Game 5 and Comments

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
stefam
Cave Troll

Game 5 and Comments

Post by stefam »

Hi there,

Just finished Game 5 and things ran super smooth. Only new comment from our group was that:

When using Link Player View, when the GM switches maps, the player view does not automatically switch. Is there something that needs to be done by the GM? Link player view is great for our group using a projector, except for the map switching.

Some older issues cause slight hang-ups.

1) Ray template still not working quite right
2) When dropping tokens, new tokens should have focus (be selected) by default. Dropping a token, then selecting it, then right clicking to select size or status can be a pain. Can also be solved by #3
3) Right clicking on a token should select the token. This is a bit more intuitive and solves problems with having to click twice on each token to change its state or size
4) Hot-Keys to alter selected token state or size would make things quicker too!

Still the best program out there! Keep up the good work!

-Mike
It takes a village to raise a child, but it takes a Viking to raze a village.

giliath
RPTools Founder

Re: Game 5 and Comments

Post by giliath »

stefam wrote: Some older issues cause slight hang-ups.

1) Ray template still not working quite right
2) When dropping tokens, new tokens should have focus (be selected) by default. Dropping a token, then selecting it, then right clicking to select size or status can be a pain. Can also be solved by #3
3) Right clicking on a token should select the token. This is a bit more intuitive and solves problems with having to click twice on each token to change its state or size
4) Hot-Keys to alter selected token state or size would make things quicker too!
Thanks for the feedback.
1) Yeah, we are trying to get this right, we have made some changes to this already in M9.
2) Good idea, I will create a tracker for this.
3) Yep, tracker exists, this should appear in M9 at some point.
4) Good idea... One thing we have to keep in mind though is that token states will eventually be customizable. Will see if we can work something out.
~Giliath

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: Game 5 and Comments

Post by trevor »

stefam wrote:Just finished Game 5 and things ran super smooth. Only new comment from our group was that:
Just so you know, We love that you post how your games go !
stefam wrote:When using Link Player View, when the GM switches maps, the player view does not automatically switch. Is there something that needs to be done by the GM? Link player view is great for our group using a projector, except for the map switching.
There is actually a tracker for this already, and will show up during M9. Since you are actively interested it, I'll put it to the top of my priority list and see if I can get it for you before the end of the weekend.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

rkathey
Giant

Game 2 for us

Post by rkathey »

We had our game 2 today. We use the alpha version and the latest build gave us a slight delay. It wanted a rptools.net server name regardless of whether you were using it or not. We were trying to connect to my server via internet ip. It slowed us down until we put something in the server name.

Other than that it worked great. The chat window doesn't autoscroll (at least on linux) so when a character made a roll I had to keep clicking the down arrow until it showed up. We're using VoIP so that wasn't took bad.

Other than that it worked like a cham.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the RPTrolls are readying another attack of proposed functionality on the developers.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Yeah, the server name issue was introduced in the latest build, totally my bad. It's fixed and waiting for a new build. Was going to wait until there were a couple more trackers closed, but I"ll go ahead and get it up to alpha.

The chat panel is going to be completely replaced over the next week :)

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

trevor wrote:The chat panel is going to be completely replaced over the next week :)
Cool! Could you post a brief summary of the type of changes or is it going to be a suprise? ;)
Game On!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Basically pull the chat panel into it's own panel. The panel will take up the bottom part of the window, but will be autocollapsible. That is, I envision a chat icon that sits in the bottom left of the map window and when new chats arrive it will flash a couple times, hovering over the icon pops up the chat window. You can then decide to pin it open. It will be a full fledged text window, so you can do lots of stuff with it (including rendering html).

That's kinda the idea. Comments are welcome.

Fobbo
Giant

Post by Fobbo »

The new chat window sounds like a good start. Once the chat window is complete will you then work on getting dicetool to either talk with it or incorprate a dicetool like functions into the chat in Maptool?

trevor

Post by trevor »

Yes, but probably not until post 1.0

Return to “MapTool”