Hero 6th Edition Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
sevrick
Cave Troll

Need help. Apply damage not working.

Post by sevrick »

Awsome BTW. I am having some trouble though. I can't seem to be able to apply damage to the tokens manually.
I followed the "Apply Damage" instruction completely. But for some weird reason I will do an attack roll and it works fine but when I apply damage it says this:

Final Stun Damage: « adjStunDmg = 0 »
Final Body Damage: « adjBodyDmg = 0 »
Damage Applied

Then I click on the person receiving the damage and click apply damage

1st give it the correct target.
2nd select the weapon.
3rd I select the proper OCV.
4th click ok.

But it still comes up. :( Plz help me with this so I can start playing .
Thanks again. I am sure this took you a long time to do. :D

nolgroth
Dragon

Re: Need help. Apply damage not working.

Post by nolgroth »

sevrick wrote:Awsome BTW. I am having some trouble though. I can't seem to be able to apply damage to the tokens manually.
I followed the "Apply Damage" instruction completely. But for some weird reason I will do an attack roll and it works fine but when I apply damage it says this:

Final Stun Damage: « adjStunDmg = 0 »
Final Body Damage: « adjBodyDmg = 0 »
Damage Applied

Then I click on the person receiving the damage and click apply damage

1st give it the correct target.
2nd select the weapon.
3rd I select the proper OCV.
4th click ok.

But it still comes up. :( Plz help me with this so I can start playing .
Thanks again. I am sure this took you a long time to do. :D
I see what is happening. Okay. If you do not click "Apply Damage Automatically" then the macro simply outputs the damage to the chat window. The numbers it outputs are the Stun and Body taken after Defenses are applied. Those numbers need to be put into the Apply Damage window.

nolgroth
Dragon

Re: Hero 6th Edition Framework

Post by nolgroth »

It took a long time. I started with some things and started to add features. Some features required a rewrite of the code as I went along. This has been a learning experience for me. These days I am very busy at work and have a hard time fitting the framework development into my schedule.

I am going to write a PDF manual one day, but I still have a few features that I need to work on.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Gah. I just realized that I did not update another macro with the new sectional defenses variables. Look for another update in the next couple of days.

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

:lol: I forgot to mention I put the damage into the "Apply Damage Window" and it didn't work. I got the same message. That would be stupid if I just forgot to add the damage to the Apply Damage Window. :lol: But no, I did add the damage and every time and the message that no damage was done still came up.

This being the case how would I fix it?
Or is it bug that needs to be fixed?

Also thx for getting back too me so soon. :D

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

I am not able to replicate your error. Odd. Try resetting the token to default (big red button in Campaign macros window). See if that helps. Also try rebuilding the token.

Make sure that you have "Use Tooltips for Inline Rolls" checked in the Preferences window. It will be on the Interactions tab. I don't think that will be the cause of your problem, but it will clean up your output.

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

well that fixed the weird text but sadly not the problem for the damage always coming up 0.

I got to thinking I do have map tool ver "maptool-1.3.b87.zip"
I wasn't sure if I should get the broken one?
I have windows 7 64 bit, if that makes a difference.

--Things I have tried----
1. My Memory settings are set up exactly as you have.
2. I checked to see if I have the latest version of Java.
3. I already loaded up the base template Pressed F5 set the settings and copied the char and tried to apply damage to see if the token was messed up. Nope same result as the other tokens.
4. I tried clicking the character and then the red button.

Also I noticed that if I save my token and try to reuse it in another Campaign the LOS of the token is screwed up.

Ok to make things as detailed as possible as to what I did I made a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7heeiQfhkJk

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Interesting. By turning off the Use Damage Reduction, it is causing the Apply Damage to throw everything a 0. That needs to be fixed, but in the meantime, go ahead and leave that Checked. If the target does not have Damage Reduction, it will just output the whole number damage.

Do me a favor, if you will, and run an attack. I am getting a java error and I am honestly flummoxed as to if the java error is due to something I changed or some other reason. Thanks.

Good video by the way. It helped me zero in on exactly what we were doing differently.

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

I am not sure what you mean by run an attack.
Do you mean make an attack roll and see if it works?
What settings do you want me do it with?

As far as applying damage, it works now if I leave the "Use Damage Reduction" button checked.

What about the line of sight problem I showed you in the video?

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

The Line of Sight thing is something I have not come across. If that is not a problem with MapTool itself, then my first suggestion would be to make sure that the vision for the token is set to Normal. Make sure that Has Sight button is checked.

I'll look into that myself tonight when I get off work and can focus on the framework.

In regards to the attack, just run the macro with any settings (Target, Weapon, etc). Let me know if throws a Java error. I think my Java install may be corrupted.

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

Yeh attacks work fine. No errors.
2 things

1st-Is it possible to change the number of spaces each move? I mean you know how when you move a character it moves in ones. Is there is a setting to change that to say like 2m = one hex. I know they have a setting for the original but I don't know if changing that would do anything. If not it's not a big deal.

2nd-Is there a way to toggle the vision of the tokens. You know how they see things in a cone rather than aoe or would that screw up things in the code like defensive maneuvers?

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

1. I think changing the Distance per Cell to 2 would be the equivalent to what you are looking for. Mind you, that might change the way the range finding works. I didn't write that part of the code, so I am honestly not sure what effect that would have.

2. If you edit the Token properties, you can change vision modes. Right now I have a few of them. Normal vision is set to a 240 degree arc. If you want to create other vision modes/arcs, you can do so inside the campaign properties.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Okay. On my laptop now. The only change I made is to fix the variables in the Sectional Defenses portion of the CalcDefenses macro. Since that was the only change I made in the latest file on my desktop, I should not be able to use the Attack macro. The Attack macro works fine. Sevrick is able to run the Attack macro. That means that something is wrong with my desktop's Java install.

Lovely.

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

Lol figured out the line of sight "problem" lol. I had the space per cell at 150 and the view distance at 100 so I couldn't see 2 feet in front of my face. Thx for your help.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Just a small update. My problems at home were more due to a corrupted campaign file. Ironically, I downloaded the latest version from here and everything is working fine.

Presently I am re-writing the code for Apply Damage. This one is going to be a little bit tricky, as I hard-coded the Damage Reduction into the calculation. I just have to figure out a way to place an "if" condition in there somewhere.

More later.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”