Maptool 1.3.b89 shutting down problem

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Lozry
Kobold

Maptool 1.3.b89 shutting down problem

Post by Lozry »

Hello,

I am using maptool 1.3.b89 with windows 7. It works fine when I start maptool and connect to a server, however, maptool shuts down as soon as anybody writes something in the chat. The same thing happens to me when I am hosting a server.

I am using Java version 8 Update 131, I suspect that the problem have something to do with my Java.

I have tried deleting the Trace and log files, the cached spplications and applets, and the installed applications and applets in my Java control panel.

I have been using the exact same version of maptool, operating system and Java for quite some time without any problems. Before it has worked fine, playing both as host and as connected player.

Best regards

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Maptool 1.3.b89 shutting down problem

Post by aliasmask »

It was compatible with earlier versions of java 8, but you had to set it up correctly. Because it uses some window hotlink that is not compatible with MT. You have to directly point it at the javaw.exe file in C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\javaw.exe rather than what the window path specifies. This is assuming you have the 64bit system.

The simplest solution is to just upgrade to the latest dev version under announcements where it has java built in to avoid these situations.

Return to “MapTool”