W40K-RPG_FW MOVED TO NEW THREAD

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Tairneanach
Kobold

Re: [Framework] [Dark Heresy] Version 1.1

Post by Tairneanach »

Hate to bug you again, but I can't update the campaign macros (do I even need to for this last update?) I always get this error message when I try to import the new ones:
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.ArrayList cannot be cast to net.rptools.maptool.model.MacroButtonProperties
at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.loadMacro(PersistenceUtil.java:543)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.macrobuttons.buttongroups.ButtonGroupPopupMenu$ImportMacroAction$1.run(ButtonGroupPopupMenu.java:164)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Am I doing something wrong?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Ill have a look tomorrow. Just finished a big update but haven't tested it yet. The current update is necessary in order for updating skills to work.

I'm not a java coder so your post doesn't sa me much. There are two things I can think off:1 your not using MT build 63. 2. You could try to load the whole campaign, then save the campaign macros and then load your 'older' campaign and load the just saved campaign buttons.

Hmm now I just realise what you asked... no you don't need to update the campaign macros they didn't change in this update. Only the lib tokens have changed and these you just need to drag into your campaign.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

new build no 3. The 'The Parser is ready for use' build :mrgreen: (that was an insane amount of work...)
  • lots of debugging in the parser
  • added a lot of error checking to the parser (to get it more foolproof), I think I can now remove the 'beta' status
  • f$$ked up 'use skill' macro in last buils (again) and repaired it in this build (again) (im wondering how many times i've done this...)
  • fixed skill error with 'sleight of hand'
I Haven't had the chance to check the 'loadcampaignmacro' issue. But for the last and this build it aint necessary to load them. For this build (in respect to the last) only the lib:DH token needs to be transferred.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Framework] [Dark Heresy] Version 1.3

Post by wolph42 »

and another build:

1.3b4 (23 june 10)
  • updated new (second) parser interface, its now functional
  • fixed small bug in main parser (group skills didn''t get their bonus)
  • fixed bug in supporting macro (listCleaner)
  • cleaned up redundant macros
  • using psypowers from char sheet works properly now
  • thrown weapons are now 'loaded' when equipped (you don''t need to retrieve them first)
  • updated compendium (library) accordingly

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Tairneanach wrote:Hate to bug you again, but I can't update the campaign macros (do I even need to for this last update?) I always get this error message when I try to import the new ones:
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.ArrayList cannot be cast to net.rptools.maptool.model.MacroButtonProperties
at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.loadMacro(PersistenceUtil.java:543)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.macrobuttons.buttongroups.ButtonGroupPopupMenu$ImportMacroAction$1.run(ButtonGroupPopupMenu.java:164)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Am I doing something wrong?
k, figured it out. Was my mistake: its "import macro set" not "import" (in the context menu of the campaign macro panel).

Tairneanach
Kobold

Post by Tairneanach »

You're one hard worker. ;) Thanks for clearing things up.

MARVIN THE ARVN
Kobold

Post by MARVIN THE ARVN »

Hi All,

Wolph, thanks for the updates!!!

Im part way through an adventure so I dont want to change the version but we should hopefully have it finished by the end of this week. After that we will swap over to the new version and I can get back to you with some feedback.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

MARVIN THE ARVN wrote:Hi All,

Wolph, thanks for the updates!!!

Im part way through an adventure so I dont want to change the version but we should hopefully have it finished by the end of this week. After that we will swap over to the new version and I can get back to you with some feedback.
your welcome. Feedback is always most welcome so im looking forward to it.
Which version are you currently using?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

New: campaign share plaza
I've set up a 4share account where everyone playing Dark Heresy (and/or Warhammer FRP) can share their work.
I've uploaded two DH campaigns (and a couple of WFRP campaigns), one created in an older build of the FW and one in the current (b4).
Feel free to download them and use them to your liking. In return I like to ask you to upload your own work onto the shared account.
Link: http://4shared.com/
username: [email protected]
password: darkheresy
Please, if you upload, create your own directory and put your files in there.

You can find this message also in the first post.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

new build:
1.3b6 (28 june 10 20:00)(M,D,C,P)(MT Build 70)
  • accidentilly did a huge amount of work in MT b70, so.... I was forced to upgrade to MT build 70 (it was also about time to take this step...)
  • created 7 macros on the lib:compendium token to add, delete and edit items in the library (weapons, armour, skill, talents, etc.)
  • cleaned up edit psy powers for tokens
  • ordened the lib:dh tokens
  • added sight limited to token in the properties (which couldn't be done in b63)
  • debugged range attack with strength related weapon
  • system checks now if you have run out of grenades
  • clipcount didn't work properly
  • you had to be trained in 'grenades' to throw them without penaly, fixed that
  • integrated grenades fully in ranged attacks (not a seperate macro anymore). You now need to create an attack macro for a grenade
  • 'unarmed' weapon on standard token (when you create a new one) was still with the old properties set, has been updated.
  • location that is hit by weapon is now in bold
  • when upgrading a weapon to compact, the number of rounds in the clip is also updated (clipsize is halved)

UbiquitousFlex
Kobold

Post by UbiquitousFlex »

Hi,

I'm starting up a Dark Heresy game around a group of us familiar to using maptools and found/started playing with your framework. I must say that I am quite impressed by how comprehensive it is. My thanks for your dedication to the community around rptools and Dark Heresy.

Anyway, I was playing around with it last night and kept encountering a single action that kept crashing me out every time (on version 1.3b6). I set the memory up to 1024 and stack size as high as 4 (but I'm not receiving a stack overflow error.)

In short, I would add a token for a PC and allow it to auto-configure the token. I would then go in and try to give the token the talent "Basic Weapon Training (Primitive)." At the end of my selection it would crash every time-- hanging up the system until I closed maptools.

So, a few dumb questions: What is the difference between 1.3b6 and 1.3b5? b5 seems to work fine around this particular glitch. Should I just continue using 1.3b5?

Thus far this is looking incredibly promising towards simplifying combat for a bunch of us new to Dark Heresy, so I have no room to complain-- I'm merely curious as to if I'm doing something wrong or if I've encountered a new glitch.

Thanks much,

Flex

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Right... first off I can't reproduce the problem, so first the step by step approach (it might look redundant but with debugging the devil is ALWAYS in the details). What I did:
1. started MT 70 with the launcher settings: 1024, 64, 4
2. opened DH FW b6
3. closed the splashscreen
4. dragged the eagle from the lib panel onto the grass (that is a 'clean' token from the lib)
5. checked "pc" and hit ok
6. hovered my mouse over it so it populates the macros and then clicked talents
7. selected 'basic weapon training'
8. clicked 'add talents'
9. selected 'primitive' and hit ok
The a frame popped up showing the character sheet.

If you've done exactly the same and it 'bumbed' after (I guess) step 9, then it seems to be a more fundamental problem. Cause I haven't changed anything to talents or any support function of it. What I did do in v6 is going from MT build 63 to build 70. It is very likely that there lies the culprit.

Iin which case you should:
1. make sure you have MT70, that is: download it again and reinstall it
2. check you have the latest java version, that is: download it again and reinstall it
3. make sure everything is ok with the framework, that is: you get the drift
4. repeat the above 9 steps to master the arts of basic primitive weapons.
If it still bumbs then we need to go into plan B. So let me know outcome.

UbiquitousFlex
Kobold

Post by UbiquitousFlex »

Before reinstalling my JRE I re-downloaded maptools b70 and went through the same steps-- it worked just fine. All the moving parts, so to speak, were up to date on my end. I can't seem to recreate it to save my life now.

The framework works pretty slick, my kudos to you on a intuitive layout.

Anyhow, sorry about the prior post-- it's no good now that I can't recreate the crash =)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

The fact that you can't reproduce means that you solved it. In all likelyhood something was wrong with your MT version, maybe you accidentilly downloaded b69 or something went wrong with with the download or installation.
Let me know if you run into any bugs.

About the rest:

thnx for the compliment
don't apologize for reporting bugs. That's what this forum is for.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”