W40K-RPG_FW MOVED TO NEW THREAD

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Framework] [Dark Heresy] Version 1.1

Post by wolph42 »

attached the campaign file itself as well.
Given link to the Illumination example campaign. This you can download to get a look and feel of maptool.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Wonderful,

Thanks !

Limba Pasarilor
Kobold

Post by Limba Pasarilor »

Couple of things I've encountered in the non-beta version:
Using an off-hand weapon with the Ambidextrous talent still seems to return a -10 penalty to hit.
Higher quality melee weapons seem to add their bonus to BS instead of WS.
When editing a weapon manually, selecting the weapon die causes it to double the d modifier - so 1d10 becomes 1dd10.

Is any of this fixed in the beta?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Nope. And ive create quite a long list of other bugs ive discovered over the las few weeks which I'm planning to fix in June (yup that late) I'm preoccupied with other stuff up to then. None the less thank you for the input!! Very mch appreciated! I will get to it eventually.

Limba Pasarilor
Kobold

Post by Limba Pasarilor »

The framework also chokes on apostrophes in token or weapon names. I think this might be a limitation of the form, which is fine, but means you should probably rename the D'laku Hellgun, which is currently unusable without renaming it in the code. This is admittedly easy.

Anyway, aside from some minor problems, bangup job! I've been running it for months in my DH game (starting with version 1.0) and these are the only things I've run into, really.

One feature request:
Ability to add weapons to the weapon chart via a macro instead of having to edit the Library by hand. I have some commonly appearing Xeno weaponry that isn't statted in the official books that's been obnoxious to hand input on every token I use them on.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

That's good to hear! And thanks!
Request noted, in the mean time you could make use of the excel sheet and import the xenos wpns that way!
If you can't figure out how to import update the xls and send it t me.

MARVIN THE ARVN
Kobold

Post by MARVIN THE ARVN »

Wolph,

Awesome work, I was using my own very very basic maptool setup to run my DH campaign. After finding your creation I decided to give it ago and I can say its very good....

But in the 2 sessions me and my new group have used it we have noticed a couple of bugs/issues I will mention them all just in case I miss one but I realise some of these have already been mentioned.

FYI im using version 1.1.

1-In the show sheet section the skills become unaligned and have the incorrect description once you start to add skills.
2-When you make a skill test via the sheet you cannot add modifiers.
3-Adding new/upgraded weapons via the macro doesnt always seem to work, we just modify the libary direct.
4-The explosive critical hit table is not aligned to the damage macro as one uses explosive and one uses explosion, in my own file I have changed the spellings so they align and work correctly.
5-The show range macro doesnt seem to work on weapons with a longe range.
6-The heavy bolter has a range of 20 when its actually 120.
7-When ive created tokens with a stat with a mod of x2 the stat bonus doesnt change and to get around this ive changed the coding in the token.

If I remeber anymore of come across others I will post.

Keep up the good work!!!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Mucho thanks for the input.

Some of your bugs I've discovered as well, and more. I have again started working on the FW again, but at an agonizingly slow rate. The little time that I have I need to prepare to new campaigns of my two groups, who managed to round of both campaigns at roughly the same time...
Currently working on redoing skills... again... I've changed them first from json to regex method, but its just too buggy so now back to json again. Skill functions are however dispersed through a LOT of code so mucho work there.
When thats done Im gonna eat through the buglists.

Again thanks! and keep m comming (well hopefully not obviously, but If you find more bugs, plz post)

ah yes and thnx for the tail feathers (compliments) good fuel to keep on going :mrgreen:

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

well work has finally started, already finished the MEGA overhaul of rewriting all skill related functions from regex to json. Also done quite a few bugs and am currently reading up into the reports:
Limba Pasarilor wrote:Couple of things I've encountered in the non-beta version:
Using an off-hand weapon with the Ambidextrous talent still seems to return a -10 penalty to hit.
Is any of this fixed in the beta?
isn't that correct? In my understanding you get a -20 for off-hand and a -10 with ambi. You can get it downto 0 with another talent, but I don't have the book here. I do know that in the errata they've spend a long article on all combat skills.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

The following bug reports I can't reproduce so please give an step by step example and I dig into it (there is the possibility that my current dabbling has accidentally solved the problem, though I doubt it):
When ive created tokens with a stat with a mod of x2 the stat bonus doesnt change and to get around this ive changed the coding in the token.
When editing a weapon manually, selecting the weapon die causes it to double the d modifier - so 1d10 becomes 1dd10.
Adding new/upgraded weapons via the macro doesnt always seem to work, we just modify the libary direct.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

And here it finally is, please check the above posts (or the bug report in the first one) for some questions concerning bugs reported in this topic!!

Release 1.3 (17 june 10):
Major
  • created a token properties parser (campaign macro: 'set token properties') with this you can paste whole descriptions into a box and the system will retrieve stats, skills, talents etc. from it. Currently in beta stage
  • rewrote complete skill system from a regex based method to a hybrid version (json/regex), to get less error messages and better functionality
THIS MEANS THAT YOU CANT USE TOKENS CREATED IN AN EARLIER VERSION! it might work if you delete the skills and weapons and recreate them for those tokens

Minor
  • updated charactersheet pop-ups with page and source
  • updated skill format on the charactersheet
  • fixed bug when equipping one handed weapon while unarmed
  • fixed couple of bugs in use psychic powers (well, and phenom table)
  • fixed bug with tooltip on skills in sheet
  • updated weapons, skills and talent tables
  • added 'source' to talent pick list
  • aim action was not remembered
  • attacking with a mono weapon got you 'untrained' even if you are
  • some typos
  • added 'unarmed attack' to initiation of a token
  • pistols have now more upgrade options
  • added attack bonus to weapon library
  • attack bonusses due to upgrades are now implemented
  • purged whole item database from (chokes system) and consequently updated whole library (left them for the main part in the descriptions)
  • system now asks for modifier when using skill from sheet
  • renamed 'explosion' to 'explosive' critical damage in tables and hopefully also in all places of the macros where it shows up
  • updated range and suppress auras with current weapon ranges (which is quite interesting for a MP Lascannon range: 500)
  • heavy bolter range is now 120

Tairneanach
Kobold

Post by Tairneanach »

Wolph,

First of all, thanks for the great job you're doing here. You're making my life as a GM so much easier.

However, I did find a few bugs with your latest version 1.3b:

- Some of the basic skills don't seem to update correctly when I change them. They just stay at 1/2. I noticed this with Deceive and Evaluate, though there might be more. To get this bug, simply drag a new token onto the map, klick on "skills", then set one of those skills to either 0 or 10 (didn't check if this happens with 20), then check the skill in question in the sheet or try and use make a skill check. It'll be a t 1/2. To avoid this bug, I had to set the skills to 1/2 manually, then set them to 0 or 10.

- Sometimes, advanced skills don't load correctly - they'll be missing their linked characteristic and the trained indicator. To recreate, see above, but I only tried this with setting the skill to 0. Removing and readding the skill usually gets the skill to be loaded normally.

- This is not a bug, but an error: Command isn't a basic skill in my core rulebook.

By the way: Ambidextrous completely negates the -20 malus for using the offhand on its own. The -10 thing is when using it with Two-Weapon Wielder. Usually, an attack with both weapons at the same time would net a -20 for each attack. Ambidextrous drops this to -10.

Anyway, you're doing a great job. Thanks!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

well.. this is annoying, I can't reproduce one of your findings:
- Some of the basic skills don't seem to update correctly when I change them. They just stay at 1/2. I noticed this with Deceive and Evaluate, though there might be more. To get this bug, simply drag a new token onto the map, klick on "skills", then set one of those skills to either 0 or 10 (didn't check if this happens with 20), then check the skill in question in the sheet or try and use make a skill check. It'll be a t 1/2. To avoid this bug, I had to set the skills to 1/2 manually, then set them to 0 or 10.
I dragged a token to the field. clicked show sheet. Clicked skills. set deceive to 0, set Evaluate to 10 and set dodge to 20. clicked show sheet again (cause currently it doesnt update the sheet automatically...might this be the 'bug'?). and all 3 skills were updated!

as for the rest:
- Sometimes, advanced skills don't load correctly - they'll be missing their linked characteristic and the trained indicator. To recreate, see above, but I only tried this with setting the skill to 0. Removing and readding the skill usually gets the skill to be loaded normally.
ok on the same token I clicked choose skills. set the following skills to 0: Acrobatics, Blather, common lore, demolition, invocation, . for common lore i chose war. clicked show sheet again. and it seems that adv skill AFTER a 'group' skills (common lore) aren't added correctly. Will fix this.
- This is not a bug, but an error: Command isn't a basic skill in my core rulebook.
hmm it is in mine... and I checked the errata (3.0) and its not mentioned in there... I've had this problem more often with other rules as well. Im a bit unsure how to deal with this. For now im gonna leave it like it is.
By the way: Ambidextrous completely negates the -20 malus for using the offhand on its own. The -10 thing is when using it with Two-Weapon Wielder. Usually, an attack with both weapons at the same time would net a -20 for each attack. Ambidextrous drops this to -10.
indeed, will fix this.

Tairneanach
Kobold

Post by Tairneanach »

I did some further testing:
wolph42 wrote:well.. this is annoying, I can't reproduce one of your findings:

I dragged a token to the field. clicked show sheet. Clicked skills. set deceive to 0, set Evaluate to 10 and set dodge to 20. clicked show sheet again (cause currently it doesnt update the sheet automatically...might this be the 'bug'?). and all 3 skills were updated!
This bug seems to show up if I edit too many skills at once, for the most part. Deceive and Dodge seem to be prone to it, but I can't give you a surefire way to reproduce it anymore. Try to update more than five skills at a time, maybe you'll get the error.

It can be easily remedied by just setting the skill again, which works almost always. And it's not the sheet not updating automatically either. I noticed that on my own. ;)

ok on the same token I clicked choose skills. set the following skills to 0: Acrobatics, Blather, common lore, demolition, invocation, . for common lore i chose war. clicked show sheet again. and it seems that adv skill AFTER a 'group' skills (common lore) aren't added correctly. Will fix this.
Also, Survival seems to update correctly only when I select no other skills. Wrangling may be the same, but this might also be related to group skills.
hmm it is in mine... and I checked the errata (3.0) and its not mentioned in there... I've had this problem more often with other rules as well. Im a bit unsure how to deal with this. For now im gonna leave it like it is.
I've got to appologise for this! It's basic in the skills section (both in the summary and the detailed description), but it isn't listed with the other basic skills on the character sheet, which was the only thing I checked. Silly me. That's most likely a mistake on the sheet, so no need to change this.

I also found out how to reproduce the "dd10" bug in your bug reports: Select any natural weapon, then try and edit it. I'm not entirely sure if you absolutely have to edit the damage dice or if it's enough to just open the edit window, but after closing the window, the damage is listed as "dd10" and the weapon ceases to work correctly: It suddenly gets the malus for not having a weapon training talent (most likely because there's no way to declare a weapon as "natural" in the edit window) and whenever it does hit, I'm asked to assign a damage value as the dice aren't rolled anymore (likely due to being "dd10" instead of "d10"). The bonus damage from strength and whatever damage is added to the diceroll for the weapon itself still works, though.

Which reminds me: the values for the natural weapons "Barbed Tongue", "Bite" and "Shredding Beaks" in the core book are most likely with the SB already added, i.e. they deal too much damage in the framework. I think the correct values should be:
Barbed Tongue: 1d10+1 R
Bite: 1d10+2 R
Shredding Beaks: 1d10+2 R

This is based on that the melee weapons of other characters have their SB already added in the descriptions too.

Oh, and I just remembered: Could you somehow include traits on the sheet, please? I guess it's complicated to make them actually influence rolls and such, but I'd like to at least be able to see them on the sheet with a link to what they do. The way it is now, they do absolutely nothing.

Thanks again for your work!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ok I fixed everything except:
Well maybe I've unintentionally did, but I could not recreate the bug. I've tested update skill with 15 skill updates, everything worked.
I do have updated the skill function so maybe this problem is now fixed as well.... let me know if it isn't

build log for build 2:
  • added "add new weapon to library" function
  • fixed bugs in skill (update went wrong)
  • fixed fatigue bug in states function (clear all states did nothing with fatique)
  • offhand penalty with ambidextrous talent is set to 0 (when using 1 weapon)
  • updated natural weapons
  • fixed dd10 bug after edtiting a weapon
  • fixed "edit armour" through "manage my armour" button

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”