Token Movment Bugs when selected together

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
ZardozSpeakz
Kobold

Token Movment Bugs when selected together

Post by ZardozSpeakz »

Hey, my group is using 1.5.2 for the first time and we had some problems. In previous versions, if I selected 2 or more tokens and moved them, they'd retain their positions relative to each other. For example, if 4 player tokens were in a line, marching down a long hall, I could grab all 4 and move them down the hall and they'd stay in marching order.

Now when I move multiple tokens at the same time, they don't hold position. If I had a 1x4 line of tokens, it won't be that shape when I let go of them in the new position. They'll be spread over a couple lines, diagonal to each other, seemingly randomly deposited near where I intended them to be.

Is anyone else having this problem? It happened to everyone playing in my game, happens online and offline. Any fix?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Token Movment Bugs when selected together

Post by Full Bleed »

I've seen this issue, too. :/

Tested and confirmed.

EDIT:

Some additional information when testing... Drop 4 tokens on a map. Grab them as a group and move them around. You can do this without any issue. Then grab one of the four and change the formation. Then grab all four and start dragging around again. The issue with the formation changing will start to happen. Once it starts happening it keeps happening.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

It has to do with the offset saved when moving with the mouse. If you were to move token with keyboard, it will set offset to 0 for all of them and you can move the group around with the mouse without them jumping around.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

I believe this is fixed for 1.5.3.

ZardozSpeakz
Kobold

Post by ZardozSpeakz »

Ah good to hear about the keyboard workaround!

Is 1.5.3 available for everyone?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Not yet but getting closer.

Return to “MapTool”