[1.4] Problem Solving: owned territory & unit vision

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Hawke
Great Wyrm

[1.4] Problem Solving: owned territory & unit vision

Post by Hawke »

I'm using an old screenshot here from a mock up I did for a PBEM wargame and if we can do it with MapTool... I'm curious what thoughts people had about solving this problem:

Naval Units = ENEMY
All other units = FRANCE

I want it such that france can always see within its borders (you can guess where the edge is from the image)... but at the same time, I want units to be able to see out.

Right now in that image I have the factories with a high range and VBL drawn around france... so that seemed to solve the problem. I also can send units outside the borders and they can see around them (soldier in upper left sees enemy tank?).

But! Assume the bomber in north west france has a vision range of 6 hexes... with individual vision he could not see the enemy ships and the enemy ships cannot see him because of the VBL. I don't want that...

So... how can we make certain defined areas on a map (countries owned) as always visible to a particular player while still preserving the vision settings of individual units?

Return to “MapTool”