help getting game started

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Killydd
Cave Troll

help getting game started

Post by Killydd »

I know I'm capable of hosting a server, as has been verified at least once. However, none of my players seem able to connect to me. ideas? also, this game happens weekly at 7:00 pm Central Time, so if you want to drop by and help then, drop me a note and I'll get you details.

Killydd
Cave Troll

Post by Killydd »

slight update. One player (the only one on dialup as it turns out) was able to connect to me. The others got either a "connection timed out" or a "cannot find target" or something similar, but I think meaning that the lookup had failed somehow or been blocked in their firewall. Any suggestions?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Which day of the week ?

What message do you get when you click Test Connection on the start server dialog ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

Since the dialup user was able to connect, it very likely could be their firewall. You might try changing the port to something that is likely to be allowed through, like port: 80 or 443 and see if they can connect using that port.
~Giliath

Killydd
Cave Troll

Post by Killydd »

sorry, I guess I forgot to mention that it is on Fridays, 7pm Central.

Test Connection works just fine, tells me that I can be seen just fine.

I'll try fiddling with the port, though I wobn't have an update on that until friday I'm sure.

Return to “MapTool”