? howto player tokens always visible to all players 1.4.0.5

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
netjiro
Cave Troll

? howto player tokens always visible to all players 1.4.0.5

Post by netjiro »

Hi. I picked up maptools again after a long hiatus. 1.4.0.5 listed as last stable.

One thing that seems to have changed:
I cannot find a setting where all player's tokens are visible to each other regardless of vision unless I force all player tokens to be owned by "all players". This is annoying since on occasion players accidentally misclick/drag etc. In the old 1.3.xx I used long ago I (mistakenly?) remember that the player tokens were visible to all players if a player deselected all (e.g. click on empty ground). But now a player can only see the tokens he owns if all deselected, and only see other players tokens if one of his tokens can see them.

? Is there a setting I'm missing?
? Is something like this available in newer 1.4.1.xx versions?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: ? howto player tokens always visible to all players 1.4.

Post by Full Bleed »

netjiro wrote:Hi. I picked up maptools again after a long hiatus. 1.4.0.5 listed as last stable.

One thing that seems to have changed:
I cannot find a setting where all player's tokens are visible to each other regardless of vision unless I force all player tokens to be owned by "all players". This is annoying since on occasion players accidentally misclick/drag etc. In the old 1.3.xx I used long ago I (mistakenly?) remember that the player tokens were visible to all players if a player deselected all (e.g. click on empty ground). But now a player can only see the tokens he owns if all deselected, and only see other players tokens if one of his tokens can see them.

? Is there a setting I'm missing?
? Is something like this available in newer 1.4.1.xx versions?
I don't think that has ever been an option when you're using Vision. If you have vision ON, then the tokens are beholden to the rules of VBL, FoW, light, and sight.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I think at one time before individual views you may be correct, but now you can't unless you share ownership. If you turn off individual views you can see the FoW exposed by other players. Also, if you don't own any tokens you can see all the PC tokens with individual views turned off. But once you own a token, that changes.

netjiro
Cave Troll

Post by netjiro »

I run without individual views. That way they all share fog of war and sit around discussing tactics over tea and crumpets.
So, shared ownership it is then. Thanks for clearing it all up :)

Return to “MapTool”