ALpha Build 91 Notes

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

ALpha Build 91 Notes

Post by trevor »

Here it is, getting closer to 1.0.

As a super huge bonus, Jay got an itch and implemented the visibility in the form of "light ...". You can now select a token and right-click Light ... and set a light source token state property. This light source will travel with the token automatically. It is currently only visible when the token is selected, if there's enough interest we can put in a flag whether to always show light, or only when selected (cast your votes)

You can also now edit or delete labels that are on the map.

Build 91
* Change alias parameters to use $1, $2, ... format
* Support saving command history
* Right click now selects the token before popping up menu
* Using group selection (blue bounding box) selects all stacked tokens
* Token light sources
* Text Tool improvements: Edit, delete
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

The light tool is cool and works well for range and sight determination. I did notice that the only way to turn it off is by using the clear state command. I also noticed that if you have multiple "states" occuring, you need to "clear state" multiple times for each one. This may be intentional, but seems tedious... perhaps clear state is for clearing all states, and by "clicking" on a state it will undo it. This way you could clear only the chosen state.

Now to tie it to token facing... you realize when you introduce one excellent feature it creates a whole new set of possibilities... :)
Game On!

rkathey
Giant

Post by rkathey »

I can't seem to load my old campaign file.
Error in com.cauncho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException: unknown code:

Is the error something simple or am I going to have to recreate my dungeon before tomorrow's game? (its small so not problem if I need to redo)

Also, the light function is an offhanded way of setting the facing as well. :-)
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the RPTrolls are readying another attack of proposed functionality on the developers.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Emryys wrote:I did notice that the only way to turn it off is by using the clear state command.

Tracker added
Emryys wrote:I also noticed that if you have multiple "states" occuring, you need to "clear state" multiple times for each one.
This is a bug. I've added a tracker
Emryys wrote:Now to tie it to token facing... you realize when you introduce one excellent feature it creates a whole new set of possibilities... :)
Heh. Jay put in the framework to make adding properties to tokens pretty easy. I'm sure you'll see facing and reach show up in the not too distant future :)

trevor

Post by trevor »

rkathey wrote:I can't seem to load my old campaign file.
Error in com.cauncho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException: unknown code:

Is the error something simple or am I going to have to recreate my dungeon before tomorrow's game? (its small so not problem if I need to redo)

Also, the light function is an offhanded way of setting the facing as well. :-)
Hmmm, that makes sense when I think about it. The underlying data structure that holds the properties has changed, which would make the object loader choke.

It should only effect the tokens, so you could load the campaign in the beta version, remove the tokens, load it up in the new, and replace the tokens.

All in the name in development :)

francogp
Cave Troll

Post by francogp »

I cant Copy/Paste tokens... the program freeze and the screen become white.

trevor

Post by trevor »

francogp wrote:I cant Copy/Paste tokens... the program freeze and the screen become white.
Whoah, that sucks, let me check

francogp
Cave Troll

Post by francogp »

I canot see the light "color" in very dark maps

trevor

Post by trevor »

trevor wrote:
francogp wrote:I cant Copy/Paste tokens... the program freeze and the screen become white.
Whoah, that sucks, let me check
Yikes, that's terrible. Expect a patch release some time after lunch

francogp
Cave Troll

Post by francogp »

francogp wrote:I canot see the light "color" in very dark or very bright maps
Tha light should have a visible border line separating the shadows light and the light itself with the map. Or maybe a bright/contrast pannel control to the light?

May be you should add a button to show/hide the lights, because sometimes it cover the background and conceal the details. For example in closed combats its not necesary to show a 120 feet circle of light.

trevor

Post by trevor »

francogp wrote:I canot see the light "color" in very dark or very bright maps
Tha light should have a visible border line separating the shadows light and the light itself with the map. Or maybe a bright/contrast pannel control to the light?[/quote]

Agreed. I'll add a tracker.
francogp wrote:May be you should add a button to show/hide the lights, because sometimes it cover the background and conceal the details. For example in closed combats its not necesary to show a 120 feet circle of light.
Agreed, I've actually already added a tracker for this :) Great minds and all that !

Return to “MapTool”