Update on build 91

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Update on build 91

Post by trevor »

We've decided to change the alias paramter syntax to match the more standard sh style.

That is, instead of

/alias hi hi {1}

it will be:

/alias hi $1

It also supports

/alias hi ${1}

in case you need to put the variable name directly next to other characters

Also, we're trying to finalize the syntax for inline callout handling (dicerolling as an example). We should have that finalized Wed and implemented by Thursday.

Hold your hats, it's gonna be good !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

rkathey
Giant

Post by rkathey »

I had a thought on users 'faking' rolls. Could you disable one of the tags (either bold or italics or something) for display on the screen and use that for dice rolls?

Another solution might be to check for a regular expression that looks like a dice roll and display a warning that a player may be cheating. Seems like java handles regex stuff. In this case you might check for \([0-9]*d[0-9]+.*\)=>[0-9] (or something like that. you'd have to play with it a bit)

then display
<b>>>>>>FAKE ROLL by [fill in the offender]<<<<<<<</b>

A sneakier method would be to display that only to the DM. :-)

An ever sneakier method would be to reroll it. :lol:
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the RPTrolls are readying another attack of proposed functionality on the developers.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Heh, that would be fun for the GM to get a big flashy notification.

Here are two other options we're thinking about:

- Put a System Message icon of some sort to the left of all system messages, which specifically includes die rolling. The trouble with this one is that it doesn't account for inline rolling. I kinda like the idea of being able to quickly identify system (non speech) messages.

- Allow the GM to view the source of the command. That is, be able to see exactly what was typed in the command field. This is closer to what you were getting at. It would let any suspicious activity be verified by looking at the source. This method wouldn't intrude in the UI, which would be good.

Place your votes !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

rkathey
Giant

Post by rkathey »

A small icon of a d20 or d6 next to anything that had a die roll or other fuction would be kinda classy. Using alternate text on the icon image to display the source line with a mouse over would be cool. Maybe allow a click on the image to display the source line somewhere (either chat tool or seperate window).

My 2 cents (am I up to a buck yet?)
rAk
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the RPTrolls are readying another attack of proposed functionality on the developers.

Duo
Kobold

Post by Duo »

Indeed. Being able to mouse over text and have it display the command used would be optimal.

Of course, just a small gif of a d6 infront of that line of text would be sufficient (before their name.)

I can't think of any other ways to cheat, but I havn't played a game with it yet.
Observe as I use an overly obtrusive vocabulary in many extraneous ways in an attempt to sound smart!

Return to “MapTool”