Hero 6th Edition Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
nolgroth
Dragon

Re: Hero 6th Edition Framework

Post by nolgroth »

Jujitsuguy,
Importing a Hero Designer file is one of those dreams I keep having for this framework. The issue is that I would have to learn how to make an export file for Hero Designer. Then I would have to make sure that whatever tags represent stats and skills mesh. For most skills that require a roll, that would not be hard. For skills like Weapon Familiarities, it gets a little tricker. Powers would still have to be built manually using the framework.

On the balance, I feel my efforts are better spent refining the framework. Maybe once I have the framework completed to my satisfaction, I can turn my efforts to something like a Hero Designer export.

OptionW
Giant

Post by OptionW »

I'm back :-), I like some of the new features. The attact macro looks easier. My players didn't like having to go back and forth on the tabs to set up an attack. Took a long time. I also prefer the drop down target list rather than clicking on your target. My players seem to attack themselves a lot this way. But still this is looking good. I will have a supers game this weekend and try it out.

OptionW
Giant

Post by OptionW »

We played tonight...my players had a concern...they would like to see what they rolled when they miss. We were having issues with a -15 range mod always showing up on some of the tokens. Took us a bit to figure out that for some reason the -15 for range was automatically applying ? It kinda put the game on hold for a bit.

optionw

OptionW
Giant

Post by OptionW »

Also, Norgroth can you post your states images you have in the campaign?

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

OptionW wrote:We played tonight...my players had a concern...they would like to see what they rolled when they miss. We were having issues with a -15 range mod always showing up on some of the tokens. Took us a bit to figure out that for some reason the -15 for range was automatically applying ? It kinda put the game on hold for a bit.

optionw
Weird. I have never run across that one, up to and including a test combat that I ran today before posting the final (for me) version today. I can only suggest that you are using MapTool 1.3b89 and Java 7. For some reason, Java 6 stopped working for me. Other than that, make sure that the elevation for the tokens is properly set based on where they are and that the attacks are built with the proper range mods built into them.

As to the images I used for the states, I do not know what happened to them. They used to be in my MapTool Resources folder and now I cannot find them. If you are very dedicated, you can load the framework as an XML file into a browser and "download" the images.

Hopefully the latest (and last) version will solve your range issues. If you, or anybody you know, wishes to pick up the pieces and move on, I am no longer developing this framework. I've stopped playing Hero (for various and sundry reasons) and just don't have the mental energy/inspiration to continue.

Good luck.

Oh yeah, the latest fixes/features:

Range is now calculated based on the Elevation of the Target, Elevation of the Attacker and the Actual Range (in map units) between the two.

Some other things that I didn't note down and cannot remember. (Sorry).

OptionW
Giant

Post by OptionW »

thanks for all your effort on this campaign. I have enjoyed playing it with my group. Sorry to hear your done working on it. So, the following super heroes salute you. Minuteman, Major Impact, Myth Lord, Express, Timer Rider, Starwolf, Mister Wonderful.

Optionw

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

I am sad to hear that the final version has been released :cry: I was interested to see how much more perfected this framework could get.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Thanks for the kind words. Really. If this beast, flawed as she is, has helped somebody else enjoy gaming, then I will be a happy camper.

I decided to drop development because I don't love to do it any more. If I don't love to do it then I will not be doing my best to release a good product. Someday I hope that my gaming mind will recharge enough to venture back to Hero System territory. I imagine I will probably have to re-create this monster from scratch though. Assuming MapTool 1.4 ever comes out. Looks like the devs have their own ambition problems, which I completely understand.

I just passed a thousand hours playing Skyrim. Maybe in another thousand hours I will be ready to come back. :)

sevrick
Cave Troll

Bug

Post by sevrick »

Hey I got a bug report a pretty game breaking bug
---
When I go to add attacks on the characters the names and places that they are stored are all jumbled around.
---
:cry:
*EDIT*
Thank goodness I found what I was doing. I put a space a comma in the name of an attack and that screwed up the rest of the list.

I know your done but it would be nice if you still did some bug fixes.
I mean don't worry about adding new features unless you want to but. It just sucks being left with a broken build to work with :(

Also I know a few things about programming I could take up the torch if I knew what programs you used and such to make changes.
Last edited by sevrick on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Bug

Post by wolph42 »

sevrick wrote:Hey I got a bug report a pretty game breaking bug
---
When I go to add attacks on the characters the names and places that they are stored are all jumbled around.
---
I mean don't worry about adding new features unless you want to but. It just sucks being left with a broken build to work with :(

Also I know a few things about programming I could take up the torch if I knew what programs you used and such to make changes.
If you're willing to pick up the torch then here's a community hats willing to help out. I don't know a thing about this FW but the code is a standalone script of maptool. Not very difficult but as with any code it takes time to learn. I would suggest you start watching the macro tutorial videos and then do some reading in the wiki. Code is stored usually on. Tokens , lib tokens or the campaign panel. Right mouse click allows you to edit. As for debugging. There is a link in my sig on that topic

If you have any question , need explaining etc. ask on the forum (I would suggest not to post such questions here but start a seperate topic). Good luck!

nolgroth
Dragon

Re: Bug

Post by nolgroth »

sevrick wrote:Hey I got a bug report a pretty game breaking bug
---
---
*EDIT*
Thank goodness I found what I was doing. I put a space a comma in the name of an attack and that screwed up the rest of the list.

Well, I did say that I would try to fix bugs when I bowed out. This issue, I believe, has more to do with the way MTScript parses information. I am not at home to verify this, but I think that the comma is causing MapTool to parse the name as a list. Try putting quotes around the attack name that has the comma. See if that changes things.

I suppose I could try to add something that converts certain variables into strings (which is what the quotes should do) but it has been long enough that I would have to delve back into the code. I'll take a look when I get home later at how feasible that will be.

EDIT: Okay, I've tested my theory. I am half right. The comma is causing the parser to treat the comma separation as a list separator. The bad news is that adding the quotes (single or double) does not seem to affect it. I'll look into it further, but the solution is to not use commas.

EDIT II: I even tried substituting HTML code for the comma character to no avail. If I can even figure this out, it will take a while. Back to "don't use commas."

OptionW
Giant

Post by OptionW »

Hello again, we are trying to use the Quick method with my group...but the "Quick CV Adjustments" do not seem to work. I put them on a token...it shows correctly...then I try and do a quick OCV attack and the adjustment disappears from the token and the attack occurs as if the adjustment was never on it. If you can help with this I would be very thankful.

Optionw

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

OptionW wrote:Hello again, we are trying to use the Quick method with my group...but the "Quick CV Adjustments" do not seem to work. I put them on a token...it shows correctly...then I try and do a quick OCV attack and the adjustment disappears from the token and the attack occurs as if the adjustment was never on it. If you can help with this I would be very thankful.

Optionw
I'll take a look at it and get back to you in a couple of days.

Edit: Okay, I never updated the Quick OCV to draw from the currentOCV. It still draws from the baseOCV stat. Easy fix:
  1. Right Click on QuickOCV macro.
  2. Change the first two lines to [h: getProperty ("currentOCV")] and [h: getProperty ("currentOMCV")].
  3. Click OK.
  4. Test it and get back to me.

OptionW
Giant

Post by OptionW »

Unfortunately that did not work. Plus I still cant get the Quick Adjustment to stay on the token. Thanks for taking the time to look at this for me.

[h: setProperty ("cslOCV", 0)]
[h: setProperty ("ocvMod",0)]
[h: setProperty ("cslDCV", 0)]
[h: setProperty ("dcvMod",0)]
[h: setProperty ("dcvMulti", 1)]
[h: setProperty ("cslOMCV", 0)]
[h: setProperty ("cslDMCV", 0)]
[h: setState ("dodge", 0)]
[h: setState ("block", 0)]

[h: getProperty ("currentOCV")]
[h: getProperty ("currentOMCV")]

OptionW
Giant

Post by OptionW »

actually it might be working...but it's still not taking into account the Quick CV Adjustment. And the Quick CV Adjustment is not lasting on the token, so it might not be calculating on the quick OCV.

just a note. My friends/players really love the Quick set up. They say it feels a lot like when we could all get together and play pen and paper games. So thanks again.

Optionw

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”