(Framewerk System) CthulhuTech cmpgn [b56]

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
palmer
Great Wyrm

(Framewerk System) CthulhuTech cmpgn [b56]

Post by palmer »

This is a PRELIMINARY campaign framework for the game CthulhuTech, which uses the Framewerk System. Find out more here: http://www.cthulhutech.com
It is not intended for use by those new to either MapTool, or Cthulhutech. It assumes a solid understanding of both.

This is framework version 1. It is functional and working, but incomplete.

Currently, there's no support for mecha or Integrity scale. However, Tagers and Dhoanoids are supported.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Tokens: To make a new token, drag it onto the map. Then double click to edit. Under Config, change Properties to Player. Click OK.
Now select the token, and run the "Setup" macro from the Campaign panel.

This is several pages long. Fill everything in. For weapon ratings, just put the damage number (so unarmed is -1, while an Enforcer pistol is 2).
Currently the system does not support carrying multiple weapons with different ratings.

DESIGN FEATURES:

Rolling: The die roller supports up to 10 dice. It will check for all valid rolls (high die, X of a kind, and Straights) and return the best option automatically.

Token Shapes: This cmpgn assumes that all human and player tokens are ROUND, while transformed Tagers and Dhoanoids are SQUARE. If you're going to deviate from this, you will need to edit the "bloody" macro on the Lib token.

Wound Status: I am using Dorpond's bloody states to show current wound status. These cover an increasing amount of the token with blood drips, for an easy visual check of your wound level.

Also, all relevant modifiers are included in wound level, with 2 notes
A: Wound penalty at Seriously Wounded is -5 instead of -6... this was done because the math was a pain.
B: Seriously Wounded reduces speed to 1, which is to represent "crawl only"

States: I left in all the states I use with D&D 4e. While they have no real defined function in Framewerk, they're bound to come in handy at some point.

Token Properties: These are auto-calculating out the wazoo, and account for Tager/human form. Enjoy.

Speed: The chart is a PITA, so just went "Whatever the average is, is your Cautious speed." which is almost an exact match for the chart anyways. I say running is just x4 of that, which still matches fairly well.

Initiative: This checks your maximum actions, and then asks how many you want to use. It will then give you the relevant multiple actions modifier on everything you do that round automatically.

It will also insert you into initiative the appropriate number of times, properly sorted.

End of Round: Because you reroll initiative each round, and your number of actions may change, I made this utility token. Use Start Initiative to add it to the panel. Then everyone else rolls initative.

When "End of Round" gains initiative, use the End Round macro on it, and have everyone reroll.

Regeneration: Tagers regenerate. This will happen automatically, if in Tager form, when you roll initiative.

Transform: The "Ginger" token has a Transform button. The code here will replace her token with one from the Tager table, as well as turn "on" all her Tager powers. You will need to add both player tokens to the PlayerImages table, Tager tokens to the TagerImages, and set the relevant table indexes on the tokens.

Ginger is a "Vampire" Exceptional Tager from Vade Mecum

I intend to make more Tager and Dhoanoid tokens in a later revision of this for your convenience.

Drama Points: You'll have to add the die roll and do the math manually to see if a drama point improves your roll. I have an idea for automating this later.

Skills: Have been divided into arbitrary buttons simply to keep the list of skills at manageable lengths. The skill rating preview in the drop-down already accounts for wounds and multiple action penalties.

========

I have not yet used this framework in an actual game, but the macros have been tested and are working.

Knock yourself out
Attachments
CTech.zip
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 427 times
Last edited by palmer on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

booga
Dragon

Re: CthulhuTech (Framewerk System) Framework [b56]

Post by booga »

It's just plain great !

I Played with it a bit, haven't found a bug yet. I love the transform function. Thanks a lot for your great work.

booga
Dragon

Re: CthulhuTech (Framewerk System) Framework [b56]

Post by booga »

Hi Palmer,

Have you updated this Framework since you first posted it ? If you have made improvements, I'd love to check them out.

Also, do you have any plan on integrating support for Mechas as well ?

Thanks.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: CthulhuTech (Framework System) Framework [b56]

Post by Azhrei »

(Moved to the framework subforum. Not sure why it hadn't been moved previously, but I usually wait to be pinged for that...)

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Thank you Azrei,

much better !

BTW, that's a great Framework. Titanium Kudos to Palmer

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

I'm really glad to see this. I just picked up this game. For a long time I avoided it, because I heard it was a little loose on the Mythos interpretation.

Now that I'm sitting down and actually reading it myself, I have to say this is a really cool game.. a lot cooler than I picked up from just reading about it on the blogs. I think you have to actually spend a little time reading it to fairly judge it on it's merits.

I hope this framework continues to be developed.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

I agree,

it's a great game. It was a great read as well.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

Awesome addition! I always love seeing a new game get proper "coded" MapTool support, but it's always a plus when it's one I happen to be quite fond of. I can only hope this great framework continues to improve. I have to say the auto-dice-calculating thing is possibly its crowning achievement.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”