Corrupted View

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Aryn
Kobold

Corrupted View

Post by Aryn »

How the hell do I stop this from happening? Gibberish and images from just moving my mouse over well. ANYTHING in the window.

https://imgur.com/a/nnJ9p

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Corrupted View

Post by aliasmask »

Which version of MapTool are you using and what are your settings and java version if not using the latest 1.4.1.8 build. The launcher in the latest version has a couple of trouble shooting check boxes you can use dealing with graphic glitches either related to OpenGL, Mac or DirectX.

Aryn
Kobold

Post by Aryn »

1.4.0.5 version

Java is completely up to date. I'll give 1.4.1.8 a try then, thought that was a beta build?

Also I jacked up the memory amounts from their default levels to avoid connection drops in the launcher.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I find the best settings to be 2048 max mem and 4 stack leaving min alone. I once did something really memory intensive with a database and jacked up max mem to 4096 and it only helped a little bit (didn't crash as fast).

Aryn
Kobold

Post by Aryn »

I'll try that but I'd really prefer to not have to restart it every so often. That [fraks] up logs and everything. :/
Last edited by aliasmask on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited for content

Return to “MapTool”