Barbarians of Lemuria Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Natha
Dragon

Re: Barbarians of Lemuria Framework

Post by Natha »

Thanks again Rumble.

I tried v4 and noticed (again, sorry) 2 things, one minor, and one ... well, less minor (or I'm completely missing something) ;)

1) A minor bug when using the "Equip Shield" macro : if you don't tick the check box and press "Ok", the macro asks for an "output" value.

2) I was re-reading the BoL rulebook and noticed that the "Noncombat check" macro should ask for an attribute choice ?
ImageImageImageImage

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Natha wrote:Thanks again Rumble.

I tried v4 and noticed (again, sorry) 2 things, one minor, and one ... well, less minor (or I'm completely missing something) ;)

1) A minor bug when using the "Equip Shield" macro : if you don't tick the check box and press "Ok", the macro asks for an "output" value.

2) I was re-reading the BoL rulebook and noticed that the "Noncombat check" macro should ask for an attribute choice ?
No need to apologize - I don't know why I didn't have it asking for an attribute; I must have just forgotten in my haste (as in, I tested the dice rolling with some set values, and never thought to look again... :oops: ). Will be fixed directly.

Edit: Okay, fixed (find the updated file in the first post). It should look like the combat check dialog now (or, somewhat like it). I also fixed the Shield bug.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Thanks. No more bugs found in v5 ;)

Here's a small modification to the character sheet that I propose :
BoLv5_CharSheet_Natha.JPG
BoLv5_CharSheet_Natha.JPG (26.01 KiB) Viewed 1896 times

Code: Select all

[h:tokens = getSelectedNames()]
[h,if(listCount(tokens) != 1): abort(0)]
[h:token = listGet(tokens, 0)]
[h:go = 1]
[h,if(startsWith(token, "Lib")): abort(0)]
[h,if(!isGM() && isNPC(token)):abort(0)]
[h:switchToken(token)]
[frame("Character Sheet"):
{
  <html>
  <head>
  <title>Character Sheet</title>
 <head><link rel='onChangeSelection' type='macro' href='[r:macroLinkText("rfw.bol.charSheet@this", "none", token)]'></link>
  </head>
  <body bgcolor='white'>
  <table border=0 width='100%'>
  <tr bgcolor='#4574a3' color='white'>
  <td colspan='2'><b>[r:token]</b></td>
  <td colspan='2'><b>Origin</b>: [r:Origin]</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  <td valign='top' colspan='2'><b>Lifeblood</b>: [r:Lifeblood] / [r:MaxLB]</td>
  <td valign='top' colspan='2'><b>Hero Points</b>: [r:HeroPoints] / [r:MaxHeroPoints]</td>
  <tr bgcolor='#dcdcdc'>
  <td><b>STR</b>: [r:Strength]</td>
<td><b>AGI</b>: [r:Agility]</td>
<td><b>MND</b>: [r:Mind]</td>
<td><b>APP</b>: [r:Appeal]</td>
  </tr>
  <tr bgcolor='#dcdcdc'>
   <td><b>BRAWL</b>: [r:Brawl]</td>
   <td><b>MELEE</b>: [r:Melee]</td>
   <td><b>RANGED</b>: [r:Ranged]</td>
   <td><b>DEFENSE</b>: [r:Defense]</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  <td valign='top' colspan='4'>
  <b>Careers</b>: 
  [r,foreach(career, Careers, ", "): career + " <b>+" + json.get(Careers,career)+"</b>"]
  </td>
 </tr>
  <tr bgcolor='#dcdcdc'>
  <td valign='top' colspan='2'>
  <b>Boons</b><br>
  [r,foreach(boon, Boons, "<br>"): boon]
</td>  
  <b>Flaws</b><br>
  [r,foreach(flaw, Flaws, "<br>"): flaw]
 </td>
</tr>
  <tr>
  <b>Armor</b>: 
  [r:EquippedArmor]
  [r:if(EquippedShield==1," & Shield","")]
  </td>
  <b>Weapon</b>: 
  [r:EquippedWeapon]
  </td>
 </tr>
 </table>
 </body>
</html>
}]
ImageImageImageImage

Claybor
Cave Troll

Post by Claybor »

I got a chance to try this out tonight and it is very light and useful. I did find one possible error, but it was easily worked around. Combat dice rolls should be attribute + relevant combat ability. It is adding in the combat ability automatically, but not the attribute. This may be by design and it is easy enough just to add the attribute in as a mod. Thanks for the framework.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Claybor wrote:I got a chance to try this out tonight and it is very light and useful. I did find one possible error, but it was easily worked around. Combat dice rolls should be attribute + relevant combat ability. It is adding in the combat ability automatically, but not the attribute. This may be by design and it is easy enough just to add the attribute in as a mod. Thanks for the framework.
Hm. Not by design, much more likely by "not reading carefully" or "not thinking when I made the macro." I haven't ever played BoL, you see, so if I overlooked something, I wouldn't necessarily catch it in testing.

I'll take a look; should be easy to fix.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Quick update - you can now add the attribute to a combat roll like you're supposed to. Thanks for the heads-up, Claybor; it's all fixed.

Claybor
Cave Troll

Post by Claybor »

Thanks Rumble, that was quick.

Very nice of you to set this up even though you don't play.

Even if folks don't use this for long term campaigns, BOL is one of if not the best pick up game I have seen.

I very much like the mouse over tooltips the way you have them set up now, very easy to see.

Claybor
Cave Troll

Post by Claybor »

Hopefully I am not getting pushy now. :}

I really like that you can add careers and origins, and I was wondering if it would be difficult to add the same for boons and flaws?

Claybor
Cave Troll

Post by Claybor »

I did notice that the damage rolls do not have strength added in as a modifier. Easy to take care of as it is, but it might be something to add if you get the chance at some point.

Thanks again.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Oooh right ! I missed that one.
I have started the translation but I should wait a little so that more people test this framework.
ImageImageImageImage

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Whoops. One of those things I just missed when reading. Okay, the latest version (v8) has it. It should now add Strength to any Melee combat rolls, and 1/2 Strength to any ranged combat rolls. Technically, it seems to be based on the weapon used, but I think triggering the addition based on Melee and Ranged skills should work fine, I think.

Edit: Scratch v8 - I've put up v9. I missed the request about adding boons and flaws, and went back to add that. There are campaign macros now for that.

Claybor
Cave Troll

Post by Claybor »

I've put up v9. I missed the request about adding boons and flaws, and went back to add that. There are campaign macros now for that.
Fantastic! and thanks.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Great ! Thanks Rumble.
ImageImageImageImage

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

I don't know if I need to create a new thread for that but ... here's a first translated (to french) version of Rumble's BoL framework v9.

For frenchies out there, it needs testing (and the rules for armor used by Rumble are not the ones I've got in my french PDF of BoL ... :?: )
bol_VF_v1.cmpgn
(983.32 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”