L5R4e Legend of the Five Rings 4th Edition Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Microphone
Kobold

L5R4e Legend of the Five Rings 4th Edition Framework

Post by Microphone »

Hi all!

[UPDATE 6/2/11]!

--
Die Rolling working pretty alright nowadays! Just need to effectively implement the "more than 10k10" rule correctly (right now it calculates based on the number of kept dice versus the total number of dice...), but other than that combat has become functional in a broad perspective.

Skill rolls still being developed. Have run into a problem here, as I want to manipulate the input function to my own devious ends. Basic problem: L5R has 50+ skills a player can choose from, and I want to make the skill rolling macro look across these skills (searching Token Properties for a Skill value greater than zero, and right now each skill is an individual Token Property) and provide a drop-down list of skills with at least 1 point in them (a value greater than 0, with default for all skills 0).
--

Any input - or encouraging words - or attention in general - would be greatly appreciated.

THX
-Microphone
Last edited by Microphone on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rumble
Deity

Re: L5R4e Legend of the Five Rings 4th Edition Framework

Post by Rumble »

I posted a solution to a question like that asked here, though I'm not sure now whether it's exactly the same dice system:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18224

In any case, these things are usually pretty easy to do with arrays and so forth, and the macro code does support both string lists and JSON Arrays. Check out the wiki for details.

Edit: scratch that, I didn't see anything substantial on the wiki when I doublechecked. Anyway, simplest form - both are strings, and a string list is like:

Code: Select all

"element, element1, element2, element3,..."
and a JSON array is like

Code: Select all

"['element','element1','element2',...]"
There are macro-code functions built around handling them - Wiki: listAppend(), Wiki: listGet(), Wiki: json.append(), Wiki: json.get(), Wiki: json.sort(), Wiki: json.shuffle(), etc.

Microphone
Kobold

Post by Microphone »

I've come up with a rather simple solution once I saw some posts about the json objects and arrays, and now I have a working die rolling macro.

I'm still working on the more complicated aspects of the system, but I have something almost playable after only two days of work.

Thanks for the attention, Rumble. I'm a fan of your D&D4e framework, which I'm playing with on the side.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

No problem! Glad you got something working. Good luck with your framework!

Microphone
Kobold

Post by Microphone »

Right. It's coming along, but now I need some more help. L5r has some conditions that last until the end of turn or until the beginning of the next combat round. I've seen similar conditions implemented in other frameworks, so I'm wondering how you all did it.

Here's 2 things I need specifically:
-A temporary bonus which resets at the end of the combat round
-A penalty which lasts until the beginning/end of a character's next turn

Roofio-roofbum
Kobold

Post by Roofio-roofbum »

i have noo clue about coding and havent gotten the chance to use maptool yet, but i eagerly await to see what your l5r framework looks like and stuff. ive been wanting to play l5r since i got the 3e revised corebook and now i have the 4e corebook....its driving me crazy that i know like zero people who have played this game!! even have a scorpion character prepared and bought a bunch of d10s

Microphone
Kobold

Post by Microphone »

Work is continuing. I have a playable version worked out, and I might post it here in a bit.

Microphone
Kobold

Post by Microphone »

Need help with Token Properties, see main post!

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

You should open a thread in the macro forum. You'll probably get more help there. I usually don't read threads about user creations of games I don't play.

To your question.

You need a list with all skills. Loop through that list using [foreach:] and check each property value using Wiki: getProperty(). Add each known skill to a different list. Use that list for your input.

Clear? I'm mobile right now so I can't post an example...

Microphone
Kobold

Post by Microphone »

Thank you, CoveredInFish (and I like your name), the small tip helped quite a bit. Now I'm nearly ready to post the campaign files...

Haman
Cave Troll

Post by Haman »

Microphone wrote:Work is continuing. I have a playable version worked out, and I might post it here in a bit.
Really hope to see something soon, if that's any encouragement. However far along you've brought it. I really need a framework for this system, but havent any idea how to go about it.

Best of luck!

Gamerdude
Cave Troll

Post by Gamerdude »

Microphone wrote:Hi all!

[UPDATE 6/2/11]!
Any input - or encouraging words - or attention in general - would be greatly appreciated.

THX
-Microphone
Um.. silly question - where is the link to the campaign file?
Al B. USAF RET.
*Chief Organizer and Bottle Washer - 'User Creations' Forum*

MT Framework Directory **LISTING** (UPDT 2012-02-10)

Haman
Cave Troll

Post by Haman »

Still working on this?

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”