RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:49 am 

Forum rules

PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Kobold

Post subject: Very slow loading new campaigns
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:33 am 
Hi

Have this problem that when I start MapTools (Running on linux using OracleJava, MT version 1.4.0.5) it goes withput a problem, but as son as a load some of my save campaigns, it takes like up to 5-10 minutes. And that is a campaign that has no maps except the base one (with just texture background)

I have tried enabling logging but get no information what so ever about the problem (basically get no info at all)
This has worked without problem until just recently, I have not done any updates on the computer, I tried after seeing the problems a couple of times to update all the Ubuntu packets installed but the same issue occurs.
So is there some way to find out the problem.

As a side note I run Bag of Thicks and the GURPS Framework. I first thought it had something to do with the GURPS Framework since if I open up the supplied GURPS framework campaign it goes really slow, but if I open up the BoT default campaign it does not.
So I'm not really sure if I should post this under the GURPS Framework topic or here (new to this and tried to read the relevant FAQ)

regards
/jutis

User avatar  Offline
Demigod

Post subject: Re: Very slow loading new campaigns
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:41 pm 
I don't know much about Linux, but have you run diagnostics on the hard drive that the saved campaigns are saved on?

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]