Rumble's framework - Attack/damage macro question

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
RaineAndrews
Kobold

Rumble's framework - Attack/damage macro question

Post by RaineAndrews »

Hello, I'm currently trying out Rumble's framework for my face to face games. My players like to roll the dice, and I like to automate my monsters' attack. The only customization available is a global option to have everyone (including monsters) roll a d20 and have the framework add the necessary bonus. Is there a way to set specific tokens (like the PC tokens) to declare their own attack and damage and I could just type it in. Thanks.

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Re: Attack/damage macro

Post by JonathanTheBlack »

I honestly don't understand your players... there's absolutely no difference from typing [1d20+6] and [1d8+4] for attack and damage and using the macro's. The only thing they're doing is slowing down the game by doing that.

RaineAndrews
Kobold

Post by RaineAndrews »

Oh, they understand there isn't a difference between rolling a die and pushing a button, and I'm sure I would lean toward their inclination if I was only running 1 monster at a time. However, letting it automate the rolls of players that are present takes some of the tactile nature out of the game. Its termed a paper-and-pencil game after all :)

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I have never used Rumbles FW, but normally there are macros that handle damage and adding states/effects. You may want to ask in the subforum for Rumbles FW.

RaineAndrews
Kobold

Post by RaineAndrews »

Oh my, I didn't realize there was a subforum for this. Thanks, I'll direct my question that way once I find it. *shuffling sounds*

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Just moved it to General > User Creations > Campaign Frameworks. I don't think Rumble's framework has it's own sub-sub-subform. ;)

Deadolus
Giant

Re: Rumble's framework - Attack/damage macro question

Post by Deadolus »

RaineAndrews wrote:Hello, I'm currently trying out Rumble's framework for my face to face games. My players like to roll the dice, and I like to automate my monsters' attack. The only customization available is a global option to have everyone (including monsters) roll a d20 and have the framework add the necessary bonus. Is there a way to set specific tokens (like the PC tokens) to declare their own attack and damage and I could just type it in. Thanks.
Yes there is a per-token over ride (assuming you are using his 4E Framework, Version 5). Click the Management macro, then click the Edit Character link, There are options for both attacks and damage.
ManualOverride.png
ManualOverride.png (68.85 KiB) Viewed 3794 times
Hope this helps.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”