AD&D 2nd Edition Campaign Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Snow
Kobold

AD&D 2nd Edition Campaign Framework

Post by Snow »

I have used the search tool but was unable to find anything related to AD&D 2nd Edition, let there be macros or complete framework, has anyone work on anything like this or is currently working?

Thank you in advance

quikdagger
Giant

Re: AD&D 2nd Edition Campaign Framework

Post by quikdagger »

Together with aliasmask I am working on getting a modification to the SpellDescriptions for the AD&D system. With Plothos' new "rulebook" class spell system I have been able to create a basic spell list for use in AD&D but it is not completed yet. I have Damage and Heal macros set up also and an AD&D basic token property file setup (includes things like THAC0, HP, Abilities, and the Saves but other than damage/heal I have nothing using the properties other than them being static.) Oh I do have an XP macro too that tracks the current XP of the token. This of course is all very basic but a work in progress nonetheless. :)

There is no actual AD&D framework and I also have been looking for one but since that doesn't seem to be something that the fabulous framework designers are planning I figured I'd start trying to build one. I, however, am not very good at coding and therefore am just trying to piece together various macros and stuff to make something that will at least semi-usable (with pen and paper next to you of course) but I can guarantee it will not be as fantastic as the other frameworks (unless of course assistance to the coding was given.)
RPGA#: 5223824963
Recruiting: World's Largest Dungeon
Camapign Session Summary Page
In Development: World of Deiradh
SkypeID:quikdagger
LFR Character:Malcrere Krylon (Human Pursuing Avenger 1)

Snow
Kobold

Post by Snow »

Can you share your work so far?

Also I will download a 3.5 framework and start modifying it to adapt it to 2nd edition. I have just download this program two days ago but I know a little about programing so I think I won't be having to many problems. But if you can upload what you have done so far it will help me a lot.

quikdagger
Giant

Post by quikdagger »

This is a very basic version so far has an attack macro based on weapon entries you input via an edit weapon macro. It has damage/heal macros and XP macro. It aslo has a character sheet with two pages...I am working on two more pages (NWP and Thievery Skills). The Spells are not done yet but I will post them when finished :)
Currently you have to impersonate the token in order to get the character sheet to view as I don't know how to make it show without "impersonate"
2nd edition.cmpgn
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 445 times

quikdagger
Giant

Post by quikdagger »

Alright got an update. Now working is Non-Weapon Proficiencies and Thievery Skills.
2nd edition(ver2).cmpgn
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 806 times

BrentRunningbear
Kobold

Post by BrentRunningbear »

Huh... what version of MapTools did you build this for?

I'm using 1.3.b84 (I think it's the patched version)

I had an error before but it didn't load up this time... however any time I try to check out Ceric's "Skills" or "Thievery" or "Saves" I get the following error in the chatwindow

Code: Select all

java.lang.NullPointerException error executing expression getTokenImage(100)

quikdagger
Giant

Post by quikdagger »

You have to impersonate the token.

BrentRunningbear
Kobold

Post by BrentRunningbear »

Ah alright, thank you.

Demiurge
Kobold

Post by Demiurge »

quikdagger wrote:Alright got an update. Now working is Non-Weapon Proficiencies and Thievery Skills.
2nd edition(ver2).cmpgn
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing your framework.
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

quikdagger
Giant

Post by quikdagger »

Glad you liked, I'll be slowly adding more things :)

Swash
Kobold

Post by Swash »

Well the 2nd edition(ver2).cmpgn is working out great!
I do however have one problem. I can't find the item database so I can edit/add items to the main database.
This would be most helpful when I'm adding the same items to several different characters.

Anyone have a clue on how to do this?
Or "where" the list items are hiding?

Morcant
Kobold

Post by Morcant »

Please keep us updated on your progress. Thank you for bringing 2nd edition to Maptools! :)

RickeySnakes
Kobold

Post by RickeySnakes »

This is AWESOME! I hope you plan on continuing updates for this!

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Post by Bone White »

As a big 2nd edition fan, I'm glad to see someone doing this. Although I'm too busy to actually give it a go currently, I'm keeping tabs on your progress .

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

When we played ADnD (and still do, occasionally) we used an individual initiative system (and maptool makes that even easier). I developed a very simple code for individual initiative to arrange initiatves in ascending instead of descending as appropriate. My code also accounts for the '10 count cap' method of initiative, meaning all actions happen between cycle 1 and 10, with all initiatives of 10 or higher coming at the very end on cycle 10, and all actions happening in the same cycle occuring simultaneously. Anyone interested in this initiative tracker, I've posted the code here so you can just copy and paste; it requires nothing specific except an entry for 'Initiative' on the character sheet, but of course that's easy to augment and get the stat from anywhere of your choosing:

Code: Select all

[h: roll=1d10]
[h: total=roll +Initiative]
[h: total=if(total<0,1,total)]
[h: addToInitiative()]

[h: rawk=if(total=="1","10.1","0")]
[h: rawk=if(total=="2","9.2",rawk)]
[h: rawk=if(total=="3","8.3",rawk)]
[h: rawk=if(total=="4","7.4",rawk)]
[h: rawk=if(total=="5","6.5",rawk)]
[h: rawk=if(total=="6","5.6",rawk)]
[h: rawk=if(total=="7","4.7",rawk)]
[h: rawk=if(total=="8","3.8",rawk)]
[h: rawk=if(total=="9","2.9",rawk)]
[h: rawk=if(total>=10,"1",rawk)]

[h: setInitiative(rawk)]
[h: sortInitiative()]
Notes:
1.) The initiative displays as one of ten initiatives; 10.1, 9.2, 8.3, 7.4, 6.5, 5.6, 4.7, 3.8, 2.9, 1. The first number is just for tracking so the sortfunction fires properly. The cycle counter is the decimal point, with "1" being cycle 10.
2.) The way this works is, everyone and every creature that has an initiative of 10.1 acts simultaneously as the first action in the combat. In this way, an enemy and a player could kill each other at the same time before the priest in 9.2 could even get a chance to heal them.
3.) "Cleanup" if you use any cleanup methods, such as multiple attacks occuring at the end of the round, come after count 1. (That's 1, not 10.1).

Instructions:
1.) Create a macro on a Lib:Token to call to, or simply past it right into your campaign macro panel.
2.) Create a token property called 'Initiative' where you place the combined speed/initiative-rating/adjustments for your characters' initiative rolls, or redefine the macro code here to use your own property location.
3.) Place the code into your macro that you recently created. (If you're using lib:token, I'm sure you already know how to call to it). Make sure to 'apply to selected' is checked.
4.) Select all creatures you're rolling initiative for (or select them individually and fire the macro X number of times) and press the macro. The rest is done for you.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”