Alpha Build 92 Notes

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Alpha Build 92 Notes

Post by trevor »

This is a patch release to fix the copy/paste token bug introduced in build 91.

Please see Build 91 notes to see more interesting new features !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

francogp
Cave Troll

Post by francogp »

i dont know if this was discussed before, but the "Ligth/vision" circle/spot should not disapear when i "drag" the map, because actualy i have to select the token again to see the light when i drag the map somewhere.

trevor

Post by trevor »

It sounds like what you would prefer is to have the map movement not deselect tokens which I agree with. I'll make the tweak for Build 93

rkathey
Giant

Post by rkathey »

We had our game today and found a bug (maybe 2)

When players display then turn off the grid, they lose visibility to their tokens (under strict management). We were unable to make the tokens visible again.

I think this is the same issue but tokens I added with 'new tokens invisible' could not be made visible to the players. I did a whole drag off the map and readded the tokens after turning off the new token visibilty flag.

Everyone had connection issues getting started this morning. We all eventually connected so I'm assuming the problem was on the player's end. I think I'm going to try registering the server with rptools next time to see if that works better.

On the up side, I discovered 2 things.

1) you can add Fog with a right mouse click in the same manner you take it away. I assume this was always there but I just found it.

2) With the rename token function I can keep track of hitpoints by making it part of the name. When a creature takes a hit, I rename it again to adjust the hit points. I decided to go ahead and add AC, To Hit Bonus, and Damage as part of the name. It kept me from having to look it up.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the RPTrolls are readying another attack of proposed functionality on the developers.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

Smart!! :D This is a good way to do this, but I still think that there should be a pop-up text box for these things...
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

rkathey
Giant

Post by rkathey »

brisingre wrote:Smart!! :D This is a good way to do this, but I still think that there should be a pop-up text box for these things...
I agree but its a work around for now.

I'll go back and rename my monster token files with all that stuff. I suppose we could do it for the character tokens as well.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the RPTrolls are readying another attack of proposed functionality on the developers.

trevor

Post by trevor »

rkathey wrote:When players display then turn off the grid, they lose visibility to their tokens (under strict management). We were unable to make the tokens visible again.

I think this is the same issue but tokens I added with 'new tokens invisible' could not be made visible to the players. I did a whole drag off the map and readded the tokens after turning off the new token visibilty flag.
Bummer, I'll take a look and see what I can find. Does it happen all the time or just sometimes ?
rkathey wrote:Everyone had connection issues getting started this morning. We all eventually connected so I'm assuming the problem was on the player's end. I think I'm going to try registering the server with rptools next time to see if that works better.
Let me know how it goes :)
rkathey wrote:1) you can add Fog with a right mouse click in the same manner you take it away. I assume this was always there but I just found it.
Yeah, that's been there. Seems we need to do a better job at getting the usage out to the people
rkathey wrote:2) With the rename token function I can keep track of hitpoints by making it part of the name. When a creature takes a hit, I rename it again to adjust the hit points. I decided to go ahead and add AC, To Hit Bonus, and Damage as part of the name. It kept me from having to look it up.
Nice workaround, and it keeps it on the screen at the same time. On a side note, the change that went in that broke the saved campaign files will let us put arbitrary properties on tokens, so now just have to put a UI together :)

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

Seems we need to do a better job at getting the usage out to the people
A manual needs to be done... but the App changes so quickly... :(
Game On!

trevor

Post by trevor »

On a positive note, the features should be settling down as we move to 1.0, and we have our documentation guy cranking away at updates :)

We're also setting up a wiki so that we can keep it up to date easier.

rkathey
Giant

Post by rkathey »

The problem with the visibility seemed consistant. I didn't have the issue since I could see everything as the DM so it only seems to be an issue on the client side.

Update; Apparently right mouse click-> snap to grid also causes the visibility issue.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Yup, I can see it now. Weird, no exception in the log. I'll get it fixed and a new build soon.

trevor

Post by trevor »

K, found the issue with the snap to grid: I had recently reordered the code in the right click menu to make it more legible, and had mislabeled a variable.

That one is fixed, but I can't reproduce the one with the grid, could you give me specific steps ?

Once that gets resolved I'll do another patch release

rkathey
Giant

Post by rkathey »

ok, the grid on/off was not a problem. Sorry for the miscommunication.

There still is a problem with tokens I added to the map prior to the players connecting. I cannot make them visible to the players.

trevor

Post by trevor »

I'm assuming you are using the drop as invisible flag ? If that's the case and you are finding the 'visible' menu item not working, my fix will fix that

I'll do a patch build this evening

rkathey
Giant

Post by rkathey »

Yes, I dropped them in invisible and was unable to make them visible to the players.

Thanks.

Return to “MapTool”