Feature Requests: Mass change Property

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
dorpond
RPTools Team

Feature Requests: Mass change Property

Post by dorpond »

I really love this new ability to select a bunch of thing in the token list and change stuff! Great idea!

Think you could expand this to other things in the right click menu?

What I would like to use:
1. Visible / not visible: When I have a screen full of 200 zombies where some are visible and some ar not visible, it would be great to just select them all and make them visible or not in one full swoop regardless if some are visible or not in the selection. Currently I have done this by drawing a box around them but from what I find, if some are visible and some are not (mixed selection), they won't listen but if they are all the same, like all not visible, it will listen when I make them visible. It would be great to do this function on the token list also.

2. It would be great to be able to select a bunch of items in the token list and change the properties of them all in one full swoop. Any of the abilities in the properties should be changable when used this way. I have a case where that older campaign file needs to be fixed and all the stamps turned back to Tokens and Circle so I wanted to select them as a bunch and turn the Circle setting to Top Down but couldn't. So not the only way I see getting around this is having to open the properties of 200+ images one at a time and changing them to Top Down. I'll do it, but it would be nice to them them all at once.

Just some ideas I want to get on paper before they are forgotten.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

I think the phrase you are looking for is "fell swoop".

Shakespeare either coined the phrase, or gave it circulation, in Macbeth:

MACDUFF: [on hearing that his family and servants have all been killed]

All my pretty ones?
Did you say all? O hell-kite! All?
What, all my pretty chickens and their dam
At one fell swoop?

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/50500.html

In regards to the Token List you can set properties like Visible/Not Visible from there. Either singly or in groups.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Phergus wrote:I think the phrase you are looking for is "fell swoop".

Shakespeare either coined the phrase, or gave it circulation, in Macbeth:

MACDUFF: [on hearing that his family and servants have all been killed]

All my pretty ones?
Did you say all? O hell-kite! All?
What, all my pretty chickens and their dam
At one fell swoop?

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/50500.html

In regards to the Token List you can set properties like Visible/Not Visible from there. Either singly or in groups.
Thanks Phergus! I'll have to remember that when I write my book! Full Swoop would make the reader say "huh?" now, wouldn't it? Did your parents ever say something your whole life that was totally incorrect and you find that you say it that way still? This is classic case. My Dad always used to say "that is a good ideal" and still does. It took my wife to train me to say "idea" when we first met. :)

As far as the Visible/Not visible, I might not have been clear with that request. When there is a group of tokens where some are visible and some are not, when selecting them and telling them to be visible or not doesn't function. Only if the tokens selected are set the same setting does it work.

For example, let us say you have 10 zombies that are visible and 10 that are not - you selected all 20 and say you want them Not Visible. It wont work. But if I grabbed the 10 visible ones and made them not visible, they would all change as they should.

Now the reason I mention this is because in my campaign, there are zombies all over the place. Some are visible because you have line of sight, some are not because they are behind buildings to your line of sight. It is hard to tell when looking at 200 tokens which are visible and which are not so it would be nice in a state of concern, that the GM might want to select them all, make them all not visible and then reveal them as the party moves on. In my case, it would be really hard knowing what is visible or not at a quick glance.

Which brings up to the already talked about topic of having some way of knowing in the token list who is visible or not visible to the players. But that is another topic. :)

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Let me clear up this too while I am at it:

While I CAN select a whole list of tokens in the list and I CAN go to the properties of them as a whole, it doesn't work when I try to change the whole batch from Square to Top Down.

So my guess is that Trevor added the select all ability but he just didn't get to the other options yet.

Hopefully this clears up what I am saying. :)

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Hey Trevor,

I just pulled up my Tower Tavern campaign. Guess what? Every single chair, table, door, mug and everything else has facing arrows (because of backwards campatibility with older campaigns)..

I know I asked this already but can you make it so that we can select all the items in the list and change the properties from Square/Round and make them Top Down in one fell swoop? :D

I really don't have the time to change each object by going into the properties one at a time. I am hoping to use this Tower Tavern campaign next week. I'd rather spend my time making cool stuff for the community anyway. :)

Any chance? It is cool if you say no chance in hell.

Return to “MapTool”