Import/Export Map: Experimental Feature?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Full Bleed
Demigod

Import/Export Map: Experimental Feature?

Post by Full Bleed »

So, I want to start making heavy use of this feature and am concerned about the warnings I get when using it.

What, exactly, is so experimental about it? What bugs/errors should I be looking for when using it? Does it have a propensity to break something in particular or does it have a problem importing/exporting something in particular?

I don't want to figure out a month (or more) from now that something serious got wrecked and then have to try and roll back or upgrade some old campaign file.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Phergus
Deity

Re: Import/Export Map: Experimental Feature?

Post by Phergus »

I'm not sure what exactly is the concerns with the feature. I use it all the time and have not noticed any issues. Note that these are typically maps of locations with minimal or no VBL but sometimes they are complicated maps.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

I don't see the feature vanishing any time soon and I use it extensively.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Jagged wrote:I don't see the feature vanishing any time soon and I use it extensively.
I'm not worried about it vanishing... I'm wondering what the concerns were that warranted the warnings it produces.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

I know Azhrei said one of his concerns had to do with FOW, but that was resolved when jfrazierjr did the FOW rewrite.
I am not aware of any issues materialising, so I think you have little to worry about :)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Jagged wrote:I know Azhrei said one of his concerns had to do with FOW, but that was resolved when jfrazierjr did the FOW rewrite.
I am not aware of any issues materialising, so I think you have little to worry about :)
Cool. I'll proceed unabated.

I wouldn't be too concerned with FoW having an issue... that's easy enough to reestablish. I was, however, concerned about something that might lead to campaign file corruption or something that might blow-up in the middle of a game session.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yep, we'll take the warning out in the next release.

Return to “MapTool”