[d20 SW-Saga Ed] SWSaga_Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
accidentalrob
Kobold

Re: Star Wars Saga Edition Framework

Post by accidentalrob »

Hey all,

Let me start by saying I am a complete newb to MapTools, and I am trying to set it up for a SWSE game that I've got coming up. I am attempting to create a new character for one of the players, and I am having a female-canine-in-heat of a time setting it up.

I can get the framework loaded and I'm presented with the map with all of the default tokens. To create a new character, I'm dragging a token (right now using an elf token, but will customize that later) onto the map. I give it the character's name, select PC and hit OK. The token is place on the map. Hoorah!

Now, I get befuddled. What do I do next? If I select the token and then select the Character Sheet macro, I'm presented with a dialog box that says "Value for Size". I have no idea what this means. If I enter a number and select OK, another dialog box asks me "Value for Feats". If I enter a number and hit OK, the dialog closes and I get a string in the chat window that says "getStrProp() requires exactly 1 parameters."

I have no idea what I'm doing here, and could really use a nice, step by step description of how to create a new SWSE character from scratch. I considered copying and editing one of the others, but I can't seem to alter the Feats that PC has.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Rob.

algnc
Cave Troll

Post by algnc »

You need to double click on each token, go to the last tab on the left (I don't have it in front of me, at work) and change the Type from normal to NPC or PC, depending on the character

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

Post by inquisitor tremayne »

It has also been brought to my attention that ability checks do not add half level to the check, which the current framework does do. FYI.

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

It has also been brought to my attention that ability checks do not add half level to the check, which the current framework does do. FYI.
Thanks, Fixed today though I'm still working on the other issues with what little free time I have. Still looking at middle of July before another release, sorry for the long wait.

mcbobbo
Kobold

Post by mcbobbo »

You need to double click on each token, go to the last tab on the left (I don't have it in front of me, at work) and change the Type from normal to NPC or PC, depending on the character
1) Edit the newly-mapped Token
2) Go to the Config tab
3) Change 'Properties' from 'Basic' to (e.g.) 'Player'

polygoncount
Kobold

Post by polygoncount »

THANK you for this framework -- an excellent job!

One thing I noticed is that it does not appear to track the # of Second Winds left... at least, if it does, it isn't working; you can infinitely take a Second Wind.

polygoncount
Kobold

Post by polygoncount »

Got excited about having full automation this session (last time we were going with "manual" rolls), and for some reason whenever anyone attacks, they get a "Undefined function: DisplayAttack" message when using the "Attack" campaign macro. I swear this worked fine when I tested it myself offline, but now it won't work on or offline.

Any ideas, anyone?

EDIT: I got it... I had started a session as a player in another campaign, then started a server with the new campaign without quitting out of MT first. Apparently this is bad.

ShadowcatKatya
Kobold

Post by ShadowcatKatya »

How do I install this?

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

Shadowcat did you figure it out?

When creating a map you will want to drop the Lib:Player and Lib:Vehicle tokens onto your map, I suggest putting them on the hidden layer so your players dont see them. Then in the Campaign preferences you may import the preferences from the folder and it will bring in lighting and vision settings. Any tokens you have on your map, select them, then in the selection window right click under the macros section and choose import macros. You can then import all the macros from this framework for that token.

You will need to double click each token and assign it a type, NPC, PC, or Vehicle.

Then click the macro button for character sheet and you can start adding in all the info for your tokens to automate the roles. Clicking the weapon/implement button will allow you to add weapons and stuff.

Enjoy!

dolonite
Kobold

Dual Weapon Mastery I does it Work?

Post by dolonite »

Check mark never sticks next to Dual Weapon Mastery... is it broke or am I missing something?

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

that happened to me to but we got it fixed, dont remember how but once I do I will post it here.

Sithraider
Kobold

Post by Sithraider »

Zaro,

I am running a campaign with some special rules. Can you tell me how to access the "code" of the framework so that I can make these adjustments. I am ok at macros, but the json stuff and .lib creation is beyond my current skill.

Heres what I am trying to accomplish.

1) Damage threshold = 1/5 HP rounded down + class Fort bonus + Armor Bonus to Fort;
even just replacing the .lib code so that it will not replace my adjusted macro would be fine, but I can't locate or figure out how to delete that line from your work.

2) Condition Track Overflow, for each full amount of damage that goes over the DT, condition track drops. So that if the DT was 8 and 24 points of damage was taken, the ct would drop 3 levels.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

I haven't touched this framework in quite a while since I haven't played SWSE in the last couple years. But from a quick look at the framework the macro returnThreshold is where the 1st one can be changed and the end of the HPChange macro is where your second rule can be changed, which are both on Lib:Zaro.

Sithraider
Kobold

Post by Sithraider »

Great. Thanks for the speedy response. I'll mess with it tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

Here is how to fix the Dual Weapon Mastery not taking.

Select the Player Lib Token.

Right clink and edit the Character Sheet macro.

Scroll down till you see the list of feat options.

You will notice all the other feats have the letter "t" before it but the Dual Weapon Feats do not.

Add the letter t next to each dual weapon mastery.

Click save.

Then save the library token again.

Should work after that.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”