Maptool doesn't start after Windows creator update

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Vleydan
Kobold

Maptool doesn't start after Windows creator update

Post by Vleydan »

Hello everyone!
As specified in the subject, I have this relatively new installation of windows and maptool was one of the first software I added.
It was working almost without problems (here and there I had some fx glitch... but whatever, guess it was because of the memory), but after the creator update I was totally unable to launch it.
The maptool or even the launcher.
If this is not enough.. I have the same problem with the installer of the nerp infused edition. It doesn't start, I just see e long log that complain about a bunch of things...
I attacch the log and write here what it seems more significant to me

# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_121-b13) (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.121-b13 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [d3d9.dll+0xfd0c]

Does anybody know if there is a solution?

Thank you!
Attachments
hs_err_pid1108.log
(18.95 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Maptool doesn't start after Windows creator update

Post by aliasmask »

I recommend uninstalling the basic java SE, restart computer (this is important) and then install the 64bit version of java SE. Can't be done with auto install.

Vleydan
Kobold

Post by Vleydan »

aliasmask wrote:I recommend uninstalling the basic java SE, restart computer (this is important) and then install the 64bit version of java SE. Can't be done with auto install.
Thank you, I'll try right now :)
cheers

Vleydan
Kobold

Post by Vleydan »

Well, still not solved but I've found this
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178537
Exactly my problem, also my specs and software.

Vleydan
Kobold

Post by Vleydan »

Ok, allright, we can close the thread, removing the riva tuner software solved the problem,

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

I would do as Alias recommends and uninstall, restart, and re-install the latest 64 Bit Java: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Select Windows Offline 64-Bit.
Vleydan wrote: It was working almost without problems (here and there I had some fx glitch...
This tells me that something is not quite right with your video driver install.

Please install your latest video drivers.
# C [d3d9.dll+0xfd0c]
That's a Direct 3d error. If you still have an issue after installing your latest video drivers try using the D3D web installer here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... g=en&id=35
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Vleydan
Kobold

Post by Vleydan »

Full Bleed wrote:I would do as Alias recommends and uninstall, restart, and re-install the latest 64 Bit Java: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Select Windows Offline 64-Bit.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... g=en&id=35
Thank you, dear friend, I searched around in the forum and tried already all these procedures (except updating the driver, I always keep my driver updated) without any results... but it was really a problem tied to the riva tuner statistics, unistalling it fixed everything.
Though, since I prefer to keep it installed, I tried also to install the beta version (7) and it worked without problem.

I still have the glitch problem, but I guess I'll just use my one of my others pc to work with maptool!

Vleydan
Kobold

Post by Vleydan »

As a note, I was able to solve the graphic problem using the solution suggested in the other thread, adding
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
in the prompt to launch maptool

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Vleydan wrote:As a note, I was able to solve the graphic problem using the solution suggested in the other thread, adding
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
I think there is a checkbox in the MapTool launcher that does the same thing. It's under troubleshoot: Disable the Direct3D Pipeline

Vleydan
Kobold

Post by Vleydan »

aliasmask wrote:
Vleydan wrote:As a note, I was able to solve the graphic problem using the solution suggested in the other thread, adding
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
I think there is a checkbox in the MapTool launcher that does the same thing. It's under troubleshoot: Disable the Direct3D Pipeline
Yes Sir, you're right, thanks again, it's a pleasure to be part of this community.
I hope I'll be able to give something back, soon or later.

Return to “MapTool”