[Call of Cthulhu] Cthulhu Base v5.6 Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
brad
Great Wyrm

Re: Call of Cthulhu v5.6 Framework

Post by brad »

Version 1.5 is up.

Added Resistance Table.
Added a Whisper macro that remembers who you are talking to.
Added Plothos's Inventory Manager.

Upcoming will be the spell builder and shortcuts. Then adding in the default inventory for weapons and armor for the 1920's. Then make a better generic dice roller. At that point I think I can call it v2.0. Meaning not perfect, but good enough to play with. Then just tinkering here and there to add stuff that would be nice to have.

Any suggestions besides those listed, before going v2.0? Or suggestions for after that point?
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

And when I make it v2.0, I will make a couple video tutorials showing how everything works.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Version 1.6 is out.

All the stuff for spells is in there now. Creator, modifier, shortcut assigner, and caster. Also, marking or ticking skills, along with the ability to check all ticked skills for increases and applying those increases.

I think this version is ready for play. For convenience I am going to redesign the dice bag to be more friendly and program in 1920's weapons(and maybe a spell list) before naming it 2.0.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Just noticed the roll-up got broken along the way. Easy fix. Just a couple lines I forgot to delete. Will be working again in 1.7.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Version 2.0 is up. I believe this version is ready to play, but I won't be play testing it myself until the end of January. Please post any bugs you find or any new features you think would be useful.

Here are the changes from 1.6.

Fixed the character roll-up bug.

Started tinkering with a new dice bag, then realized Rumble already had what I needed with his DiceBox, so I just added it. Thanks Rumble!

Separated the "normal skills" and the 'weapon skills". Both for organization purposes and because it helped minimize the issue with adding new skills and the skills already linked with a created spell or weapon.

Added in an inventory of unarmed attacks and 1920's weapons.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

First tutorial is up. Deals with character roll-up and adding equipment and spells. Next one will deal with rolling.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Version 2.0.1.

When I split the skill list into a normal and weapon skill list, I didn't change the list name in the attack macro, so it was grabbing values from the normal list. Fixed.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Second tutorial is up.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Version 2.1

Added 2d6 shift as a third roll-up option. Gives more customization.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Version 2.2 up.

Changes
When manually changing Sanity Points there was an error. Fixed.

Some of the Hand to Hand and Muscle powered weapons in the inventory list had their Malfunction percentage put in as 0 instead of 101. Making the Malfunction all the time, rather then never. Fixed.

You will need to replace both the lib:gm token and import the new campaign properties to update a campaign file from a previous version.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Thanks for the plug in tut #1 :)
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Version 2.3 is up. Added distance reference list to attack macro. I makes no difference if you choose a token from the list. The number in front of the token is the distance to that token. Only tokens visible on the current screen are listed.

Hopefully this will cut down on the amount the measurement tool needs to be used and makes a quick reference for point blank and base distance that is listed in the attack macro for firearms. Scale your maps at 1 per hex/square/no grid and have that represent 1 yard and it will work out nice as distances are mostly in yards in Cthulhu.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Version 2.3.1 is up

Changes
  • Weapon Skills were not getting skill checks. Just the normal skills were. Fixed.
  • New macro button in Campaign Macros window. Input Characteristic Values. Just a list of all the Characteristics with their values that you can quick change. Realized that this was sorely missing to quick input NPC characteristics.
  • Changed UI for Sanity Roll with automatic Sanity Loss. Choosing the dice was just confusing the way I had it set up, so I simplified.

anzeloid
Kobold

Post by anzeloid »

Hi, this looks ridiculously good. But can I confirm what version of maptool is used for the tutorials? I can’t get the campaign file I downloaded to mirror the video with the latest version and if I use v1.3b66 I get an error upon opening the file.

Cheers.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

anzeloid wrote:Hi, this looks ridiculously good. But can I confirm what version of maptool is used for the tutorials? I can’t get the campaign file I downloaded to mirror the video with the latest version and if I use v1.3b66 I get an error upon opening the file.

Cheers.
Hi anzeloid! I just tested to make sure, but I can open the current framework, v2.3.1, in either 1.3b66(which it is built in) or 1.3b84. What differences in the video are you referencing and what error are you getting? For example, you do need to open maptool with a stack memory of 2 or you will get a stack overflow error.

The videos where shot in framework version v2.0.1, so there have been some changes. Appearance wise though, the changes are not big. A lot were bug fixes or minor functionality. Just follow this thread backwards to see my posts that give you that information.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”