Looking for Anima and Warhammer frameworks.

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
daveceaser
Cave Troll

Looking for Anima and Warhammer frameworks.

Post by daveceaser »

Hey there everyone. I'm hoping to find some frameworks for Anima: Beyond Fantasy, Anima: Tactics, and Warhammer 40k miniature game. Has anyone been working on those or already have a working framework for them?
Last edited by aliasmask on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nedryel
Kobold

Re: Looking for Anima and Warhammer frameworks.

Post by Nedryel »

I am currently working on an Anima beyond fantasy framework. been almost two weeks and I've almost reached the "playable" stage for my taste. I first found an anima framework, which I think was very nice (by Zilo), but when I wanted to complete it I quickly gave up to make my own instead. I find maptool to be a very fun and nice tool :)

Note that it is currently all in french, but "translation" should not be too hard. The "on mouse hover" character sheet is not used much so all you would need to translate would be "flavor texts" inside macros, all between * *, states names and "labels" of the buttons in the forms.

current features :

- Character creation/edition through easy to use forms. Character creation launches all the edition macros in the right order, but they can all be accessed independantly. The first one sets/edits the base stats (AGI, CON, etc.), the second one edits class, level and XP, the third one sets "bonuses", like those you chose at character creation, or temporary bonuses through spells and such. Fourth form lets you set "bought" skills (attack, general skills, magic, etc.). the fifth and last one lets you set magic schools, but it's not used except for memo.
>> All stats are calculated. I spent countless time filling tables of bonuses per class per level, etc. Avoid setting decimals as character level because it may cause bugs in later calculations. Else it will set your skill bonuses according to your class and level.
>> skills take in account stats bonuses, class bonuses, temporary bonuses and bought value, all possible to edit easily :)

- Most states are automated. If you act, you will be "acted" and have a -25 malus to further actions (most actions have a checkbox to ask you if they should be considered active). If you defend actively (dodge or parry) you will have a malus to further defenses, etc.
>> All states are taken into account in all actions : if you roll a skill, attack, etc. it will calculate bonus based on your current states (illness, pain, fear, prone, etc.)
>> New turn macro removes round base states, causes bleeding to make you lose HP, etc.

- Weapons have been implemented. I copied most of the book's base weapons as "standard" items you can give to a character, and a form to create your own. A character can shift weapons at will amongst those he owns. You can use either primary or secondary attack mode, but there is no malus to using secondary one, unlike the rules say.
>> Armors are not currently implemented in the same way, there are just IP variables to set manually through forms, no "armor" items to give yet.

- Combats are mostly automated. You can chose between ranged or melee attacks, using all states bonuses but also custom temporary ones. It will ask you what defense you use (you can chose to take damages not to lose your turn), and other variables set by default so that in a "normal" situation you only need to type "ok". It checks that you can do things (range, equiped stuff, etc.) in order to limit possible mistakes
>> If you have a magical shield protecting you from the damages of the weapon mode used, it will trigger. The caster will use his magic to try and stop the attack. The shield can be considered immune to that damage mode, or have a damage multiplier (for instance light base shield vs shadow damage takes 2x damage, you set "multiplicator" to 2 :) In case of failure, normal defense will take place, etc.
>> Failed attacks may give counter-attack bonuses and successful ones may cause damage (took me quite a lot of time to copy those darn tables). Critical damage will cause bleeding and "pain" malus (half of it will heal over rounds automatically, the rest you will remove by healing)

- KIhas been implemented : it allows round accumulation (halved if acted), letting you chose which KI sources to accumulate from. When you use a ki technique, you can set specific ki costs, and generic ones, as well as bonus per generic ki. You may spend only a fraction of the accumulated ki on a skill, and hence use several on a same turn (and add as many available generic ki points as you wish). There currently are ki healing, ki transfert, and 3 custom ki skills made for a friends character. Ki is one of the four bars (available for accumulation), along with life, zeon and magic shields.

- various "useful" macros like roll skill, roll resistance check, set current life/Zeon/Ki, etc. but also selection of targets for aoe skills, etc.

TODO :
- Magic spells (each spell has to be implemented, just like ki techniques, so it may take a while)
- psy (same thing)
- Armor items
- Code cleaning : I found out how to make submacros a bit late, so not all macros use that feature, and it would need a little bit of work to make it easier to maintain. I didn't make it for sharing at first, that's why all variables and comments are in french, and why it may look a bit messy at times. Anyway I could document it if needed, but I won't unless I'm asked to, because I'm lazy :p

I have a small library of hex tokens based on Wen-M's art (one of the official anima artists), and a few other deviant art fantasy sources (about 480 monsters, animals and character tokens, properties not set)

Tell me if you are interested, I think I could upload it.

NB : I was once a professional programmer, but I'm new to maptool and tend to be messy on personal projects xD So there may be things that are not done in the best way possible (I am discovering new useful functions everyday xD)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Looking for Anima and Warhammer frameworks.

Post by wolph42 »

daveceaser wrote:Hey there everyone. I'm hoping to find some frameworks for Anima: Beyond Fantasy, Anima: Tactics, and Warhammer 40k miniature game. Has anyone been working on those or already have a working framework for them?
there is a W40k miniature campaign out there. One guy who ran it 24/7 where you could login and have a fight. I suggest you look around the forum there should be plenty reference.
If you're looking for W40K RPG (any of the 5 systems) then check out the link in my sig.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”