Hero 6th Edition Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
nolgroth
Dragon

Re: Hero 6th Edition Framework

Post by nolgroth »

OptionW wrote:Hello Again, I also have another question...is it possible to have the Macro Access Bar show the actions on top of each other rather than to the side? :-)

Optionw
Now THAT, I can do. In fact, that is the way I originally made it.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Okay, here is the vertical oriented macro button bar.

Basically you can do it yourself by adding HTML Table Row tags to the beginning and end of each line that starts with <TD>. Or you can simply download the macro and import it into your framework.
QB-Vertical.mtmacro
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

OptionW
Giant

Post by OptionW »

Thanks again, it works like a charm :-)

Optionw

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

My pleasure. I had a vague thought about the other thing and am going to work on it. Essentially, what I am going to try is to use the Initiative tools to Build and Sort a list and then transfer the names on that list to another list. Then I will use that final list to build the table. In theory, it should work. I hope. The tricky part is extracting the names from the Initiative list in the same order. I'm not sure that functionality was ever intended so I am not sure that it is going to work.

And yes, I will clear the Initiative panel as the final command.

Wish me luck.

OptionW
Giant

Post by OptionW »

Wishing you luck :-)

Optionw

jujitsuguy
Kobold

Post by jujitsuguy »

Nolgroth:

I think I may have asked you before, but unsure...apologies if this is a repeat question.

Have you or any of your associates make a macro and/or have a format template that can take a Hero Designer v3 based character and import him into your Hero 6th Edition Framework macro?

If not, I eventually will try to take my hand at looking at your scripts, as well as look at the xml generation w/in HD v3--and maybe work w/ the Hero Gaming folks--to be able to get this to work.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated...

BTW, your framework 1.3g works fantastic...still figuring out all the intricacies of using this effectively...might even look at your code as well. It would be neat if for an attack, if knockback is used, after all the mods, to literally "push" the character back by the resulting KB value.

Thank you sir...

Jujitsuguy
Chuck D. aka
"Jujitsuguy"

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

For most of the past year, this framework has lied fallow. I have recently started working on it again (and found a really bad bug in the way End cost was deducted....from the target). Mostly I have started migrating most of the stuff to work from the character sheet, which I have streamlined a bit.

I have not worked on doing a HD to MapTool conversion. I wouldn't even know where to begin at this point. I am re-teaching myself the MTScript stuff as I go. Heck, I can't even figure out how to do the by Speed sort on the GM screen that OptionW requested above. I tried many different ways but it is just not working. Anyway, that doesn't have any bearing on the character conversion....

I have considered looking into the automated knockback, but have not done any research since I started tinkering again. I also want to see if I can code AoE shapes (cone, line, etc.). Radius is built in.

Progress is slow because I am still in the process of getting reacquainted with the scripting and I am divided between a bunch of projects. It is REALLY nice to see that somebody is still interested and might find this useful.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

And I just realized your post is nearly a month old. Hopefully you check back. I am about to post the current state that the framework is in.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Still here. I don't check this enough but thankfully I do not have a bunch of replies hanging in the wind.

I've been thinking about the kinds of things I want to change within this framework. I really need to dig back into the esoteric guts of the MTScript language in order to get some of them accomplished. I'm just not sure how committed to doing that I am. Anyway, for giggles here is a list of things that I want to get done.
  • Go over the code, line by line, to see where I can make it better. Of course, I am super rusty with MTScript so this will serve the dual purpose of making me have to relearn it.
  • Redo the Attack macro so that it returns to a list of potential tokens rather than the cobbled together selected tokens method. I might even go so far as to study the forms tutorials and come up with a better way to do that.
  • Transfer all of the character building macros to frames instead of the Input dialogs. It would just be nice to be able to respond to chat messages while building/updating a character.
  • I'm not even sure that this one is possible, but figure out how to do directional Area of Effect attacks that encompass the correct area and facing. This one I am really worried about being able to figure out. I am sure that it can be done, I just have to figure out how. That is where the problem lies. I'm only so adept at that kind of thing.
There it is. My basic ToDo list for the framework. I would love to see any feedback on the changes I've introduced already. Thanks for reading.

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

I am glad your back. I thought you had abandon this project so I haven't checked in a long time. I can't wait see what has change since the last time.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Well I thought I was back. One of the things I was hoping back when I did some updates was that working on the framework would rekindle my love of the Hero system. It did the opposite. I have stepped away from trying to run/play the Hero system for the foreseeable future.

I know I have made the offer before, but if anybody uses and cares for this framework still and wants to continue working on it, please feel free to take over. I am going to keep everything I have done and pack it away into an archive.

Hopefully there is still something of use here.

Best wishes.

-Nolgroth

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

I downloaded the framework on this page to see how it would shake out and found a slight error. On the Lib:Combat token, erase the very last line of the autoApplyDamage and autoApplyHealing macros. It is the line referring to the Character Sheet Header. I have changed the way the character sheet displays and that no longer applies.

I'm going to run one last bug fix test of the framework before letting it go. I just don't want somebody to use this unsuccessfully.

EDIT: The AoE: Cone macro is a little temperamental. Any attack chosen for it must have a positive number in the Radius of the attack or will fail with an error message. I will see if I can fix that.

Other than the changes listed in this post, the framework appears to be working well.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Change the Explosion token's properties from "Explosion" to "Basic." I have to go through and see what props the Basic property set has in comparison to the Explosion and which ones the macro is looking for. In the meantime, switching the token's properties allows it to work.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

In testing the Quick Explosion and Quick AoE macros, I found that they error out if the Lib:Combat or GM tokens are within the affected area. The solution is to open the "asplode" and "AreaofEffect" macros on the Lib:Combat token. Find the lines that say;

Code: Select all

[h: removeExplosion=listFind (targetList, "Explosion")]
[h: targetList=listDelete (targetList, removeExplosion)]
And add these lines directly underneath. That removes them from the list of viable tokens that the area attacks affect.

Code: Select all

[h: removeGM=listFind (targetList, "GM")]
[h: targetList=listDelete (targetList, removeGM)]
[h: removeLibCombat=listFind (targetList, "Lib:Combat")]
[h: targetList=listDelete (targetList, removeLibCombat)]

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Also noted some issues with the Quick CV Adjustment macro. I've got those fixed now but the code is rather long. Not very complicated, but long. I'll probably upload a new Campaign file this weekend, after I finish debugging.

EDIT: Here is the updated macro. Did not finish debugging but that is more because I was playing Fallout 4 than the preponderance of bugs. I think I got most of them quashed.
QuickCV.mtmacro
(946 Bytes) Downloaded 151 times

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”