What features of MapTool do you find most useful/convenient?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
giliath
RPTools Founder

What features of MapTool do you find most useful/convenient?

Post by giliath »

Trevor asked this as a sub-post, but I thought it would be a good topic for more general discussion.
~Giliath

Fobbo
Giant

Post by Fobbo »

To be honest All of them.

I think going foward it will the be the radius template.
I have not used the Fog of War yet but my new game I will be using that option.

Killydd
Cave Troll

Post by Killydd »

the fog of war and measurement are very useful. Using pre-drawn maps is very nice, although the size is an issue for my dial-up player. The templates have promise, but still need to go a little ways to reach their potential.

Hm, do you think you could label them when you change them to movable objects(tell the difference between various spell effects at a glance?) A little thought says that probably labeling in the same color/thickness as the border of the templates should be fairly easy and intuitive to read. On the other hand, maybe it should be more like the token labels where you can hide it if its getting in the way.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Hmmm, interesting idea about labeling the templates.

On a side note, we have a plan to make pre-downloading resources workable. That is, you can create a little zip bundle of the images you are planning on using, then have them download it before game play starts.

Another thought we've had is to send a small version of the image first, then download the full version in the background.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

rkathey
Giant

Post by rkathey »

The featrure that brought me to this tool was the sharing of maps with friends on the internet. Everything else is gravy. :-)
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the RPTrolls are readying another attack of proposed functionality on the developers.

Return to “MapTool”