Issue: Mini Map and Pasting Layers

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
dorpond
RPTools Team

Issue: Mini Map and Pasting Layers

Post by dorpond »

Couple things Trevor:

1. When I load more than one of those skinny maps that I am making for the docks, they do not show up in the minimap and I cannot change them by clicking down there.

This Example actually had 6 maps loaded - only one shows:

2. When I lay down the dock pieces and lay them down in the water, I overlap them so that the shadows meet up. I then draw a box around the whole dock, copy and paste it to create another dock. The problem is that the dock that was copied doesn't copy the layer order they were orginally set as so now the shadows are not correct. To fix this, I have to front to back the peices that I just pasted to make them look right.

Dock on the left if the good one that I copied. The dock on the right is the pasted version. As you can see, it didn't remember the layers they were in.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

1) whoah, that's interesting, I'll take a look
2) When you say layer, do you mean the rendering order ? That is, you can move to front/back to reorder them ? I can think of why that would be the case. I'll write a tracker for it
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Correct,

I can 'back to front' them in proper order to fix it. So yeah, I guess it is the rendering order we are talking about.
(I am just so used to talking layers in Photoshop)

Return to “MapTool”