[GURPS] Wrathchild / Winter's FW v2 (BETA)

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Woodman
Cave Troll

Re: Setting up MT for GURPS

Post by Woodman »

Winter wrote:How would you all feel if I were to consolidate the Inventory tab into the Main tab? It seems that those are the two most used tabs, and it might cut down on the number of clicks required to take a turn if the inventory appeared on the Main tab.
Wouldnt that kind of overload the tab? But some kind of Switch for Weaponsets or so might be usefull.

Winter
Giant

Post by Winter »

Wouldnt that kind of overload the tab?
Maybe. That's why I was asking. None of my tokens have more than 20 items, so they would easily fit. But I don't know about others'.
But some kind of Switch for Weaponsets or so might be usefull.
Could you spell out what you mean? A button that would swap from sword-and-shield to rapier-and-dagger, perhaps? (Or, perhaps, twin laser arrays and heat- and radar-seeking missile pods?)

Woodman
Cave Troll

Post by Woodman »

A button that would swap from sword-and-shield to rapier-and-dagger, perhaps? (Or, perhaps, twin laser arrays and heat- and radar-seeking missile pods?)
Yes something like this, i doubt anyone regularly swaps countless items, but switching from ranged to melee weapons is something done regularly.

Winter
Giant

Post by Winter »

I've been thinking about this "weapon-sets switch". Since switching weapons requires discrete Ready actions (or at least, fast-draw checks), would we really want to give users a way to switch several weapons in bulk? I suppose I could make it an optional feature, or GM-only.

Winter
Giant

Post by Winter »

Also, a little update is in order. I've been working intermittently on the Spells tab, which is about halfway done. I've also been working on damage-type-specific DR, as discussed upthread. My other priority is some sort of improved conditions-and-states tracking, so that shock will wear off and spells will expire automatically. The initiative tracker was really just the prerequisite for this tracking feature, which will be the biggest help to the GM of anything I can think of (and the SJG online policy will let me implement). Suggestions on any of these are welcome.

Real Life has kept, and will keep, me busy for the last few months and for the foreseeable future, but I'm sure I can squeeze in the time to finish another release by the end of August. The Spell tab will be finished by then, but as much as I'd like it, I doubt the damage-type-specific DR and the conditions tracking will be finished at that point.

Azinctus
Giant

Post by Azinctus »

Hi Winter, the framework is looking good. I'm tempted to use it, in a way being stripped down makes it more appealing. I like being expected to know the rules.

However the current fight we are in has over 50 NPCs, of 7 different types, fighting six PCs and their 10 allies. That's a lot of character sheets to set up. I guess I'll look for a better moment to integrate the framework for in game testing.

But I have a question, what is vision and visibility? What is sharp and night vision? How do you handle the conic vision/night vision/darkvision in your games?

OsoRojo
Kobold

Post by OsoRojo »

Winter:

Love the work you're doing and wanted to offer my assistance. I'm a developer (as I'm guessing you are) with quite a bit of experience with HTML, CSS, various scripting languages and Java. I'd like to see if there's any way I can help out. I tried to PM you, but it appears you don't have messages enabled in your profile or something? I don't get a link to email you in any case. PM me and maybe I can find a way to help you out with this awesome resource!

Oso Rojo

Huscurian
Cave Troll

Post by Huscurian »

Hello Winter,

I sent a post to you under the title "To Winter" but not sure if the moderators have approved it.

I have problems with MT GURPS. One of the problems is the lib:GURPS token, the selectability of another token to review its new character sheet by pressing the macro "Character Sheet", and it won't work. It says that it either is missing the token lib:Sheet, or that the macro has to be defined by location.

I am currently using MapTool .b85 and am wondering if it is possible I could consult with you about the problems that I face in MapTool. I am currently working on a campaign, creating my worlds, but really need some thorough input on the macros.

Lastly of all, I found that your campaign idea may have been updated, but there are some confusion about how to create the Character Sheet Macros, some rolls were missing, and some weren't working, etc. If this beta campaign file I downloaded recently was built on an earlier version, I am not so sure what I am doing wrong. Do yuo know the approximate version of this .cmpgn file?

I hope you do reply back to me.

OsoRojo
Kobold

Post by OsoRojo »

Huscurian wrote:Hello Winter,

I sent a post to you under the title "To Winter" but not sure if the moderators have approved it.

I have problems with MT GURPS. One of the problems is the lib:GURPS token, the selectability of another token to review its new character sheet by pressing the macro "Character Sheet", and it won't work. It says that it either is missing the token lib:Sheet, or that the macro has to be defined by location.

I am currently using MapTool .b85 and am wondering if it is possible I could consult with you about the problems that I face in MapTool. I am currently working on a campaign, creating my worlds, but really need some thorough input on the macros.

Lastly of all, I found that your campaign idea may have been updated, but there are some confusion about how to create the Character Sheet Macros, some rolls were missing, and some weren't working, etc. If this beta campaign file I downloaded recently was built on an earlier version, I am not so sure what I am doing wrong. Do yuo know the approximate version of this .cmpgn file?

I hope you do reply back to me.
Try making the lib:GURPS token visible to players (right click the token, check 'visible to players'). If you don't want them modifying it, place it on a map that's NOT visible to players. It will still work. That cleared up the character sheet problem for me.

Huscurian
Cave Troll

Post by Huscurian »

Hey, I figured it out thanks to yuo, Ojo Rojas.

I was supposed to make the token change from its basic state to the current one, GURPS; that alone made the token available to show up the character sheet for modification. That solved my problem. :) At least, I do nto have to ask for Winter.

Your statement regarding the basic map, changing into another one worked with other tokens on other ones. That one did the trick for me.

Thanks very very much for solving a problem that's been plaguing me for days.

Winter
Giant

Post by Winter »

Thanks, OsoRojo, for clearing up Huscurian's problem while I was away from the forums. I'll fix that bug in the next release.

I certainly wouldn't mind some help developing improvements to the framework. I'll get back to you in a few days.

marceloyoiti
Kobold

Post by marceloyoiti »

Hello Winter,
The framework you did for GURPS is amazing!
But I believe I found a small bug. When creating a new character it seems impossible to put a Basic Lift different than (ST*ST)/5. I have a PC with the advantage Lifting ST and I couldn't manage to put a Basic Lift value independent of his ST. I'm using the b86 build on a Windows XP.

Winter
Giant

Post by Winter »

Hello, marceloyoiti. Thanks for trying out the framework. You can't add Lifting ST explicitly, but you can change the Basic Lift. Hit the blue Attributes link at the top of the Main tab. This will let you edit the Basic Lift to whatever value you'd like. Let me know if this works for you.

I might add in an explicit Advantage of Lifting ST in the Ad/Disad tab in a future release, but I'm trying to add other functionality - like Spells - for which there's no support at all. In the meantime, just edit Basic Lift and at your Lifting ST to any lifting skill checks you might make.

Winter
Giant

Post by Winter »

Whoa, scratch that. There is a bug with Lifting ST. You can enter a new value for Basic List, but the system doesn't register it. I'll fix that. Thanks for pointing it out!

thulben
Kobold

Post by thulben »

Hi there,

I've been drooling over the prospect of getting a VTT set up with GURPS and came across this thread. However, I'm finding using it a bit daunting (being a new user to maptools and, by extension, to this framework). Is there a wiki out there somewhere with "how to do x" type articles in it? I know that I'd find it useful. Thanks in advance.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”