Very slow loading new campaigns

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
jutis
Kobold

Very slow loading new campaigns

Post by jutis »

Hi

Have this problem that when I start MapTools (Running on linux using OracleJava, MT version 1.4.0.5) it goes withput a problem, but as son as a load some of my save campaigns, it takes like up to 5-10 minutes. And that is a campaign that has no maps except the base one (with just texture background)

I have tried enabling logging but get no information what so ever about the problem (basically get no info at all)
This has worked without problem until just recently, I have not done any updates on the computer, I tried after seeing the problems a couple of times to update all the Ubuntu packets installed but the same issue occurs.
So is there some way to find out the problem.

As a side note I run Bag of Thicks and the GURPS Framework. I first thought it had something to do with the GURPS Framework since if I open up the supplied GURPS framework campaign it goes really slow, but if I open up the BoT default campaign it does not.
So I'm not really sure if I should post this under the GURPS Framework topic or here (new to this and tried to read the relevant FAQ)

regards
/jutis

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Very slow loading new campaigns

Post by Full Bleed »

I don't know much about Linux, but have you run diagnostics on the hard drive that the saved campaigns are saved on?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool”