[d20 SW-Saga Ed] SWSaga_Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Zaro
Cave Troll

[d20 SW-Saga Ed] SWSaga_Framework

Post by Zaro »

5th release of SWSE Framework built for Maptool Version: 1.3.b63.
SWSaga_Framework_r05
Old Versions
The Campaign file contains a few sample player tokens and vehicle tokens.
To create a new token simply drag and drop a token to the map then change its Properties type to NPC, Player, or Vehicle. Vehicle Type is used for NPC and Player vehicles. Once the type is chosen run the Character sheet macro for the selected token, fill in data, click OK.
To add weapons run the Weapons/Implements macro with Edit & Add weapons option.

A rudimentary Force power library is included, I'm working on a better application of this feature. All Force powers up to the Legacy era rule book are included, though descriptions are missing for most. Taking suggestions on what to implement.

Any bugs, fixes, additions or changes to be included please let me know.

-Zaro
Last edited by Zaro on Mon May 10, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Zaro
Cave Troll

Re: Star Wars Saga Edition Framework

Post by Zaro »

Fixed a bug that caused skipping of attack options on double and triple attack options and an offhand weapon related bug.
Re-uploaded Campaign file, link on 1st post.
Current plan is to implement a better Force Power system, though I'm currently unsure of which way I want to go with this part.

-Zaro

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

Cool :D

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Just for the record, what stack size do you need to run this campaign? I'm getting errors when I run the attack macro, it looks like the stack overflow bug.

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

Currently I think 6 or 8 will handle it, though I realized I wasn't thinking much when I coded that attack macro so I'm currently working on getting the stack size down.

-Zaro

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

Uploaded a new Version, fixed attack macro to not be a memory hog. I had the new version working with 2mb stack size, a huge decrease from the previous incarnation.

-Zaro

dumpstertom
Kobold

Post by dumpstertom »

Please tell me that work hasn't stopped on this?

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

No one has posted any bugs or requests and the game I was using it in died shortly after posting the 1st release, so I haven't updated at all. But if there is a bug or a request just let me know and I'll see what I can do to fix/add it.

-Zaro

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Man I wish I had time to launch another campaign, pick SWSE, and your framework ...
Be sure I would post requests ! ;)
But ...
ImageImageImageImage

gejimay18
Kobold

Post by gejimay18 »

Did you use chartools to make the character sheet? If so, do you mind posting the .rptok file? We're trying to use your campaign settings in Revised edition rules and need to change the skillset around a bit.

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

No the character sheet was built from scratch, but to change the skills it should be rather simple consisting of just changing the SKILLS property on the Lib:Zaro. The PC and NPC tokens would need an entry added to the SkillBonuses property if they are already created, new tokens wouldn't have any issues. Vehicle skills would be changed the same way though Lib:ZaroVehicles would be used instead of Lib:Zaro.
The format is as follows:
Code Format to change skill list.

Code: Select all

{ "Skillname":{"Name":"Skillname", "Stat":" Pick one Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, or Cha", "ACP":1 yes or 0 no}, repeat... }

example: "Skillname":{"Name":"Skillname", "Stat":"Str", "ACP":1}

Add to SkillBonuses property on PC and NPC tokens:
 Skillname=0 ;

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

Post by inquisitor tremayne »

I don't really know the first thing about frameworks but shouldn't there be more usable feats?

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

I also dont see anything for DR either.

Is there a way to save Saga type light sources too?

I might not be finding all this stuff cause I dont really know what I am doing.

also need a way to roll multiple force points for higher level characters but only have it subtract 1 FP.

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

also, forgive my ignorance, but are we supposed to simply copy the "P" and "V" tokens and update those copies with character info? If yes, whenever I choose the charactersheet macro I get a window that is asking me to "Input Value for Lib:Zaro". I get the same thing if I try to click the charactersheet macro for Zaroq.

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

The list of feats only includes attack modifiers and Strong in the Force feat, there are many other feats but not many that modifier anything other than skills as of the date I last released, Oct 25, 2009. Also for copyright issues I chose to not include many additional feats and some other things since none of the SW Saga edition is licensed as OGL.

DR is included for Vehicles but I didn't think to add it in for players/npcs, I'll add that to my to-do list. As for the light sources I thought I had added those in but I guess not, that's a quick fix that can be done in a couple minutes.

As for Force points, they are already multi-rolled for higher level characters and only the highest value is shown as per the saga edition rules.

The "P" and "V" tokens are the library tokens, they should be left to sit on the Token Library map with no changes. Token "P" should have the name Lib:Zaro and Token "V" should have the name Lib:ZaroVehicles.

To create new character, npc or vehicle tokens simply place a new token from your library onto the map and double click it to open up the properties menu, go to the Config tab and select the appropriate Property from the Property drop-down menu, Player, NPC, or Vehicle depending on the token being made.

If you have any other questions/requests/bug reports just post and I'll see what can be done to answer/add/fix.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”