W40K-RPG_FW MOVED TO NEW THREAD

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC] W40K-RPG_FW v7.1.2

Post by wolph42 »

druski wrote:Yeah! I responded
*facepalm*

Anyway... The protocol is simple: there is a text file "...has checked out" fill in your name and start editing. Mark the changes by colouring the macro black (and create a backup) and put some comment with you name around the changes. Althuigh in this case as its fully you own macro you could have just copy pasted in your macro updat in there and mention it in one note.

Btw IRC there is also an issue with templates. Should be under your name in the testing area.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Result Bug Find Contest:

Well its march so lets make up the result,
the rules:
  • 1 point for finding typos (not english/us but riellie emberezing tipoz)
  • 2 points if it’s a structural typo (>5) made throughout the FW (to prevent 50 points cause e.g. I wrote Augery in stead of Augury).
  • 8 points for pointing out a real, reproducible (by us) bug
  • 10 points if you add a solid step by step description
  • 12 points if you also add screenshots
  • 5 points if you still find an issue with a bug that has just been reported fixed (I guess we'll be fixing bugs live)
  • 1 point for mistakes found in the xls (again: which are acknowledged by us, some 'mistakes' are necessary evils...)
  • 1 point for every 20 lines of data entry. (See xls sheet) we're still missing data from the latest books, like the non-essential components for the RT-Ships.
  • 1,2 or 3 points for finding 'unintended features' this is stuf like a 'pause()' pop up when doing stuff that does not belong there. This is a rather vague category so it will be a ruling matter for us. Same as with bugs: 1 point for mentioning it, 2 points for adding step by step description and 3 points when you also add screenshots.
  • 2 points for incorrectly implemented rules (note that this excludes rules implemented because of limitations or developers decision in the rule itself… but we have tried as much as possible to implement as close to the Rules As Written as is feasible within the limitations of MT).
  • 1 point for identifying a combat rule or combat affecting rule that is not situational (eg when attacking Orks you get +10), limited in implementation due to the FW (developers decision), or is on the planned release list (eg BC Traits, Zealous Hatred, BC criticals, full implementation of DW Squad abilities, upgrading armour, etc.)
  • 2 points (capped at 5 requests for 10 points to get users to focus on their true needs) Feature Requests (FREQ). Note this is open game and will not be ruled out by the developers (though this is not any guarantee it will be implemented, just put under consideration). Repeating someone elses request does not count.
  • If someone reports a bug, but without a step by step description then the remaining points (2 for the steps and 2 for the screenshots) can be earned until we have acknowledged (= found and confirmed) the bug. As soon as the bug is confirmed its closed
  • Just to be clear: the points go to the FIRST person to report them on the rptools forum in the W40K topic (where you downloaded this file)
  • Another clarification: if you describe a bug, give a step by step description and screenshots, you get a total of 12 points, not 30 (8+10+12)!. Same applies for 'unwanted features'.
  • Adding XLS data, please state on the forum what you're gonna do, before youre gonna do it, to prevent double entry. Also we can provide you with the latest version of the xls.
  • A small precaution on our side: the amount of prize is linked to the total amount of points gained by the community: 1 point == 1ct. (upto the $20). So if the total community scores 200 points or more then the prize for the winner will amount $20. This to prevent the awkward and very unlikely scenario that if only one person reports one typo that she will win the full $20. Just to be clear, we're not looking at individual scores, just the total score of the whole community.
    BTS and me (W42) are the judges (and will thus not participate) our word is final, no correspondance!!!
AFAIK I've only seen bug reports and no one bothered for the details so its a simple counting of responses. This is what I found:
Druski: 3
Balamunka: 1
Aquir: 2
and
Erenthal: 3
So a total of 9 bugs and thus 9x8 = 72 points (I know notice an error in the rules, its sais 1pt == 1ct but this has to be 10ct). So the total effort amounts up to 7$20... I had hoped it had been more. We also have a tie and Im not sure what to do with that, splitting the money sounds rather silly.

but maybe I've made a mistake somewhere or miscounted, so pls react to this so we can conclude this.
Note that BTS suggested to prolong the contest for another 15 day, however in the last 2 days I've fixed so bloody many bugs that there's quite a chance you'll be reporting fixed stuff. So what we *can* do is prolong this after the next release or Erenthal/Druski can claim their winnings... let me know what you want.

Erenthal
Kobold

Post by Erenthal »

I didn't even know that there was a competition on, I just reported bugs to make this framework better, since me and my players enjoy it so much!

Do what you think is best! :)

druski
Cave Troll

Post by druski »

I shouldn't be eligible :). Give it to erenthal.

BTS1967
Cave Troll

Post by BTS1967 »

druski wrote:
BTS1967 wrote:
druski wrote:Are the BC rules for psychic powers implemented? Was working on creating an Eldar Shadowseer as per rules on pg 372 (Witchblade, Creiddan, and Holo-suit not in the armoury btw), and can't seem to get the psychic powers to work. I turned off useDhRules and get the following when trying to use any BC power.

Code: Select all

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Power Level (8 x 5)" error executing expression ttPsy = json.set(ttPsy, "Power Level ("+powerLevel+" x 5)", powerLevel*5).
Also, I don't see how to set the type of psyker as per pg 206.
Its not an issue with BC; ran into the same issue myself using DW psychic powers. Flagged for RS.
Oh and also BTS: is there any way to set the type of psyker as per BC pg206?
I dont see why not! I have not touched any of the psyker code so not sure exactly what all that entails. I am buried with bug fixes and work. You want to tackle it? :-)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

BTS1967 wrote:
druski wrote:
BTS1967 wrote:Are the BC rules for psychic powers implemented? Was working on creating an Eldar Shadowseer as per rules on pg 372 (Witchblade, Creiddan, and Holo-suit not in the armoury btw), and can't seem to get the psychic powers to work. I turned off useDhRules and get the following when trying to use any BC power.

Code: Select all

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Power Level (8 x 5)" error executing expression ttPsy = json.set(ttPsy, "Power Level ("+powerLevel+" x 5)", powerLevel*5).
Also, I don't see how to set the type of psyker as per pg 206.

Its not an issue with BC; ran into the same issue myself using DW psychic powers. Flagged for RS.
Oh and also BTS: is there any way to set the type of psyker as per BC pg206?
I dont see why not! I have not touched any of the psyker code so not sure exactly what all that entails. I am buried with bug fixes and work. You want to tackle it? :-)
*with de niro voice* you talking to me?
I'm not gonna hassle with BC Psycho feces, also covered in work, bug fixes, RT implementations and feces. But feel free (Druski) to implement!!

BTS1967
Cave Troll

Post by BTS1967 »

wolph42 wrote:
*with de niro voice* you talking to me?
I'm not gonna hassle with BC Psycho crud, also covered in work, bug fixes, RT implementations and crud. But feel free (Druski) to implement!!
LMAO... no I was speaking to Druski. Though in my BC campaign I have a Navigator\Sorceror, 2 CM Sorcerers, and a Heretek... so it probably would be beneficial. Once I get through my list of fixes I will look into tackling this... unless Druski wants to take it on?

Nethru
Kobold

Post by Nethru »

This has probably been brought up but when choosing two-weapon fighting you can't choose swift/lightning/full/semi attack with that option. It's one of the other not combined. Any way to do this so all the penalties are added in that are required based on talents?

Thanks.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Nope, originally I assumed that two weapon fighting is a full action and that multi attack was not allowed. It seems that it is allowed certainly with BC where they are half actions. I'm not sure when I get round to implementing that so for now you have to set the penalties manually in this case.

Nethru
Kobold

Post by Nethru »

Ok thanks. Also noticed something else when you enable the Charge Attack option under BC rules it makes charge a check box option and only gives +10 to attack instead of +20.

BTS1967
Cave Troll

Post by BTS1967 »

Nethru wrote:Ok thanks. Also noticed something else when you enable the Charge Attack option under BC rules it makes charge a check box option and only gives +10 to attack instead of +20.
The +10 is correct. The Charge does not add +20. The Charge in the BC core rulebook is Charge + Standard; just poorly stated. If you dig into all of the charge options there are a lot of inconsistencies due to carry over of the rules from DW followed by poor editing. A charge adds +10 to each of the options. The example of +20 is Charge + Standard (real obvious huh!)... each adds +10 for a total of +20. This is clarification I got directly from FFG.

per Sam Stewart...

--------------------------------------------------------

On Dec 1, 2011, at 7:53 PM, BTS wrote:

Thanks.  For clarification, does this stack with the bonus from Standard Attack?  thus the attacker making a charge gets +30 or do they get just +20 on a standard attack?  Same for All-Out Attack.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Sam Stewart wrote:

The proper bonus to Charge is a +20. 

Hope this helps!

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for answering my questions and I really appreciate your patience.  I am unclear on how All-out Attack works if charge already factors in the bonus for Standard.  Same for Swift Attack and Grapple.

As a Charge I can end with a Standard Attack, All-out Attack, Swift Attack, or Grapple (under given circumstances).

The BC bonuses are for these without a charge (excluding Standard as you already answered that one):
1. All-Out-Attack +30
2. Swift +0
3. Grapple +0

Combined with a charge, going off of your answer I would have:
1. All-Out-Attack with Charge = +30 or would it be +40 (given Charge is +10 better than before)?
2. Swift with Charge = +20
3. Grapple with Charge = +20

And thanks again!

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Sam Stewart wrote:

Nope. The bonus for Standard Attack is already factored in (as you'll note that both attack actions are +10 better than their previous iterations in Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay).

Hope that helps as well!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC] W40K-RPG_FW v7.2.1

Post by wolph42 »

NEW RELEASE!!

7.2.1 (20-mar-12)(D,H,C,P)
Working team (besides me) for this release:
BS: BTS 1967
Kambuk and Druski
Important note: RT Ships have been heavily overhauled, so older ones will not be compatible with this version... sorry. Vehicles have changed, although with these the 'repair and upgrade' button should make them work with this version.
The big changes for this build:
  • Horde vs Horde macro in the campaign panel
  • Target based selection and automation now works for all tokens (so also Horde and Vehicles)
  • An INSANE amount of bug fixes and optimization changes across the whole framework.
  • Recommended stack size is lowered(!!) to 4
. . . . Features
  • (BS): Added Horde vs. Horde function to Campaign pane. This is an expanded version of the Simple Horde vs. Horde combat defined in the Mark of the Xenos. It includes all basic features but also allows a GM to add a modifier to the roll, define a horde as in a heavily fortified position (cutting the other Horde's Magnitude Bonus in half as a modifier to the roll), define a hordes attacking space (reducing the Magnitude bonus of the Horde with the limited front by a penalty equal to Magnitude Bonus less Facing (for minimal Mag Str)/2), and take into account if a Horde is engaged with multiple other Hordes (dividing Magnitude bonus by the number of Hordes engaged). If a gm does not want to use these additional elements, just leave the default values as is.
  • Automated vehicle damage (so target based selection method now also works on vehicles)
  • Automated Horde damage (so target based selection method now also works on Hordes)
  • Updated the Attack forms, they now report an error if you're targeting something wrong or if you have 'vehicle' location turned on while not targeting a vehicle (or vice versa)
  • Implemented an (optional) rule for DH/RT/DW to lower the difficulty by 1 step per Unnatural Characteristic Trait for that stat. (upto a max of 3 steps).
. . . . Changes
  • (BS): updated Upgrade Weapons to upgrade RoF (single shot, semi-burst, full-burst).
  • (BS): made not allowing benefits from aim when using a weapon on full or semi-auto a house rule; RAW allows an aim during full or semi auto fire.
  • (BS): Added Roll Initiative and Delay as macro buttons available on each Token.
  • (BS): Add Horde Traits from MoX and automate break tests (mainly just text additions based on having the trait) for Blood Soaked tide, Disciplined, Fighting Withdrawal, Rally, Fanatical devotion, and Relentless
  • Updated RT-CH-VH table
  • Weapon upgrades that you already have will no longer appear in the again in the upgrade list
  • Build in a macro time out delay function to prevent macros from running twice rapidly after each other
  • Created getSizeNr macro.
  • Build in checks for Damage macros for character, hordes and vehicles to prevent last attack results for one be used for the other.
  • (BS): Updated Damage vs Hordes to include the option to set a one-time mag damage bonus to cover the assortment of varied abilities and situations that can arise
  • (BS): Added the ability to roll additional D10 dice to add a one-time mag damage bonus (Assault marines ability to do an additional 1d10 on a jump pack charge vs a Horde)
  • (BS): Suppress extraneous state change messages. Assumption was that unless specified all state changes would be broadcast; this was highly distracting and sometimes confusing. Now unless specified in the code, all state changes will not be broadcast.
  • Repair and upgrade now also works for vehicles, also added a fix for vehicles.

. . . . Fixes
  • (BS): Fixed UseFavour@Lib:DH error when Use Fate Point is clicked. Issue was with the building of the Macro form. This will require a repair and rebuild of existing tokens using Fate.
  • (BS): Fixed mounted melee weapons can now be used to parry; macro for sorting out mounted weapons that can be used to parry was failing on the check.
  • (BS): Fixed display of parry message when a target is selected as the target and the target parries. This fix also corrects the same issue with Dodge.
  • (BS): Fixed Shoulder Mounted and ForeArm Mounted upgrades to change the weapon numHands to 0 which will enable the weapon with this upgrade to be used without it being equipped first; mounted is considered to be always equipped and ready for use.
  • (BS): Fixed Extra Grip upgrade to change the weapon numHands to 1.
  • (BS): Updated Astartes Servo-Arm class to Mounted.
  • (BS): Fixed attack modifier for Red-Dot Laser Sight. It will only be applied when not using full auto and was not being applied. Also updated the compendium to remove the +10 granted by the upgrade.
  • (BS): Fixed attack modifier for Telescopic sight that reduced ranged attack penalty when using a weapon with this upgrade.
  • (BS): Fixed prompt for SpecialText when a weapon is upgraded. Also fixed the removal of SpecialText when an upgrade was applied.
  • (BS): Fixed weapon upgrade; was wiping out existing upgrades so only one upgrade was being captured. Now multiple upgrades will be applied. Note that if upgrades were applied to weapons with the last two versions they will need to be rebuilt.
  • (BS): Fixed weapon upgrade; rewrote code to allow multipliers (they were in the upgrade spreadsheet) to work as intended; code was not processing them.
  • (BS): Removed extraneous blank line appearing when Adding a new weapon to a token.
  • Older tokens were not correctly initiated which resulted in quicksheet not working. Updated 'repair token' to set skills if none are given. Updated QS to ignore the fact if not all basic skills are part of the character.
  • Fixed Quicksheet and full sheet to correctly differentiate between basic and advanced skills, based on the settings.
  • When adding tokens individually to the init panel with the 'roll' macro. The initiative remains on the first token that received initiative. Fixed as follows: when in the FIRST round (so round==1) every time you add a new token (with the 'roll' macro) to the initi panel the initiative will be given the the token with the highest initiative. After the first round, the token who currently has initiative will keep it.
  • Damage output when using the 'damage' macro directly was also ported to the players chats, even though this was turned off in the settings.
  • RT ships, if you create a new ship from scratch all kinds of errors occur. This 'fix' concerned a total of 8 macros and the token properties to be corrected
  • RT ship weapons were not added to components, nor removed when deleted.
  • If you edit ship properties the TR rating is reset to 0.
  • (BS): Fixed use of Parry while in initiative. Parry initiated from the Parry button and auto-parry in auto-targeting combat would fail when parrying token was in initiative.
  • RT ships macro have been heavily overhauled and fixed, there were a LOT of bugs and misinterpretations of the rules. To name some:
    • Strength of Lances was not taken into account properly
    • Separate hit calculation of lances was not done
    • Voidshields negated entire attacks in stead of just hits
    • Voidshields were not properly reset when multiple targets were hit
    • Certain properties were not acting correctly
    For this reason ships from previous FW will NOT work and need to be rebuild.
  • With the automated attack: when the gm attacks a character that carries multiple parrying weapons, the pop-up was send to the gm. It now requests the player to make the choice
  • Parry option does not show anymore (in automated attack) when char is in frenzy or attacked with flexible weapon.
  • Fixed issue when player drags new token onto map
  • Fixed issue with 'wearing field generating armour'
  • Fixed vehicle damage
  • Removed nonverbose from vehicle damage
  • Fixed titan crit table to conform with new message structure
  • Fixed reloading weapons on vehicles
  • Fixed reloading personal weapons while on board a vehicle
  • Fixed edit Psy power, asked for parameters, added dropdown for focus test (so it won't throw errors somewhere else)
  • Fixed use RT psy power, didn't abort when unknown focus was used
  • (AC) The result text for certain psy powers (like Heal) we're 'off'. Fixed
  • Fixed issue with embarkation and only one token available (blank space in DDB)
  • When tokens disembark they will now always show on top of the vehicle
  • (BS): Fixed multiple issues with embarkation : incorrect error message stating too many crew when there is one spot left, correct handling of driver and copilot when disembarked or an alternative driver\copilot is assigned but is not allowed to drive, and updated test for appropriate drive test (was failing on Common Vehicle, Flyers, and Personal).
  • (BS): Fixed prompt for jumpCharge value (should not be prompting) when a token with Death from Above or Raptor is used the very first time to make a melee attack.
  • Fixed focussed augury concerning Torpedo - launchers.
  • Fixed issue where evasionModifier given with autotarget was NOT stored on the evading token, effectively not applying the modifier.
  • Fixed when SW or Smagnitude is updated (with edit characteristics) then the W or Magnitude is updated accordingly
  • Corrected prenatural awareness. (psy power)
  • Fixed numerous states and their messages to the chat (disables quit a few, like 'hidden')
  • Fixed location issue when targeting the rear section of a vehicle
  • Fixed issue with evasion request (if multiple targets were selected but not all got a hit assigned)
  • Fixed issue with vehicles without ranged weapons when clicking show range the 'range' tokens remain on map.
  • Fixed issue with 'facing not set' message not showing up when using 'show range'
  • Fixed issue with 'show weapon range' for vehicles not working
  • (BS): Fixed application of Xplosive and PowerFist bonus Magnitude Damage to a Horde; it was being applied to each hit when using semi or full auto fire as well as BC Swift and Lightning attacks.
  • (BS): Fixed issue where Weapon Special Qualities mounted on a vehicle were replacing the vehicle Special field.

. . . . Excel
  • (BS): Updated all instances of Astartes Servo-Arm (change class to Mounted), Shoulder Mounted upgrade (updated NumHnads to "=0" as it was just 0), Forearm Mounted upgrade (updated NumHnads to "=0" as it was just 0), extra grip upgrade (updated NumHnads to "=1" as it was just 1), all red-dot sights (removed the +10 attack modifier as this was being applied to all uses of the Red-Dot).
  • (BS): Added columns for singlshot, semi-burst, and full-burst. Rebuilt associated code to include these columns. And rebuilt all upgrades in the compendium from the rebuilt code.
  • Went through all the comments and updated where necessary
  • (BS): Updated Damage type for two weapons in DW section.
  • (BS): Added MoX Horde Talents to the xls.
  • Added titan crit table to xls
  • (BS): updated Drive and Pilot skills to match what is being used in Vehicles (for example the letter 's' was removed from Flyers)
  • (BS): updated BC Talents to include all talents from previous systems that are implemented differently in BC and have been automated within the framework. Now the description of these will match the automation.
  • Added Rogue Trader Availability tool to the excel sheet.
  • (BS): Updated Regeneration Trait to be a group trait where you select the number of wounds regenerated (was just set to 1); DW has creatures that regenerate more than 1… such as the Carnifex that regenerates 5.

Soup
Kobold

Post by Soup »

When I try to copy/paste the text output of a character into the token, it keeps popping up a "set input value for skills", then "set input value for talents". If I click okay on all these popups (setting it to default 0), none of the information gets saved. This happens even if I manually enter the values without using the copy/paste macro thing.

Any explanation? I can provide screenshots if necessary.

Soup
Kobold

Post by Soup »

Never mind, I think I figured it out.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”