[d20 SW-Saga Ed] SWSaga_Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Zaro
Cave Troll

Re: Star Wars Saga Edition Framework

Post by Zaro »

I think I found the problem, click on Lib:Zaro and Lib:ZaroVehicles and find the macro at the bottom called onCampaignLoad, right click and edit the macro. Go to the options tab and make sure that allow players to edit the macro is unchecked. Save and reload the campaign file, which should be working now. If that doesn't fix it I don't know where the issue is in the campaign file. If it's still not working upload the campaign file and I'll take a look at it.

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

Post by inquisitor tremayne »

Cool, I will test it in a few hours. Thanks

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

Still didn't work.

Here is the file upload link.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mymldmwdn ... lock.cmpgn

Let me know if you find anything.

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

Ok the Lib:ZaroVehicles and Lib:Zaro need to be visible to players, right click the tokens and make sure visible to players is checked. If you don't want players to actually see the tokens then just move them to the hidden layer by right clicking the tokens and selecting Change To... then select Hidden. They are still "Visible to players" when on the hidden layer, just the map covers them over so players can't actually see or interact with them basically.

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

AWESOME! That did it!

Duh! I have been hiding them so the players wouldnt see them, d'oh! Will be moving them to the hidden layer from now on! Yay!

Steel
Kobold

Post by Steel »

Hey, I'm hoping to use your Saga framework for my campaign, depending on if I can figure out how everything runs. I'm new to Map Tool as well, though I've read enough of the wiki articles to successfully run most features.

I've got a couple questions:
  • Where do I place each Saga-framework file I downloaded?
  • How do I create new characters using the framework?
  • Are there any "significant" bugs I should know about?
Thanks for your help and for the awesome framework! :D

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

Where do I place each Saga-framework file I downloaded?
The campaign file is all the parts combined, so if you are starting a new campaign that would be best to use. That can go anywhere, you just need to open it from maptool.
How do I create new characters using the framework?
To create a new token simply drag and drop a token to the map then change its Properties type to NPC, Player, or Vehicle. Vehicle Type is used for NPC and Player vehicles. Once the type is chosen run the Character sheet macro for the selected token, fill in data, click OK.
To add weapons run the Weapons/Implements macro with Edit & Add weapons option.
Are there any "significant" bugs I should know about?
I don't think there are any large bugs, but if you find some let me know and I'll see about fixing them.

invadermonks
Kobold

Post by invadermonks »

One bug that I found was that when you attack, temporary damage is not added in.

To fix this, in the DisplayAttack macro under Lib:Zaro->Combat needs to be edited:

These lines:
[if(attacktype==0), CODE:{
[H:TotalDmg=EDmgDice + LevelBonus + Dusestat + dmg]
};
{
[H:TotalDmg=EDmgDice + LevelBonus + dmg]
};]

Should be changed to this:

[if(attacktype==0), CODE:{
[H:TotalDmg=EDmgDice + LevelBonus + Dusestat + tempBonusDmg + dmg]
};
{
[H:TotalDmg=EDmgDice + LevelBonus + tempBonusDmg + dmg]
};]

algnc
Cave Troll

Post by algnc »

For some reason, I can't select dual weapon mastery. If I select it, it unselects when I click OK.

Item bonuses to armor don't seem to be working correctly, either. They stack with level bonuses, and when I reduce the level bonus to 0, it still stays at what the level bonus was previously.

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

I'll fix the temp dmg bug this week and look into the dual mastery and I'll take a look at the armor bonuses. I've been out of town for a week or so and won't be back till next week.

algnc
Cave Troll

Post by algnc »

Zaro wrote:I'll fix the temp dmg bug this week and look into the dual mastery and I'll take a look at the armor bonuses. I've been out of town for a week or so and won't be back till next week.
awesome :) if you need any more info, let me know.

algnc
Cave Troll

Post by algnc »

the multiplier in the vehicle attack macro doesn't seem to be working. ex: 4d10x2 shows 4d10 (19) x 2 = 19.

edit: looks like starship scales aren't saving either. Everything goes back to medium after its set.

edit2: thresholds revert after I click "update display", as well.

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

For the vehicle sizes I discovered that if you set the vehicle size under the config tab of the Edit token window then you do not have the issue with the size changing on opening and closing character sheet macro.

However, you do end up with tokens that are not the correct size for vehicle scale combat in Saga. Meaning everything that is colossal is 6 squares x 6 squares.

Not sure how to fix this just yet.

*Edit* Actually you can use your mouse wheel the increase or decrease the size of the image of the token and still keep the colossal size! Woot!

*Double Edit!* Except now the math is WAY wrong on skill checks! It has somehow turned the -10 into a -20. Here are my examples:

12 (d20 roll)+ 4 (1/2 lvl)+ 3 (Dex)+ 5(training)+ -10 (size) = 4

13 (d20 roll)+ 4 (1/2 lvl)+ 3 (Dex)+ 5(training)+ -10 (size) = 5

19 (d20 roll)+ 4 (1/2 lvl)+ 3 (Dex)+ 5(training)+ -10 (size) = 11

Any idea how to adjust the code for that?

Wrennish
Kobold

Post by Wrennish »

First off, Zaro, thank you for making such an awesome framework. This is so helpful!

I had a question, though (perhaps it's a bug report?).

When I drag a new token down to the token library and start editing it to make a character, I noticed that the macros in the Selection window were different from the macros in your sample tokens. Furthermore, a lot of the macros in the newly-made token don't work.

There will be buttons like, "setMyInitiative" instead of just, "Initiative", and, "rollAbilityCheck" and, "rollSkillCheck" instead of "Ability Check" and "Skill Check". And none of those work under the user-made token. So we've been taking your sample ones, duplicating them, and then editing them to make our own tokens so the macros all function. Am I just doing something wrong when I drag down the token out of the library, or is there something wrong with the coding? I'm using build 63, but it happened in build 66 as well.

Also, just something I've come across (and maybe there's a way to do this and I just haven't seen it), but when you use a force power like, say, Battle Strike, or use the feat Rapid Strike if you're not a Jedi, you get bonus damage dice. It would be nice if there were a way to factor those bonus dice in to your attack roll, maybe in the same way it factors in temporary hit bonuses and temporary damage bonuses in the attack window? Make a text field for temporary damage dice so it will roll those automatically and add them in. Right now we're having to /roll our bonus dice 'cause we haven't found an alternate method. Just a thought.

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

I'll take a look at all the issues hopefully next week, I just got hit right after my vacation with a "Your work assignment is being canceled and we need you to move 600 miles to this office within the month.". Can't promise much in the way of improvements/bug fixes till after the middle of July.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”