses):[r, if(SpecialQual == "NA" || SpecialQual == ""):""; substring(SpecialQual,0,min(length(SpecialQual),50))]
*@sheet.specialD2 (D -):[r, if(SpecialQual == "NA" || SpecialQual == "" || length(SpecialQual) <= 50):""; substring(SpecialQual,50,min(length(SpecialQual),100))]
*@sheet.specialD3 (D --):[r, if(SpecialQual == "NA" || SpecialQual == "" || length(SpecialQual) <= 100):""; substring(SpecialQual,100,min(length(SpecialQual),150))]
*@spellResistance (SR)
*@DR
*@sheet.physical (Body):[R: strformat("Str:%s(%+d) Dex:%s(%+d) Con:%s(%+d)",Strength+StrMod,StrB,Dexterity+DexMod,DexB,Constitution+ConMod,ConB)]
*@sheet.mental (Mind):[R: strformat("Int:%s(%+d) Wis:%s(%+d) Chr:%s(%+d)",Intelligence+IntMod,IntB,Wisdom+WisMod,WisB,Charisma+ChaMod,ChaB)]
*@AllSaves (Saves):[R: strformat("Fort:%+d Ref:%+d Will:%+d",Fort+ConB+FortBonus,Reflex+DexB+ReflexBonus,Will+WisB+WillBonus)]
*@SaveMisc
The actual variables used follow
This was using the PF/3.5 framework created by Lindsay so there are some variables I didn't add the prefix to in order to muck things up.

Luceed
Kobold

Post by Luceed »

I see, but i dont need such a developped system, because, we dont play D&D classic rules.
We are in an heroic fantasy worlds inspired by D&D and others lores, but we play with a simple system of D100 rules with 3 stats for all throws (Phys / Social / Mind - easier because we have some newbies in rpg and it's my first try as Gm ;) ).
A hero start with 170% - 65%Phys/40%Soc/65%Min for exemple.
Dices throws are influenced by comps: perception 10% (mental + perception, in our exemple the player would roll 1d100 with 75% to success in a try to find an embush), chance to hit with long sword +10% (Phys + comp) ect...
Damages and damage reduction are calculated separately, like 1d6+2 for damage, and 1 damage reduction = 1 armor class.

But i'm keeping that in mind for a more sophisticated system when my players and I will be more familliar with RPG

Another one question, how can I select a picture in my library (macro generating a window) then show it show to players in a window ?

I dont know if i'm clear so i detail the process:
Click on macro -> Window pop (only for GM view) and ask to select a JPG in library -> confirm -> close the window -> show the selected JPG to Player and GM in a window.

Return to “MapTool”