Offset for conic Lights and Auras

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Mrugnak
Dragon

Offset for conic Lights and Auras

Post by Mrugnak »

Shouldn't lights have an Offset, like vision? I know I implemented the offset for conovision, but I had nothing to do with the lighting system.

If it's not too late to get the feature added, and someone from the Lighting kneck of the woods can point me at the conic lighting code, I can probably puzzle it out (like I did the conic vision).

EDIT: (clarified subject!)

What I'm looking for, specifically, is a way to set up four different conic auras so they show a figures Front hexes, Side hexes, and Back hex(es) - front in blue, side in green, back in red (or something like that, colors subject to change).

So for GURPS I'd have a normal aura cone covering 180 degrees. That's "Front". For the sides, I'd have Right Side (covering 60 degrees, offset to the right by IIRC 90 degrees) and Left side (offest by -90 degrees), both green. And then Back, offset by 180 degrees. Write a little macro to toggle them all on or off on one figure and tada - automatic facing display thingamy, as needed.

Return to “MapTool”