Strict Token Management and Stacking

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
rkathey
Giant

Strict Token Management and Stacking

Post by rkathey »

We used strict management this weekend. If the players moved their token onto a token that wasn't owned by them, they could not 'arrange' and move the token on top. This had the effect of losing their token. I had to push the top token to the bottom so they could select their token.

The work around was to do a group select and move the token out from under the top token.

I'm not sure what the answer is other than to allow anyone to 'arrange' any token. Another option might be to allow the right click on token with the stack indicator to bring up a list of tokens. The user would then select the token they wanted to 'bring to top'. You could then ditch the arrange option on the menu.

Yet another 2 cents
rAk
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the RPTrolls are readying another attack of proposed functionality on the developers.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: Strict Token Management and Stacking

Post by trevor »

rkathey wrote:Another option might be to allow the right click on token with the stack indicator to bring up a list of tokens. The user would then select the token they wanted to 'bring to top'.
In fact there's a tracker to address this exact thing. We've run into and been annoyed with the same thing. Perhaps I should put that it for 1.0. Let me see if I can come up with a quick and simple implementation.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

Here's the tracker since it isn't obvious:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=724899

I've moved it to M9 (tentatively), let me think about it and see if I can do something about it.

Killydd
Cave Troll

Post by Killydd »

You might also let people access the menu with states and the "bring to front" option in the list over at the left with all the tokens in it.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Killydd wrote:You might also let people access the menu with states and the "bring to front" option in the list over at the left with all the tokens in it.
We're on the same page. In fact I want to pull out the entire menu code into its own section so I can simply reuse the same exact code.

Return to “MapTool”