[nWoD] exhominem'a Character Sheet Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Glock-9mm
Giant

Re: nWoD Character Sheet Framework

Post by Glock-9mm »

Would you be able to make available your NPC tokens?
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

Pyro-Tech
Cave Troll

Post by Pyro-Tech »

Glock-9mm wrote:Would you be able to make available your NPC tokens?

Which tokens are you talking about??

If your referring to the one's that are already within the campaign files, then all you have to do is save the individual tokens to a file.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

The NPC you migrated from the Chicargo book.

I had a look round the Framework but they werent there.

the Wicked Templates were though :)
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Pyro-Tech
Cave Troll

Post by Pyro-Tech »

Fyi...it wasn't me that did it. Not my framework. I just didn't remember seeing anything about npc's.

Would be cool to have though.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Glock-9mm wrote:The NPC you migrated from the Chicargo book.

Oh hey, ya, that was me. :) RL has been busy but I'll see if I can figure out the best way to post them. Probably in a campaign file as I didn't have time to right-click everyone and save them as a .rptok (be nice to have a save-all tokens command!)

I seem to have a dozen of so framework files to go through. Between working on the new framework, my personal WoD game, a friends Hunter game, things got a little scattered. Need to do some housecleaning...
-Jamz

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Schweet, In a cmpn file will be fine, Im more than happy to go through and save them 1 at a time, Means I can order them how I want :)

Glock (Who though he was going insane! lol)
JamzTheMan wrote:
Glock-9mm wrote:The NPC you migrated from the Chicargo book.

Oh hey, ya, that was me. :) RL has been busy but I'll see if I can figure out the best way to post them. Probably in a campaign file as I didn't have time to right-click everyone and save them as a .rptok (be nice to have a save-all tokens command!)

I seem to have a dozen of so framework files to go through. Between working on the new framework, my personal WoD game, a friends Hunter game, things got a little scattered. Need to do some housecleaning...
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

OK, finally cleaned up my campaign files and ported all my Chicago NPC's to the new framework. They are grouped by "Type" (Mage, Werewolf, Vampire) on each it's own map. Then by Group/Family/Covenent/Etc (it multiple, then by leader's type). And each grouped & labeled in it's own Pack or mage group.

They are partially stat'd (Basic stats, no supernal powers) and ready to be used with the sheets as it is so far. The full statblock is in the GM notes for reference and to "update" one the sheet comes further along to include disciplines, arcana, gifts, etc.

The main reason I did it this way (outside of easily able to grab an NPC for a map) was for Player Reference. I would hide/show the tokens based on which NPC's the PC's have met and know their affilation as it were. With over 100 NPC's, it's a lot to track! So be mindful of the visibility, I did not reset them so PC's may or may not see certain ones.)

http://www.nerps.net/maptool/nWoD_Framework_BETA.zip
v.8 - Created in 1.3b75
-Jamz

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Cheers Jamz, They work really well.

I have started to export them into there own folders to manage from there but its a real help/start for my new game :)

Keep up the super work, we who play/run WOD appreciate it :)
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Glock-9mm wrote:Cheers Jamz, They work really well.

I have started to export them into there own folders to manage from there but its a real help/start for my new game :)

Keep up the super work, we who play/run WOD appreciate it :)
Thanks. The sheer amount of tokens has really made me want to dive into the JAVA code and see if I can make a "save all tokens on map" file menu. Just have way to many other things going on.

It would even be nice if each token could be "remembered" where it was saved, ie, if you went one by one and saved each token to a directory, you could to a "File, Save All" and have it update all the tokens again.
-Jamz

qschilling
Kobold

Post by qschilling »

I tinkered with the macro for dice rolling and made a few improvements to account for Dice rolling rules in the basic book. I changed the choice for number of dice to a radio button selection from 1-15 dice, and added the "Target Number" choice as per the book. I did tinker with the colors, so if you don't like it, you can change it back, but the other options are pretty useful.

Code: Select all

[h: inputString="numDice|1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15| How many dice to roll?|RADIO|ORIENT=H VALUE=STRING"]
    [h: inputString2="againDice|10,9,8|Roll again on|RADIO|ORIENT=H VALUE=STRING"]
    [h: inputString3="targetDice|8,9,10|Target Number|RADIO|ORIENT=H VALUE=STRING"]
    [h: status=input(inputString,inputString2,inputString3)]
    [h: abort(status)]

[h: diceArray='[]']
    [h: i=0]
    [h, while(i <numDice), CODE:{
    [h: theRoll=1d10]

[h: diceArray=json.append(diceArray,theRoll)]
    [h, IF(theRoll<againDice): i=i+1]
    }]

[h: numSuccess=0]
    [h: numFail=0]
    [count(json.length(diceArray)), CODE:{
    [h: thedie=json.get(diceArray,roll.count)]
    [h,IF(thedie >=targetDice),CODE:{
       [h: numSuccess=numSuccess+1]
       [h: color='blue']
    }]
    [h,IF(thedie ==1),CODE:{
       [h: numFail=numFail+1]
       [h: color='red']
    }]
    [h,IF((thedie>=2)&&(thedie<targetDice)), CODE:{
       [h: color='green']
    }]
    <font color=[r: color]> [r: thedie] </font>

}]
    (Success: <font color='blue'>[r: numSuccess]</font> , Fail: <font color='red'> [r: numFail] </font>)

qschilling
Kobold

Post by qschilling »

I've been working on the nWoD Dice macro some more, The How many dice rolled input section is now a drop down box from 1 to 20, Added an additional option for "Automatic Additional Successes" and changed the colors back to respect the original creators.

My next plan is to go over the code and clean it up using the thread regarding "Tooltip Problem" which covers making the details an HTML tooltip. I also plan on rewriting this macro to account for the option of "Rote Actions" listed on page 134 of the WoD Book. Eventually when the framework is more stable, I want to create a macro that you choose the Attribute then Skill and it makes the calculations for you, including the penalty for 0 in a skill. This is mainly for my H:TV game but I believe everyone should benefit.

Code: Select all

[h: inputString="numDice|1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20| How many dice to roll?|LIST|   VALUE=STRING"]
    [h: inputString2="againDice|10,9,8|Roll Again Number|RADIO|ORIENT=H VALUE=STRING"]
    [h: inputString3="targetDice|8,9,10|Target Number|RADIO|ORIENT=H VALUE=STRING"]
    [h: inputString4="addSuccess|0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20| Additional Successes|LIST|   VALUE=STRING"]
    [h: status=input(inputString,inputString2,inputString3,inputString4)]
    [h: abort(status)]

[h: diceArray='[]']
    [h: i=0]
    [h, while(i <numDice), CODE:{
    [h: theRoll=1d10]

[h: diceArray=json.append(diceArray,theRoll)]
    [h, IF(theRoll<againDice): i=i+1]
    }]

[h: numSuccess=0]
    [h: numFail=0]
    [count(json.length(diceArray)), CODE:{
    [h: thedie=json.get(diceArray,roll.count)]
    [h,IF(thedie >=targetDice),CODE:{
       [h: numSuccess=numSuccess+1]
       [h: color='blue']
    }]
    [h,IF(thedie ==1),CODE:{
       [h: color='red']
    }]
    [h,IF((thedie>=2)&&(thedie<targetDice)), CODE:{
       [h: color='black']
    }]
    <font color=[r: color]> [r: thedie] </font>

}]
    (Success: <font color='blue'>[r: numSuccess+addSuccess]</font> , Fail: <font color='red'> [r: numFail] </font>)

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Looks good so far. Can I suggest maybe storing the "drop down value" in a lib token? So you could roll, say 6 dice over and over without having to reselect? Dunno, may be personal preference and some may not like it, just a thought. But for extended tests it could be handy.

I would say, add rule in for Chance die, but that's probably just better to be it's own "Chance it!" macro since there is no options needed.

And if you are doing H:tV, maybe put in logic to display Exception successes when count => 5 or =>3 if WP risked?

And if you are feeling really bored, maybe a seperate "Extended Tests" macro (or subsection of current macro) would be cool? Like adding the parameter of Time and threshold (if you know it a head of time) and it could do x rolls where successes reach threshold and/or x=dice pool and spit out how long the action took and/or successes per time interval. (ie "You fixed the car in 3 hours (15 successes in 3 rolls)" or "15 Minutes: 1 success, 30 Minutes, 3 successes, 45 minutes, 5 successes" or something to that effect).

Keep up the good work and I'll add it to the campaign file as you update the macro. Feel free use Wolph's "export macro" code and post that (then it'll include the button details). I've included is library in the campaign already.
-Jamz

qschilling
Kobold

Post by qschilling »

Looks good so far. Can I suggest maybe storing the "drop down value" in a lib token? So you could roll, say 6 dice over and over without having to reselect? Dunno, may be personal preference and some may not like it, just a thought. But for extended tests it could be handy.

I would say, add rule in for Chance die, but that's probably just better to be it's own "Chance it!" macro since there is no options needed.

And if you are doing H:tV, maybe put in logic to display Exception successes when count => 5 or =>3 if WP risked?

And if you are feeling really bored, maybe a seperate "Extended Tests" macro (or subsection of current macro) would be cool? Like adding the parameter of Time and threshold (if you know it a head of time) and it could do x rolls where successes reach threshold and/or x=dice pool and spit out how long the action took and/or successes per time interval. (ie "You fixed the car in 3 hours (15 successes in 3 rolls)" or "15 Minutes: 1 success, 30 Minutes, 3 successes, 45 minutes, 5 successes" or something to that effect).

Keep up the good work and I'll add it to the campaign file as you update the macro. Feel free use Wolph's "export macro" code and post that (then it'll include the button details). I've included is library in the campaign already.
So far, this is a generic rolling tool, so storing a drop down value in a token might be less useful then you think. Right now, this function has good "portability". However, once a macro is created to handle Attributes, and Skills for example I can see the need to "root" it for ease of use.

As for the chance die, until an attribute/skill macro is created, it's own macro would be better.

For the exceptional successes, if you look, the greater then 5 is actually in the core book as well. but I believe adding an option for "Exceptional Success Threshold" wouldn't be that difficult. it's just a matter of putting in another input option and handling the accompanying text with the die results.

What's the word on the character sheet progress? last time I checked it wasn't fully functional. Once that's in place I can work on integrating it into the dice macros...

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

It's slowing progressing. Fixed some bugs last night and working on the supernal powers thing. I have to fix armor to as well.

Also, FYI: Attribute & Skill rolling IS macro'd already on the sheet. Clicking an Attribute allows you to select another Attribute (say, Wits+Composure) and clicking a Skill allows you to select an Attribute. I didn't code it but it seems to work just fine.

It maybe could use some tweaking or streamlining, feel free to tackle it.
-Jamz

qschilling
Kobold

Post by qschilling »

hmmm.. I think I may have been playing with an extremely old version, I only saw the nWoD Framework 0_4_1.cmpgn, and just now noticed you have a link to "nWoD_Framework_BETA.zip" i'll get back to you on that.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”