Floating menus

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
sinbazo
Kobold

Floating menus

Post by sinbazo »

Hey, LOVE the potential this the MT has I run my games face to face with my laptop and a projector. using the projector as an extended monitor, It would be great if i if the menus could free float from the screen the way they do in photoshop, then I could project the fullscreen of the Map and keep all my menus on the lap top
OR even better have a Gm view on my laptop and be able to project the fullscreen player view

thanks
www.tommysinbazo.com

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Floating menus

Post by Azhrei »

sinbazo wrote:[...] OR even better have a Gm view on my laptop and be able to project the fullscreen player view

thanks
http://www.tommysinbazo.com
Um, you can. Run MT twice. Once as the server on your main screen, and again as the client on your external monitor. Then put the client into "full screen" mode (I think it's on the view menu).

Keep playing around. And check out the video tutorials in the MapTool forum (where I moved this post) if you get a chance.

sinbazo
Kobold

Post by sinbazo »

Thanks, will have have to have internet access to run one as a server and the other as a client? the guys house we play at has no internet (i think he's Amish)

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

sinbazo wrote:Thanks, will have have to have internet access to run one as a server and the other as a client? the guys house we play at has no internet (i think he's Amish)
Er, no.

You just run the short cut twice. (Make sure instead of running from the web you actually download it.) Then one of the instances will become the server, the other the client. Do this by going to file>start server (or whatever). Then in the other instance, go to file>connect to server. It should show up under LAN servers automagically with whatever name you've given it (it being on the same machine and all that jazz).

Good luck. You should try it before game day.
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

When you start the server, don't fill in an "Alias" on the RPTools tab or it will try to contact the web server to register your game there. With no Internet access, you'll have a long delay before it times out. And you can turn off the UPnP checkbox, too.

Return to “MapTool”