Insufficient memory message.

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Thanlis
Giant

Re: Insufficient memory message.

Post by Thanlis »

Azhrei wrote: You're right that there is no specific attribute to set the stack size, but if Apple's java-vm-args won't set the stack size, then Apple users are out of luck -- there isn't any other way to set that AFAICT. In the meantime, the heap sizes can at least be correct. (I do see that the Java app can specify the stack size when it creates Thread objects, but I don't think the specification of stack size belongs inside the application. :()
Me either. :) Ah, Apple, I love you so much that the betrayal is even sharper when you turn on me.
Reed (halfling sorcerer P3) // Collin (human fighter P2) // Cine (eladrin psion H2)
Sirath (deva shaman H1) // Alesk (dragonborn cleric H3) // Kevin (halfling barbarian H1)

heyes
Giant

Re: Insufficient memory message. [updated]

Post by heyes »

Okay the problem persists if you download the file from the downloads page - where you get a a .jar file. But the problem IS fixed if you download it from the webstart page - where you get a jnlp file that becomes an app file when you start it up. Awesome!

The problem persists in build 58, but I can't open the .jar file with textedit to apply the below fix. Any suggestions?

Chrest
Cave Troll

Post by Chrest »

heyes wrote:Okay the problem persists if you download the file from the downloads page - where you get a a .jar file. But the problem IS fixed if you download it from the webstart page - where you get a jnlp file that becomes an app file when you start it up. Awesome!

The problem persists in build 58, but I can't open the .jar file with textedit to apply the below fix. Any suggestions?
Are you just double-clicking the .jar file? If so, that's the problem--when you download MapTool, you need to use a launch script. For Mac OS X, the launch script is "Launch MapTool.command", which should be in the MapTool folder. You'll need to add execute permissions before you can do this, however. See here for basic instructions: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 8&p=101180 . Once you've got execute permissions added, double-click the .command file, and MapTool should launch just fine.

On that topic, what ever became of setting the build process up so that the Mac distribution is packaged as a .app (as discussed in the linked topic)?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Chrest wrote:Are you just double-clicking the .jar file? If so, that's the problem--when you download MapTool, you need to use a launch script.
I believe this is discussed a little bit in the README file inside the ZIP. I will grab the latest ZIP and make sure the Unix files have execute permission on them...
On that topic, what ever became of setting the build process up so that the Mac distribution is packaged as a .app (as discussed in the linked topic)?
There's a user here who packages up MapTool as a .dmg. When I see b57 or b58 as .dmg files, I'll copy them to the main site.

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

hello. how to make a dmg file, and make maptool as .app file for mac??
La nuova Era - Sito italiano dedicato a MapTool e D&D 4th edition.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

heyes
Giant

Post by heyes »

The memory allocation error seems to have been corrected in the b59 version.
Also, though off topic, the downloads have been set up to allow goofballs like myself to double click and start the application in the usual intuitive manner. We macheads are spoiled, what can I say?

Return to “MapTool”