Campaign starting position off base

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Templar
Cave Troll

Campaign starting position off base

Post by Templar »

Hi,

Wasn't quite sure where to put this.

I have a campaign I call "DevelopmentCampaign". Its where I develop and test my Macros.
I have a number of tokens on it and, to provide a place to put them I have a pink square image set on the background layer (its the grasslands background).

The problem I have is that this image and tokens are set at location 300, 300 (or about there).
I keep doing save campaign with the tokens filling the screen but when I load the campaign it loads a variable distance away to the bottom right.
the last load was at 1000, 1000 (or about there).

Is there a way to fix this?

Templar
Templar

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Campaign starting position off base

Post by aliasmask »

I believe the load position is saved from that last position on any map between campaign loads. I honestly don't know the workings of how the campaigns load though. Best way to center your position with the least effort is to just have a macro say goto(tokenName) or goto(x,y). Or you can do what I do. I often just add a token to the initiative on that map so I can double click it to send me there. I do that for city maps where positions are spread out.

Templar
Cave Troll

Re: Campaign starting position off base

Post by Templar »

Thanks for that. That works.
Now I don't have to go manually hunting for my work area.

Does seem a bit strange that I would have to go through this process though.
I would have thought it would have loaded in the last saved or close position but it doesn't seem to.

Perhaps there is a setting I have missed.

Templar
Templar

Return to “MapTool”