[Dragon Age]: Dragon Age RPG v1.1 (STABLE)

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
nortonweb
Cave Troll

Re: Dragon Age: RPG Framework [STABLE v1.1]

Post by nortonweb »

Framework aside I have to say that example image posted back in Jan with the blurred out character sheet and the focused in section is well nifty :)

Arimmus
Cave Troll

Post by Arimmus »

This is my version of the framework ( Mind you still has a few known issues that i am trying to work out)
http://www.mediafire.com/?cln98i721nacahq

known Issues:
Lib:Test randomly appears on Map of Fereldan and I have no idea why.
Healing Macro does not show other players the text stating they were healed.
If the token falls to 0 while it is active and has the initiative it will not change to Object layer.

Special thanks to
Tr for his GM toolbar
Plothos for his inventory system
Lindsey for the tools given
And Daelkyr For starting this framework base...

If you happen to know how to fix the bugs above and have any new ones to report please let me know....

nightfall2021
Kobold

Post by nightfall2021 »

Hey guys,

I just moved away from all of my friends, and it seems the only way I can play with them still is to use MapTools. It is an awesome set of software, and it makes me wish I was more html savvy to make macros.

The Dragon Age Framework seems to perfect for my needs with my group, but I am having problems using it. Followed the instructions, started a new map using the framework. However I seem to have a Java error. I downloaded the latest updates but it still does not let me get the list of macros and stuff.

Can someone be kind enough to hit me with a step by step process for getting this to work?

Thank you, and good gaming!

Arimmus
Cave Troll

Post by Arimmus »

I know this has been kind of on the back burner for a long time and now I think I have it 90% complete. I want to thank my players for putting up with the constant changes to the framework while I toyed around with new ideas and allowing me to work out all the problems. This is something that I did not create, however I have worked on and Improved some of the features so that over time i call it something of my own , but the real credit goes to Daelkyr For the base Framework.
I thank Voltang For the Calender Function on the toolbar and I want to thank toyrobots For the Toolbar base functionality ( Modified for dragon age). Lets not Forget lindsey Who Created the Teleport and Whisper functions as well!

***NEW STUFF***
The Buttons on the toolbar now work 100% and will do everything the gm needs ( The Add to init button does not show any dialogue, it rolls the init based off 3d6 and adds it straight to the init board, great for adding multiple tokens without bonus or penalties)
The GM Box ( The Macro is called Encounter sheet under the Campaign Macros) has some nice feature to it, such as a weather table, a random encounter table, Spell Library, Auto Kill Function ( the make them dead link) Gambled Crits ( If you use the triple 6 roll equal uber crit house rule), The Summon Players for those that use the teleport pad, The FYU Table ( As seen in Beta Playtest) A gm only view d100 roll ( You never know) A random 3d6 die roll button ( Useful for non token npc rolls) a random d6 roller( Useful for whatever) And few other bits of fun for the gm to see ( The WTF???? and the No button)

Health is auto calculated after an attack roll is made, There is no need for a player to subtract their health after being hit by a normal ranged or melee attack.
If the Die roll is 15 or higher, the word CRIT is displayed rather than hit or miss.
Any time a doble is rolled on an attack roll, the word STUNT is displayed for those to see.
NPC Final Attack result is hidden from player view.
Keep track of Healing Kits and other expendable items with ease
Experience Tracker is added
Roll up Random Characters with the Random Character button ( Found on both PC and NPC)
Probably more that I added, But can't really think of it at this time, I should have made a change log for each thing I did... Oh well, I am sure there is more, ANy questions Fell free to message me about them, I should get back to you very shortly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ipp4y97s304h2vp

SoupViking
Kobold

Post by SoupViking »

Good stuff. I thank you and everyone else for your work.

I would like to report and error when trying to add equipment: Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal

Typhus
Kobold

Re: [Dragon Age]: Dragon Age RPG v1.1 (STABLE)

Post by Typhus »

Hello there!
First of all, thank you for this great Framework!

Will there be any further support for this Framework? Maybe including seetings for the specilizations from set 2 and other stuff?

Greetings Typhus

Arimmus
Cave Troll

Post by Arimmus »

Its been a long time since I have made any post about this haven't I? I blame green ronin and bioware for that since I am still waiting on set three before i work anymore on this. Some things that are coming I promise!
First off Preset NPC tokens with changing tokens. Since I am a fan of the top down I am making it so that tokens have three states: Combat, Idle, dead. Players and GMs can swap between all three if need be (dead will auto switch when death has come)
Complete rulesets that are Cannon (IE everything that is from green ronin)
Just waiting on green Ronin at this time for that.

Otu Grapes
Kobold

Post by Otu Grapes »

Hi all,

Running b.86 (but have tried this in b89 with the same problems.)

I seem to be getting a stack overflow every time I create a server. I can't click on the pre-gen'ed characters without getting the message. When anyone joins my server they get the same problem. Essentially, the framework isn't working.

Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

As an aside (maybe), I can't run Map Tools from the .exe file. Instead, I have to run it through the .jar file for it to open. If I try to open it in the .exe, nothing happens. I don't know if those two things are related. Would love a solution for this.

fantasmamore
Kobold

Post by fantasmamore »

I created all my characters and all the monsters from the first set and, I have to say, it's really simple to use/update their stats during the game. A million thanks to the guy that put all that effort to create the framework, you are really amazing!
However, as I only started using maptools two days ago, there are a few things that I don't seem to understand (and I am quite sure that the solution is quite simple but, as I said, I am a newbie...). So, I have this "Lib:Test" item with very interesting macros, such as "ShowStandardStunts". Now, how does this work? Do I have to copy the macro somewhere? I tried to copy it on the "Selection Window" with my warrior selected, but I get this message:  Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h       Statement Body : stunts = getLibProperty("StandardStunts")

I wonder if someone is kind enough to help me!
Again, thanks a lot! You upgraded my gaming experience!

fantasmamore
Kobold

Post by fantasmamore »

Nevermind, I found it, it was the small red icon on the bottom of my character sheet. As with everything else, you made it so easy! :lol:

kingpin000
Cave Troll

Post by kingpin000 »

Where exactly can I update the Stunt lists?

Iokua
Kobold

Post by Iokua »

I just got this Framework and got to say its one of my favorites easy to use, just simply amazing i was wondering if any of you have a Token pack to use with this framework (i have limited access to the internet so making my own is next to impossible).

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”