change token layout image

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

change token layout image

Post by Holladerwaldelf »

I am trying to change the layout image of a token in the editToken/config menu. It works fine with most of the pics from the default resource library. But when I try to change to a "top down" looking image I get a big red cross and cannot see the image.
There is probably a very easy solution but I cannot seem to find it at the moment...

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: change token layout image

Post by aliasmask »

How exactly do you add the image to the layout. Do you click the green plus, browse through your images and select one then click Okay?

Make sure the image you're selecting is not in a zip folder. It could be a corrupted cached image, so you can try clearing the cache by double clicking on the bottom right where the green bar is. The image can be too big for your memory settings. To clear a badly cached image you can go to .maptool/assetcache and remove all the images. I would do this with MT not on. If you have a ton of file in your assetcache I recommend just deleting them in smaller groups. Lastly, try to reinstall MapTool preferably to the latest version or even better the dev version under announcements.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Holladerwaldelf wrote:It works fine with most of the pics from the default resource library. But when I try to change to a "top down" looking image I get a big red cross and cannot see the image.
Can you share the image?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

Thanks for the help.
It took me a while to find the folder where maptool stores the default resource library :-) But then I found out that the images that caused problems were actually rptok zip files...

Now I have another question: How do I extract the image-files (I guess they should be png-files?) from the rptok files? There seem to be files that could be images in the assets subfolder but what file type are they? GIMP cannot read them.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can change the extension of the rptok to zip and drag the image asset out and rename it. It'll either be png or jpg.

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

You can change the extension of the rptok to zip and drag the image asset out and rename it. It'll either be png or jpg.
Somehow this does not seem to work. My zip program shows two files as file type: "File". When I extract all files I have the same problem. Gimp cannot read the files.
But when I drag the rptok file into maptools I get a nice token with two images, one as "layout", one as "portrait".
Hero.rptok
(85.39 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I this was saved with an old format which is causing the problem. But if you resave the token it will allow you to extract it using the above method. The first time it didn't show the extensions but after loading the token and then saving, then it will show the extensions and have 2 extra links to the assets in the zip folder.
Attachments
image1.png
image1.png (48.74 KiB) Viewed 1753 times

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

Thanks a lot! Now it works.

Templar
Cave Troll

Post by Templar »

Hi,
I seem to have a similar problem.
I want to change the "Layout" image of a token but the Layout Box in the Config tab does not seem to provide that option.
The Portrait and Handout boxes both have the greed +. The Layout box does not.

If this is not doable then is there an easy way to transfer all data from one token to another?
Templar

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

If you want to change the layout/token image, there is a green plus on image at top. Clicking that will allow you to change image.

Templar
Cave Troll

Post by Templar »

Ha,
Now I see. I was looking at the wrong boxes.
Thanks for that.
Templar

Return to “MapTool”