Hero 6th Edition Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
nolgroth
Dragon

Re: Hero 6th Edition Framework

Post by nolgroth »

pmbruner wrote:Being one of Nolgroth's friends and players, I gotta say he has done an exceptional job on this framework....
Don't think this means extra XP. :)

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Time for another update. This is very much an "End in Sight" release.

The File will be uploaded to the first post in this thread. Here are the changes and updates in this release.

Changelog:
  • All of the builders now have it built in to output only to the GM, if the GM uses them. That way the GM can spring an unscheduled surprise without tipping his hand.
  • Added the foundation for adjustment powers affecting the six primary stats, the three expendable stats, End Reserves and REC.
  • Added Hardened Defenses and stacking levels of Hardened and Armor Piercing for all types of attacks now. Removed Penetrating as an option for now.
  • Added a Complications section to the Character Sheet.
  • Added a Complications Builder macro.
  • Added Throw as an element to the Maneuver Builder.
  • Rewrote the Perception check macro to output friendlier text.
  • Added Mental Damage Reduction to both Apply Damage and Apply Damage vs. Quick.
  • Changed the Apply Damage, Apply Damage vs Quick, Apply Healing, Post-12 Recovery and Recovery Macros to reflect change in campaign properties.
  • Changed the Character Sheet to account for new Recovery variable name.
  • Adjusted the way the Attack and Mental Attacks macros apply End costs to account for change in campaign properties.
  • Added the foundation for Perception mods. <b>Have not yet implemented.</b>
  • Added Movement Powers to Character Sheet (Reference only. No macro restriction on movement.)
  • Expanded Defenses that are displayed on Character Sheet.
  • Created an Update Token macro, that sets existing tokens to correctly take advantage of the new method of calculating "current" values.
  • Add a macro to easily adjust the Aided, Boosted, Drained and Suppressed values of stats.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

EDIT: Fix uploaded.
  • Fixed Characteristic Builder.
  • Added a Complcations Roll macro to the character sheet.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Uploaded version 1.1 to the first post. Version 1.0 was severely broken. If you downloaded it, please trash it and download this version.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

On of the Hero Board members requested the ability to have the Attack macro automatically apply damage to the target token. Here is a replacement Lib:Combat token for that purpose. It is a good idea that everybody download this token and use it, as it also fixes errors with the Mental Attacks.

File: [attachment=0]Lib-Combatv1_1.zip[/attachment] [/b]

Instructions:
  1. Download the file and decompress the Lib-Tokenv1_1.rptok into your Campaign Repository folder. If you don't have one, I'll show you how in a moment.
  2. From inside the framework, switch to the Hidden Layer. Select the current Lib:Combat token and rename it to Lib:Combat_backup. Just in case.
  3. Drag the new Lib-Tokenv1_1.rptok from your Library window onto the map. Make sure the name stays just Lib:Combat though. Otherwise 90% of the macros won't fire.
If you don't have a Campaign Repository, here is how you do it.
  • Create a Folder on your Hard Drive.
  • From inside MapTool, go to File>Add Resource to Library.
  • Browse to the folder you just created. Click on Install >>

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Here are some useful tips for troubleshooting
A couple of things that have come up in testing or from specific complaints. They are not necessarily code fixes, but there is typically a solution to these issues. (Copied from the Hero Games forums post.)

Upgrading to the Latest Version
If upgrading an existing campaign, there are a few steps that will make the transition go smoother. I've found that by following these steps, almost all of the problems I've encountered with upgrading have been fixed.
  • Update the Campaign Parameters. I cannot stress how important this is. Every once in a while the CV max gets reset to 0. I don't know why, but by rebuilding the parameters it fixes the problem. So this should be your very first step.
  • Run the Attack Builder on all attacks for each token.
  • (very optional and depending on if the characters are currently in combat) Run the Reset to Default macro for each token.
General Troubleshooting
  • Some of the macros require that Vision be on in the Map settings.
  • Remember to set token Facing when Vision is on.
Issue: I Click on the Attack Macro but Nothing Happens
Solution: Make sure that the attacking token is Impersonated. Depening on whether you are attacking the selected token(s) or from a list, the intended target token(s) must be selected.
Issue: Range Mods Don't Seem Quite Right
Solution: For some reason, the range finder was written with a square grid in mind. A hex grid increases the Range Mod penalty. Change your grid to square. I don't ever use the built in grid for anything. The range measurement tool is good for judging distances and grids pull me out of the mindset of telling a story.
  1. Map > Edit Map
  2. Click on the Square image under Cell Type
  3. Click OK.
EDIT: Now I am not 100% certain that it matters which grid this macro was coded for. I simply think that the distances involved are slightly different based on the grid that you use. This will take a little bit of testing to determine. It might also be that MapTool was originally written by folks wanted to play D20 games with the square grid and so the distance between cells might be biased by that design philosophy. I don't honestly know to be truthful. The difference seems awfully small (a difference of -1 at 18 cells) but that -1 might accumulate over greater distance and it certainly isn't small to the guy that just missed by one point.
Issue: I Get a -1 RMod, Even at Point Blank Range
Solution: It seems that sometimes a token becomes corrupted. The only solution I have found is to note down the stats, delete the offending token, and start from scratch. This has only happened to one token so far that I know of.
Issue: Explosion and Area of Effect Return an "Invalid Condition in IF(targetOCV > maxCV) roll option." statement
Solution: Any token on the token layer that does not have stats creates this error. I often use an "Empty" token property set. As long as the token has the Basic properties ( double click on token > config tab > properties list) you should be fine. This took me forever to debug, as I thought there might be a problem with the code itself. Then "boom" it suddenly occurred to me that one of two things might be happening. After that, it was easy to narrow it down. One the upside, I saw a huge error in the Calc Defenses macro. Actually it looked like I got cut off in mid-coding by something and never finished. It is now fixed in the current release.
Issue: While I am at it, the Explosion damage results seem "off" somehow.
Explanation: For Normal Attacks, I now have one die for each DC and sorted from Highest to Lowest. Just like the Hero rules. For Killing Attacks, I have it take off an average amount of Body/Stun per increment. That might not be technically correct or my formula may a little off.
Issue: Autofire does not work correctly (e.g roll once and you attain a hit for every 2 you make the roll by).
Explanation: You are absolutely correct. It doesn't. I thought it was really dumb that two mechanics, for basically doing the same thing, existed. So I chose the option for Multiple Attacks to code in. I may or may not revisit this one day, but for now, there is a viable method of hitting one person a bunch of times or hitting a few people one time. Hint: It also doesn't drop Charges for distance between tokens, effectively giving everybody Skipover Sprayfire for free. :)
Issues not covered here
Please please please post a message with as many details as possible. The more information I have, the better I am at figuring out what might be the problem.
Last edited by nolgroth on Wed May 01, 2013 1:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

A user asked if I could post code for additional debugging options. Here it is!

Instructions:
Copy code block below and paste it into each of the macros labeled "weaponAttackResolution" that reside on the Lib:Combat token. This code block is to be placed at the very bottom of the macro code and overwrites the existing code block that starts with "if (debug==1), CODE:"

This is an entirely optional addition for those that like to see what it looks like under the hood.

Code: Select all

[if (debug==1), CODE:
	{
	<br>
	Base OCV: <b>[r: getProperty ("baseOCV", getSelected() )]</b><br>
	Combat Skill Levels: <b>[r:CSLs]</b><br>
	GM Mods: <b>[r: GMMod]</b><br>
	Range Mods: <b> [r: rMod]</b><br>
	Attack Roll: <b>[r: hitRoll]</b><br>
	DCV Hit: <b>[r: dcvHit]</b> <br>
	Charges Paid: [r: chargesPaid] (1 = Yes or Not Applicable, 0 = No )<br>
	};
	{}]

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Here is quick patch to a fairly important issue. There is an error within the CalcDefenses macro on the Lib:Combat token. It only affects Armor Piercing attacks, but it will cause problems. Also, for some brain dead reason, I had Combat Luck working as a general defense for everything (flash, mental, power, you name it). Fixed that so it only applies to PD and ED attacks.

Instructions:
  1. Unzip
    CalcDefenses.zip
    into a folder.
  2. From inside MapTools, with the Campaign Loaded, Click on the Hidden Layer.
  3. Select the Lib:Combat token.
  4. Right-click> Edit. Rename to CalcDefensesBackup. Click OK.
  5. Right-click in the faint square area near the CalcDefensesBackup macro. Select Import. Browse to the folder you unzipped the CalcDefenses.Zip file to.
  6. Click on CalcDefenses.mtmacro and then click Open.
There is a bigger version release coming in the near future. Highlights include the return of off-hand attacks and using the AoE and Explosion macro as part of an attack.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Update posted. Check out the first post for details.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Hey everybody who has been following this thread. I am taking a long break from gaming and coding. Effective now, I am no longer looking to update the Hero framework. If anybody else wants to take a crack at it, you are welcome to it. I am hoping to have my batteries recharged after the holiday season is over but we'll have to see where the framework stands at that point in time. Thanks for the feedback and support during the development process.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

New version with some fairly important bug fixes posted. See first message to download file.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

Awsome BTW. This must have taken you forever. I do need help. As much as I try I can't seem to be able to apply the damage manualy by using the apply damge button.
I can attack alright and can have the damage applied automatically but almost every time I try to apply it mannualy I get this in the chat window:

Final Stun Damage: « adjStunDmg = 0 »
Final Body Damage: « adjBodyDmg = 0 »
Damage Applied

I have tried several things.
I have tried clicking on the character tolken and pressing F2.
I have tried just selecting the token and not pressing F2.
I have tried pressing the other various links to the go to the apply damage window
I have checked and rechecked PD and ED Defense values. All so resistance on these values.

Once or twice I got it to work but don't know what I did.lol. Thanks for all your hard work.
plz help. :(
PS: You should put together a FAQ or a PDF Manual that would be awesome.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”