Request: Default Stamp Settings

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
dorpond
RPTools Team

Request: Default Stamp Settings

Post by dorpond »

1. Stamps and Backgrounds should be Top Down because for the most part, we need to rotate them. Just about every stamp or background I drop, it is defaulted to square and when I go to rotate them, I get arrows.

2. When dropping Stamps or Backgrounds, the default should be free size. This changed when you fixed the snap default for some reason. Was it intentional?

Just things that come to mind as I make campaigns for the community.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

1) Agreed. It does that for new tokens (tell me if this isn't the case), but I imagine changing the type from the popup menu should behave the same way.

2) This was unintentional and will be updated for the next release.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Nomad3k
Cave Troll

Post by Nomad3k »

I'm just getting started on trying to build stamped maps, and was wondering if I could ask the following. When a new stamp is added (or copied and pasted) could it please be centred on the mouse cursor, rather than using the mouse cursor as the top-left co-ordinates? Don't know whether Dorpond would disagree.

I'm currently building a forest, and I have to keep re-adjusting the locations of the trees once I've added them.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Nomad3k wrote:When a new stamp is added (or copied and pasted) could it please be centred on the mouse cursor, rather than using the mouse cursor as the top-left co-ordinates?
That would be nice.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Nomad3k wrote:When a new stamp is added (or copied and pasted) could it please be centred on the mouse cursor, rather than using the mouse cursor as the top-left co-ordinates?
I'm fine with this change, any objections ?

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

I kept getting Square and Circle modes instead of top-down the other day on b28 for backgrounds and stamps.

Also, when I pick up a token, stamp, or background, if I don't pick it up in its top left corner, it will jump the top-left corner down to where the cursor is in freesize, thus making it very difficult to move them around. Could they instead move relative to how much the cursor has moved vice where the cursor is?

IMarv

trevor

Post by trevor »

Sounds like some bugs regressed. I'll take a look and get them fixed for the next build

trevor

Post by trevor »

IMarvinTPA wrote:I kept getting Square and Circle modes instead of top-down the other day on b28 for backgrounds and stamps.
This should be fixed for 1.1b29

trevor

Post by trevor »

IMarvinTPA wrote: Also, when I pick up a token, stamp, or background, if I don't pick it up in its top left corner, it will jump the top-left corner down to where the cursor is in freesize
Could you walk me through how you set up your token where this happens ? I'm not seeing it, I think I don't have the same token setup.

Nomad3k
Cave Troll

Post by Nomad3k »

Put a token on the map and set it's size to gargantuan. Now move your mouse and put it over any cell that the token covers other than the top left one. Now try to drag the token. The token will jump to move the top-left to your cursor.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

That's a known design issue.

The "pick-up" point for tokens is the top-left corner no matter where you click on it and as soon as you move it it adjusts the token such that the TL corner is under the pointer.

For backgrounds, stamps or other things that are larger than one grid in size I learned to just drag from the TL corner.

I'm sure Trevor will fix it some time.

trevor

Post by trevor »

It's a problem with how the snap to grid works. I fixed it once, which promptly broke the non-snap-to-grid drag. So I reverted. I just need to sit down and find a better solution. I've got one in mind, I'll see if it works out.

Return to “MapTool”