Warhammer Quest Framework (1.6)

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
khorne
Cave Troll

Re: Warhammer Quest Framework (1.4)

Post by khorne »

There were pretty BIG expansions on White Dwarf... are you planning to implement them as well? Do you need a hand?

Byez

Jade
Giant

Post by Jade »

Oh, I'll probably add them eventually, but only after I finish working on the stuff I already have in the framework. I've got a long list of what needs to be done with the framework. Anyone who's interested in helping with that would be welcome.

khorne
Cave Troll

Re: Warhammer Quest Framework

Post by khorne »

RedDog wrote:I've looked at skester's frame work before...it's keyed more to DMed games, which is cool.

It's too bad more people haven't chimed in on this thread, but I guess its not too surprising. The funny thing about WHQ is that either you are just not all that interested....or you are a complete fanatic. :)
I just think that many haven't tried it. Period

Gamerdude
Cave Troll

Post by Gamerdude »

Ok, maybe I missed it but - I'm trying to add this FW to the master directory and well... I can't find any links to it in the thread.

Am I just loosing my mind or has my eyesight gone out? :shock:
Al B. USAF RET.
*Chief Organizer and Bottle Washer - 'User Creations' Forum*

MT Framework Directory **LISTING** (UPDT 2012-02-10)

Jade
Giant

Post by Jade »

I've not published the campaign file publicly because of the litigious nature of GW. However, anyone who is interested in a copy of it can contact me.

vkn
Kobold

Post by vkn »

Jade wrote:I've not published the campaign file publicly because of the litigious nature of GW. However, anyone who is interested in a copy of it can contact me.
Pretty please, check your inbox. :wink:

Ninjagazz
Kobold

Post by Ninjagazz »

Is this still active and are the files still available?
I'm new to rptools and have been putting together a very basic (decks are the only thing I am currently trying to automate) framework for WQ I have all of the cards, tokens, floor plans etc, loaded into maptools and have created tables for all the decks.
My only problem is stopping the deck tables drawing the same card multiple times, I would love to see how you implemented the decks in your framework and would really like to try it out if it's available, sounds allot more comprehensive than anything I would be able to create.

Thanks

Gazz

Jade
Giant

Post by Jade »

I haven't worked on it much lately, but I still occasionally tinker with it, and I'm still around.

Ninjagazz
Kobold

Post by Ninjagazz »

Glad you are still about, I have a campaign file someone else set up a long time ago but it seems to be for a specific scenario, what you are working on seems allot more like (and better than) what I am attempting.
I understand why you don't want to post the file knowing what GW are like but would it possible to get a look at your work via private message/email?

butanootz74
Kobold

Post by butanootz74 »

I too am very interested in this framework,I just started getting into Warhammer Quest and having loads of fun with it on MT,however it can be very tedious w/o the proper automation.

Jade
Giant

Post by Jade »

So, I am no longer actively developing this framework, because I have not played it in a while.

For those interested in the framework, here are a few important notes:
1. It is unfinished. While I work hard to squash the bugs I find, new ones are always popping up, and I'm sure there are many more I haven't yet found. Occasionally, I'll run across a game-breaking bug. Usually in these cases it's a quick fix, but if you find one and don't understand the code behind the framework, it could be a problem. Additionally, not everything the game should have is implemented, or implemented fully—there's lots of work left to be done.
2. It is not user-friendly, period. Many things are automated, some things are not, and the framework often doesn't tell you which is going on. It uses macros heavily and it may not always be clear when to use which macro for what. Part of this is related to issue #1, above, but the framework was primarily designed for my own use. I had planned to make it more user-friendly when it was close to complete. It is not there yet.
3. It was designed on b69. I have not thoroughly tested it on a more recent build. Because I already constantly run into bugs, I chose not to port it to every new build. My original plan was to port it to the "final" build of MT 1.3 (which still hasn't quite come out yet) when that was out. So it may or may not all work well on a later build.
4. It requires a stack size of 6 (I'm pretty sure). Early on, I decided I wanted as few extraneous macros as possible. That was probably a poor design choice in retrospect, but I'm not going to spent the time changing it when I could spend that time fixing bugs and implementing new features. Sorry.
5. Give it at least 512MB max mem space, minimum. I give it a gig.

I've posted this onto the initial post. I'm going to follow this post with one last release note. The framework is currently at version 1.4.7.

Jade
Giant

Post by Jade »

I'm going to call this one 1.5, even though it's not really a major release.

New Features/Increased Implementation/etc.:
Since 1.4b6:
*Added ranged/thrown damage macro to Monsters
*It is now possible to roll only on the monster table from the Event Deck, and objective room monster rolls can be made automatically
*The Noble skills "Disarm" and "Dagger" are now implemented
*Added Noble "Quick Load", "Quick Draw", "Death-Lunge", "Duellist", "Crack Shot", "Marksman", "Find Weakness", & "Retorts" skills
*Added Pit Fighter "Kick", "Quick Medication" & "Intimidate" skills
*Added Halfling "Roll with blow", "Avoid Trap", "Treasure Hunter", "Sharp Ears", "Destiny", "Distract", "Move Silently" skills
*Added Wardancer "Fearless Warrior", "Spirit of the Wood", "Woven Mist", "Deathdealer" skills
*Better "concealed blade" support
*Added UDF for easy comma-inclusive display of variable numbers in the thousands
*Added support for shop price variables, and shops now charge what they should in some exceptional scenarios
*Added support for third-party healing
*Slight improvement to the way Use Skill works; now supports skills requiring levels
*Added Armour of Fortune, Book of Arcane Knowledge and Orb of Might
*Limited settlement visits to 1 location/settlement
*Healing items and spells now heal directly
*Created a tooltip function for cleaner display of tooltips
*Incorporated Wand of Jade directly into spellcasting macro
*Initial support for recognition of individual journeying speeds [not sure how to proceed with this, though]
*Pit Fighter can now visit the Fletcher
*Added some basic Sneaky Git Macros
*Added poison support to the damage macro
*Initial automation of Journeying [This has mostly been abandoned for now]
*Added support for petrification
*Event Deck now notifies players of Sneaky Git factor
*Integrated Brooch of Power into Cast Spell macro
*Added note for Hammer of Sigmar ignoring armour
*Added support for Rune of Death
*Added support for 'going into hiding' (Pit Fighter uneventful roll 2)
*Added Elf Master Craftsman to Elf Quarter
*Implemented Tablet of Adain
*Automated stone block trap recovery
*Wrote code enabling automation of the Dam/Heal macro
*Added support for the Hellfire Sword

Bugfixes (note: some of these may have been introduced since 1.4):
*Fixed ammo bug tied to complicated weapon names
*Changed Fur Cloak into shield (as it should be), instead of layered armour
*Fixed a damage macro bug preventing Parry from working
*Fixed some bugs with the Noble's "Swordmaster" skill being applied when it shouldn't
*Fixed bug where nobles were not receiving improved pinning when leveling
*Fixed bug where Animal Trader was not displaying purchases
*Fixed "Cry of Vengeance" bug
*Really fixed kitchen bug
*Fixed a bug in Alchemist's laboratory
*Fixed typo in onCampaignLoad
*Fixed bugs in Gambling House
*Fixed errors in Plague Priest token
*Fixed minor error in Assign Magic Weapon macro
*Fixed major bugs in Monster Magic Item macro
*Fixed a bug in damage macro preventing Chaos Armour from working
*Book of Arcane Knowledge is now properly integrated into equipment macro
*Fixed bug draining wizard staff at the end of every dungeon
*Fixed Runesmith cost at Dwarf Guildmasters
*Fixed availability display at Dwarf Guildmasters

Known bugs:
*Ignoring specific amounts of armour currently will not eliminate bonuses from shields. (only relevant for heroes)—ignoring all armour will still ignore shields, however
*Trollslayer not getting XP for selling treasure (Need to get XP for Treasure, not for Purchasable Items)
*The Damage Macro treats "Duck and Dodge" as "Dodge".

Lots of stuff still isn't implemented.

I may eventually get around to doing more work on this, but don't expect another release anytime in the next year or two.

Jade
Giant

Re: Warhammer Quest Framework (1.5)

Post by Jade »

So, Kinks has started working on the framework, which has gotten me interested again. Work continues afoot! You can probably expect 1.6 to come out in the next few months, or maybe weeks. Many improvements and bugfixes ahead!

Resnig
Kobold

Re: Warhammer Quest Framework (1.5)

Post by Resnig »

Now this I would be interested in. I'm new to Maptool, but I started work on a basic quest module in Vassal. If you've already done one, I would certainly be interested in having a look :)

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”