W40K-RPG_FW MOVED TO NEW THREAD

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.

Aquir
Kobold

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC] W40K-RPG_FW v7.1.2

Post by Aquir »

It's not something that needs imediate attention, but I thought you'd be interested in the little bugs and quirks ^^
Every new character starts with Drive (Common Vehicle) as a skill for some reason.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Aquir wrote:It's not something that needs imediate attention, but I thought you'd be interested in the little bugs and quirks ^^
Every new character starts with Drive (Common Vehicle) as a skill for some reason.
that reason is the errata I believe or at least some alternative rule that any nitwit can 'drive' a car in the 40k setting, albeith at half skill. Hence its a basic skill.

druski
Cave Troll

Post by druski »

Are the BC rules for psychic powers implemented? Was working on creating an Eldar Shadowseer as per rules on pg 372 (Witchblade, Creiddan, and Holo-suit not in the armoury btw), and can't seem to get the psychic powers to work. I turned off useDhRules and get the following when trying to use any BC power.

Code: Select all

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Power Level (8 x 5)" error executing expression ttPsy = json.set(ttPsy, "Power Level ("+powerLevel+" x 5)", powerLevel*5).
Also, I don't see how to set the type of psyker as per pg 206.

druski
Cave Troll

Post by druski »

Also, are bonus degrees of success from unnatural characteristics implemented? I've never actually used them before, so I imagine not but was thinking of doing it properly for BC.

Dark Heresy
The base difficulty of a regular test is adjusted downwards by one level per rank of the Unnatural Characteristic multiplier to a maximum of +30. In opposed tests the Unnatural Characteristic multiplier is added to the DoS. (Inquisitors Handbook 226)

Rogue Trader
In opposed tests the Unnatural Characteristic multiplier is added to the DoS.

Deathwatch
The base difficulty of a regular test is adjusted downwards by one level per rank of the Unnatural Characteristic multiplier to a maximum of +30. In opposed tests the Unnatural Characteristic multiplier is added to the DoS.
Also on pg 186. There it says anything/one with Unnatural Willpower may add the mulitplier to their Psy Rating.

Burning Crusade
In BC they add 1/2 DoS to a charateristic test success. If I have Agility 50 and Unnatural Agility (+4) and I roll a 32, then I have 2 DoS from the roll (BC rules) + 2 DoS from the Unnatural Agility (4/2=2) for a toal of 4 DoS.

Erenthal
Kobold

Post by Erenthal »

Recently upgraded my ongoing campaign to try the newest framework, and I have to say: Good work! It works even better than ever, and all my players love it. Lots of things to keep a GM happy.

However, there are still a few issues I found that might be oversights or plain old bugs. So, in no particular order:

1. Today we were having trouble using and burning fatepoints. When pressing either button, it says 'Unknown macro "UseFavour@Lib:DH"' or 'Unknown macro "BurnFavour@Lib:DH"'. Tried this on both newly created token and currently existing token. Made sure that "Fate" was chosen as type of favour in "Edit Chars", and replenished the pool as well.

2. The minor psychic power "Healer" does not seem to work correctly. Getting

"Healer: Heal
runMacro@lib:DH/all/selected?%5B1d5%5D'>1d5%5D'>1d5. Repeated use within 6 hours: target must make T test,
runMacro@lib:DH/all/selected?%5B1d5%5D'>1d5%5D'>1d5 damage on fail"

when using it.

3. Psychic power "Preternatural awareness" says "Unnatural awareness: +WB to Awareness Tests, +WB to Initiative". RAW is +20 to awareness and +WB to initiative. Checked erratas, but could not find any counter-indication to this. Oversight or source I've missed?

BTS1967
Cave Troll

Post by BTS1967 »

druski wrote:Are the BC rules for psychic powers implemented? Was working on creating an Eldar Shadowseer as per rules on pg 372 (Witchblade, Creiddan, and Holo-suit not in the armoury btw), and can't seem to get the psychic powers to work. I turned off useDhRules and get the following when trying to use any BC power.

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Power Level (8 x 5)" error executing expression ttPsy = json.set(ttPsy, "Power Level ("+powerLevel+" x 5)", powerLevel*5).
Its not an issue with BC; ran into the same issue myself using DW psychic powers. Flagged for RS.

BTS1967
Cave Troll

Post by BTS1967 »

druski wrote:Also, are bonus degrees of success from unnatural characteristics implemented? I've never actually used them before, so I imagine not but was thinking of doing it properly for BC.

Dark Heresy
The base difficulty of a regular test is adjusted downwards by one level per rank of the Unnatural Characteristic multiplier to a maximum of +30. In opposed tests the Unnatural Characteristic multiplier is added to the DoS. (Inquisitors Handbook 226).
Rogue Trader
In opposed tests the Unnatural Characteristic multiplier is added to the DoS.
No as there is not currently a way to tell if its an opposed test.
druski wrote:Deathwatch
The base difficulty of a regular test is adjusted downwards by one level per rank of the Unnatural Characteristic multiplier to a maximum of +30. In opposed tests the Unnatural Characteristic multiplier is added to the DoS.
Also on pg 186. There it says anything/one with Unnatural Willpower may add the mulitplier to their Psy Rating.
1. No to the adjusting of downward by one level per rank... at this point no way to know difficulty as there is only a single modifier field.
2. No as there is not currently a way to tell if its an opposed test.
3. No, though didnt know about this rule.
druski wrote:Burning Crusade
In BC they add 1/2 DoS to a charateristic test success. If I have Agility 50 and Unnatural Agility (+4) and I roll a 32, then I have 2 DoS from the roll (BC rules) + 2 DoS from the Unnatural Agility (4/2=2) for a toal of 4 DoS.
Yes, this was implemented back in October or November I believe.

BTS1967
Cave Troll

Post by BTS1967 »

Erenthal wrote:Recently upgraded my ongoing campaign to try the newest framework, and I have to say: Good work! It works even better than ever, and all my players love it. Lots of things to keep a GM happy.

However, there are still a few issues I found that might be oversights or plain old bugs. So, in no particular order:

1. Today we were having trouble using and burning fatepoints. When pressing either button, it says 'Unknown macro "UseFavour@Lib:DH"' or 'Unknown macro "BurnFavour@Lib:DH"'. Tried this on both newly created token and currently existing token. Made sure that "Fate" was chosen as type of favour in "Edit Chars", and replenished the pool as well.
1. This has been fixed and is currently in the unreleased build.

The other two items I cannot speak to.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

well it seems that BTS hit the scoop on this one. The only thing to add is: ill dig into the last two bits of elanthal.

ah yes and the opposed tests... in short: not gonna happen. This for two reasons
1. its outside the scope of this FW (automate combat only). Yes I know grapple == combat, but thats a rather rare exception and there's also reason:
2. this would require (yet again) 'other user interaction' similar to dodge/parry. This is an insane amount of work and massively complex and bug prone. I've done it for the evasion actions 'because I wanted to know if it could be done' (and I like a challenge), but overall it has turned out to be a very big bug pit and spaghetti code. Recently I've managed to clean up quite a bit of the spaghetti code but it remains a complex lot. So I'm not gonna add another pit to this one.

These two reason and the looooong list of todo make it a 'not gonna happen', sorry.

edit: As for the difficulty/DoS issue, I'll have to dig into it, but its not implemente, I was not aware of these rules. From what I gather from it I'll add a bonus of +10 per unn.char level upto 30 for all systems.
I'll leave it to BTS to implement the BC variant.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

@Druski
Erenthal wrote:2. The minor psychic power "Healer" does not seem to work correctly. Getting
"Healer: Heal
runMacro@lib:DH/all/selected?%5B1d5%5D'>1d5%5D'>1d5. Repeated use within 6 hours: target must make T test,
runMacro@lib:DH/all/selected?%5B1d5%5D'>1d5%5D'>1d5 damage on fail"
this turns out to be an error generated by your replaceStatAcronyms, I have no clue how it works, can you have a look. I've disabled it for now.

druski
Cave Troll

Post by druski »

Whoops! Yep, had a bug that ended up being a pain to fix (is there any other kind with maptool?). I've fixed that function, added comments, and added a test case. All that stuff is now in the OneNote under my buildlog since I don't know what the current protocol is for updating trunk.

Re: opposed rolls: yeah, I had no real interest in the opposed roll part of things (I'm well aware of your policy and I 100% agree. This darn thing is incredibly complicated as is), but I am interested in the modifiers being applied to Dodge. Eldar are all gifted with Unnatural Agility so the bonus would be important for their dodge skill.

druski
Cave Troll

Post by druski »

BTS1967 wrote:
druski wrote:Are the BC rules for psychic powers implemented? Was working on creating an Eldar Shadowseer as per rules on pg 372 (Witchblade, Creiddan, and Holo-suit not in the armoury btw), and can't seem to get the psychic powers to work. I turned off useDhRules and get the following when trying to use any BC power.

Its not an issue with BC; ran into the same issue myself using DW psychic powers. Flagged for RS.
Oh and also BTS: is there any way to set the type of psyker as per BC pg206?

druski
Cave Troll

Post by druski »

Yeah! I responded
Whoops! Yep, had a bug that ended up being a pain to fix (is there any other kind with maptool?). I've fixed that function, added comments, and added a test case. All that stuff is now in the OneNote under my buildlog since I don't know what the current protocol is for updating trunk.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”