Object VBL on Non-Center Aligned Door

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
tomlib
Giant

Object VBL on Non-Center Aligned Door

Post by tomlib »

I'm having a bit of trouble with the Object VBL on a door when it opens and closes.

I change the alignment of the door in the Token window to be either right aligned or left aligned rather than center aligned so that it will swing on its hinges rather than from its center.

When I put the Object VBL layer on the door it's fine. But when I run the macro to Open the door (rotate it 90 degrees) the Object VBL is no longer on the door but where the door would be if it was aligned center on the tile rather than left or right. When I close the door it lines up again.

Does this make sense? I can include some images of the misaligned VBL if needed.

Tom

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Object VBL on Non-Center Aligned Door

Post by aliasmask »

I found having a door image centered (from center to edge) is the best method. You then make the door large and it rotates around the center on the hinge.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Sounds like there may be an issue with the VBL and offset points? I'll test it locally when I get a chance but screen shots always welcomed. Just make sure to be on the VBL layer so we can see what's going on and take one of the token config as well (the tab with portrait and offset images).
-Jamz

tomlib
Giant

Re: Object VBL on Non-Center Aligned Door - Screen Caps

Post by tomlib »

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Is the door on the token or object layer? Also, did you move the image in the config tab? I can see this being your issue. I made a video on how I do VBL doors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNaWERr ... e=youtu.be

tomlib
Giant

Post by tomlib »

aliasmask wrote:Is the door on the token or object layer? Also, did you move the image in the config tab? I can see this being your issue. I made a video on how I do VBL doors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNaWERr ... e=youtu.be
Actually I watched your video before I tried it myself. They key, that I missed, is the image file itself has the door already centered for the swinging on the hinges. I used a full width door and manually moved it on the Config Tab which causes the issues.

Thanks!

Tom

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

Ideally, the VBL should take into account the layout of the token.

As is, you can't really use VBL on objects with an alternate layout.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Of course you can. Just generate the VBL after you've repositioned the image and it works fine.

Return to “MapTool”